PDA

View Full Version : 24 - from the very start - Does it exist as high def?

Ryan.Maloney
04-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi.

I live in London. I have never seen 24 - I want to watch Season 1 (Day 1) - in high def

I have been searching for NZBs, and I can find s01e02 and s01e03 in HDTV, but nothing else

In the UK we haven't even got hidef (yet) - so I was looking forward to watching these

I'm totally new to this website by the way (and to NZBs). I hope to rip and upload content myself soon

thanks

Ryan

Cheese
04-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Good luck with that. The average HD episode weighs in at 3.2gb, times that by 24 and you've got a hefty download on you hands (80gb).

You could get a decent DivX release at around 9gb on Torrentspy for the whole series if you can bare to watch it at a slightly reduced quality.

However you get it, I recommend watching the whole first series in one sitting.

Ryan.Maloney
04-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Good luck with that. The average HD episode weighs in at 3.2gb, times that by 24 and you've got a hefty download on you hands (80gb).

You could get a decent DivX release at around 9gb on Torrentspy for the whole series if you can bare to watch it at a slightly reduced quality.

Yeah I figured it would have to be xvid or divx - that is fine. It will still be higher quality than DVD/standard def tv releases

Shame I can't find it on usenet

I'll head over to torrentspy now. Thanks for the help - appreciate it

Cheese
04-19-2006, 12:50 AM

Yeah I figured it would have to be xvid or divx - that is fine. It will still be higher quality than DVD/standard def tv releases

Enjoy the show. The only thing I can see on Newzbin is the DVD's of the show.

Ryan.Maloney
04-19-2006, 02:25 AM

Do you have to pay for Newzbin? is it worth it?

I have been using binsearch.net - it is free - and it appears to be the same thing?

Cheese
04-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Do you have to pay for Newzbin? is it worth it?

I have been using binsearch.net - it is free - and it appears to be the same thing?

Yeah, it's 25p a week. I purchased 6 months worth of credit for around £6. I haven't used other sites to be honest but I have had no problems with Newzbin and neglible downtime. It's just a matter of a search and a click and my download starts throgh Grabit.

I think the minimum top-up is 8 weeks so it would be like £2 to try it out, cheaper than a pint...

rick5446
04-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Ryan.Maloney..U can find it at http://www.tvtorrents.com/..it will be in avi though..U can use VSO Divx to DVD TO CONVERT IT TO DVD..I strongly recomend that U only put 4 episodes to Disc in DVD format [for quality reasons]