PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Glue Problem It Went On My Jacket

infamousalbo101
04-26-2003, 04:52 PM
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Infested Cats
04-26-2003, 04:55 PM
What kind of glue was it, and what kind of jacket?

Epoxy on Leather?
Elmers on Mesh?

I had to do a report on Glue for my chemistry class. I bet I could help ya!

infamousalbo101
04-26-2003, 06:13 PM
dis wha it says its a ecko jackit it say nylon 100% crazy glue

locoweed
04-26-2003, 07:31 PM
we glued this drunk dudes finger tips to his face once , the only thing that would unstick it was fingernail polish remover . dunno if that helped ya much though . lol call the dry cleaner.

Infested Cats
04-26-2003, 07:36 PM
nylon and crazy glue = bad combination.

Dont try pulling it apart. You're gonna have to try an acedone (essentially nailpolish remover). There really isn't much else to tell you :(

Skillian
04-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Congrats on the big five-zero-zero IC. Now you really can call yourself a K-Lite Board God! B)

Spindulik
04-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Oh man!

No hope for that dude.

Crazy glue on nylon is worse than a frozen booger on your winter jacket.

MusicWorld
04-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@26 April 2003 - 21:17
Crazy glue on nylon is worse than a frozen booger on your winter jacket.
:( Yeah.....who has'nt had that problem before.Hate that. :(

chloe_cc2002
04-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Worse still when you don't heed the warnings not to get it on your fingers. I was supergluing this wing back onto a little cheap $2 ornament (cherub) and I thought there was no way it would work so overdid it a bit, stuck a rubber band around the cherub and it's wing, and to my amazement after about two weeks took the rubber band off (looked like a plaster cast of sorts) the cherub had it's other wing back.

Trouble is I didn't notice that the broken wing was chipped anyway, and ended up with superglue all over my hands.

I don't know whether there is any moral to the story. Maybe I should have posted this in the 'one of the most stupidest things you have done' thread.

ShareActor
04-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Glue on Nylon leaves you with 99% Glue and 1% nylon.. sorry, just a smudge scissors would make it go away now! :( :rolleyes:

infamousalbo101
04-27-2003, 12:29 AM
DOES ANYBODY KNOW PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe HELP ITS A BRAND NEW JACKET

Spindulik
04-27-2003, 03:20 AM
It is impossible to remove.

Not only does super glue adhere stuff. It melts it too. Nylon is melted and glued into the jacket.

Infested Cats
04-27-2003, 04:07 AM
You better thank me later I'm researching this for you! Neither of these are exactly what you need. But you can try them on your nylon jacket, and see what the results are.

How to Remove Super Glue
Superglue (cyanoacrylate) has many uses. Besides the typical household function of sticking things together, it's used in surgical procedures and even in crime labs to develop unseen fingerprints. Originally marketed as Eastman #910 in 1958, this stuff is sneaky and it goes everywhere if you don't keep an eye on it.

Steps:
1. Clean up any glue that is still wet by blotting it with a white paper towel or terry cloth towel.

2. Soak the object in warm soapy water if possible and try rubbing off as much as you can.

3. Pour a little bit of acetone-base nail polish remover on a white terry cloth.

4. Dab at the dried glue until it dissolves.

5. Use extra fine sandpaper to remove dried glue from the surface of an object.

6. Try a product called Goof-Off or Z-7 Debonder.

Tips:
Hold a folded white cloth on the back of fabrics to keep the acetone from soaking through other layers.

Acetone may affect colors or melt plastic fibers, such as some nylons or carpet. Test it on a hidden area first.

Warnings:
Don't use solvents such as gasoline or paint thinner.

How to Remove Glue From Carpet
Don't cry over spilled glue. Follow these steps to remove it from your carpet in no time.

Steps:
1. Scrape or wipe away excess glue immediately.

2. Blot fresh glue with paper towels while it's still wet. Focus on lifting the glue directly off of the carpet fabric.

3. Scrub the area gently with a piece of cloth dipped in white vinegar.

4. Soak the area with warm water and repeat step 3, if necessary.

5. If the glue has already dried on the carpet, try trimming the top layer of the pile with scissors.

The first one might pertain to you a bit more considering it pertains to superglue. The second one probably has to do with ordinary white-glue, but is good for reference/ideas anyway. Hope things work out for you and your new jacket!

Infested Cats
04-27-2003, 04:14 AM
Heres another one:

Glue Splatters and Residues: Stain Removing Household Hints for Fabric, Carpet and Absorbent Surfaces

1. Mix one teaspoon of a mild pH balanced detergent (a mild non alkaline non bleaching detergent) with a cup of lukewarm water

2. Blot

3. Mix one tablespoon of household ammonia with a half cup of water

4. Blot

5. Mix one teaspoon of a mild pH balanced detergent (a mild non alkaline non bleaching detergent) with a cup of lukewarm water

6. Blot

7. Sponge with clean water

8. Blot

infamousalbo101
04-27-2003, 04:37 AM
thankz ima try them

infamousalbo101
04-27-2003, 04:52 AM
there not working any other ideasss