PDA

View Full Version : Nzbzone troubles?

Nardz
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM
is anyone else have trouble geting on Nzbzone.com?:huh:

accat13
04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
is anyone else have trouble geting on Nzbzone.com?:huh:yes it times out... binage as well (not a member but I can't see the login page):(

Nardz
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
cool man nice to see im not the only one :cry:

ApacNTS
04-21-2006, 09:25 PM
not working for me either. page wont even load.

riceboi
04-21-2006, 10:02 PM
From IRC channel on EFNET

* Topic for #nzbzone is: .::nzbzone.com::. Site Status : Site Shut Down - Thank The MPAA | Future Status Unknown
* Topic for #nzbzone set by [email protected] at Fri Apr 21 13:29:02 2006

erRor67
04-21-2006, 10:47 PM
While it was only untill recently that NZB sites and the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America) locked horns, NZB sites seemed to be able to keep out of the sites of legal pursuit. Now it appears that NZB sites are becoming no more immune than BitTorrent sites. NZB Zone has shut down allegedly because of MPAA action.

Recently, NZB Zone has shut down. A note was left stating, "no details other than what I heard from admin, MPAA involved"

It was only earlier this year that NZB sites were under possible legal threat of copyright authorities. While TVNZB has merely changed ownership and despite claims that they'll be open in a week, TVNZB has yet to re-open.

According to a press release (PDF) earlier this year, NZB-Zone.com BinNews.com and DVDRs.net were all named in a list of sites that were under legal pressure from the MPAA. Why only recently NZB-Zone has closed is a question that is thus far unanswered. Details are currently scarce, as Slyck is currently looking into the situation.

Source: Slyck (http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=1157)

MultiForce
04-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Just the day when I was going to sign up.... damn!

I just hope they don't get the search sites too... if that happens it will be a pain in the ass to find releases :S

Nardz
04-22-2006, 05:23 AM
r.i.p:cry:

Predatorzx
04-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Damn it! Fuck the MPAA !:angry:

nykobing
04-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Is there any other site that was organized as well as Nzbzone? I pay for newzbin, but I really just don't like the layout of it. I can't stand how they list page after page of basically the same release if someone uploaded a complete series of a show instead of lumping them all together. I also dislike how they don't really use the release name in the title, so that you have to click on it to see what it is. I don't mind paying for a well organized site. Any others like nzbzone?

mwag
04-22-2006, 03:03 PM
nykobing, my feelings exactly toward both nzbzone and newzbin! the options are running out too quickly here...
i'm angry.

xcon
04-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Anyone know the story? Been down for a couple of days...

mwag
04-22-2006, 04:05 PM
some rumors on here:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t116287.html

hopefully not true

xcon
04-22-2006, 05:32 PM
me was paying member :(
Hopefully this site will grow and be worthy of $ contributions as well.

Damnatory
04-23-2006, 06:28 AM
I was on the NZBZone forums a few days ago, and one of the admins of the site stated that they are in no way worried about the MPAA, as if it comes to legal action they will just search for over-seas hosting, and rid themselves of the problem.

visionaryone
04-23-2006, 09:17 AM
I can confirm its down for a while thats why i've moved on over here, they have taken it down to protect some people and have no plans to put it back up :(

johnnyboyc_uk
04-23-2006, 10:17 AM
I can confirm its down for a while thats why i've moved on over here, they have taken it down to protect some people and have no plans to put it back up :(

And your source for this information is?

What'spunk.
04-23-2006, 10:30 AM
That's a bit of a shame I've found that to be an excellent site for ages now. It's the only really good source of audiobook nzb files that I've ever found. It's also brilliant for everything else obviously, but that was the thing that really made it stand out imho.

What'spunk.
04-23-2006, 10:34 AM
is anyone else have trouble geting on Nzbzone.com?:huh:yes it times out... binage as well (not a member but I can't see the login page):(
binage is working

visionaryone
04-23-2006, 12:06 PM

And your source for this information is?

I have spoken to Admins on IRC and through confirmations at Scene level.

Nardz
04-23-2006, 07:53 PM
how do i get a membership at binage? is it invite only? if so does anyone have any invites? [email protected]

MultiForce
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
how do i get a membership at binage? is it invite only? if so does anyone have any invites? [email protected]

They are closed for invites...

black96gtvert
04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
i loved nzbzone.com