PDA

View Full Version : Transferring large files (DVD size)

tarbie
04-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Hello all. I've been downloading a large drum sample set, which consists of 5 files all about 3GB in size, using Shareaza.
I've just about finished getting them but I've also had a couple of people regularly connecting to me to get them and, being a kind soul, wanted to help them avoid all the hassle and waiting like I had.
Is there any way of transferring them without all the queueing etc?
I suppose I could use ftp but I'm a bit worried about the idea of giving someone access to my pc since I don't have a remote server I can use.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this in a secure/easy way, or know of any programs I can use?

Thanks everyone.

{I}{K}{E}
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
newsgroups is the best way.

you upload with max speed. and everyone can download it with their max. download speed ;)

tarbie
04-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks for that. So do I need to register with a news server and get any particular software? I've only ever bothered with Google groups - anything else has always seemed a bit of a hassle.
Thanks again.

crazy11
04-19-2006, 04:18 AM
newsgroups and torrents usually have good constant speeds, but it is sometimes harder to find rare stuff.

tarbie
04-19-2006, 08:05 PM
But say, for example, that I'm only interested in sharing it with this one person (don't worry, I'm not that mean). I'm having to fanny about uploading it to a group and then he's fannying around downloading it.
Is there a way I can send files this large directly to him?