PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Rocks!

Elvenmunky
04-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Just watched at the cinema!...best forro movie i've seen in tiiime! For anyone who has seen it, do you what that tune was at the credz?

Elvenmunky
04-23-2006, 12:45 AM
horror* :)

Guyver
04-23-2006, 01:08 AM
yeh i saw it last night, its was good.

what was the ending all about?

they dead?

nless00
04-23-2006, 04:48 AM
yeah I agree movie was great even thou have played the game but im too coward to keep playing I get spooked haha.. but movie ending was bit confusing for me...

Damnatory
04-23-2006, 07:04 AM
I just got back from seeing it, was a lot better than I expected.

I'm with Guyver on the ending. I think they are dead, or at least stuck in "the darkness". That would at least explain why the girl's mother is still 'alive', even with the cheesy Crow ripoff "Mother is God in the eyes of children."

By the way, is it just me or did the swordsman KICK ASS! Reminded me of Cloud Strife, with his huge buster sword!

Skiz
04-23-2006, 07:35 AM
WTF is forro?
WTF is credz?? credits? If so.... :dry:

:blink:

hondarvf400
04-23-2006, 06:56 PM
yer just seen this my self, well fucking freaky, good though, those nurse`s were a bit f**ked up, was well good when it went to the darkness.

you need to see this film.

ApacNTS
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
i have to agree this film was good. the music was a great touch in the movie. the storyline ran well and when you find the "truth" you want the ending to go the way it did. i think they are dead as well, if im not mistaken the plant outside was dead when the father went outside right? if so then that means the evil girl has come out of the world, because the good one opened her eyes like an idiot. having the door open in the RW was a nice spooky touch as well

cpt_azad
04-24-2006, 06:26 AM
Saw this tonight and have to agree with ApacNTS and Damnatory. Pretty good movie, compared to all the other crap out. Had some nice scenes in there (like the part where the pyramid guy twists/rips that chicks' skin off).

The ending leaves it ready for a possible sequel, which as we all know is inevitable.

Warning spoilers above.

Bloodsack
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Agreed. This movie is the best game to movie app ever.

hippychick
04-27-2006, 07:48 PM
I finally saw this movie lastnight and it rawked. One of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time.
I liked pyramid head, I wish he would of wreaked distruction in the religious zelots more often.
I agree with everyone else that rose, sharon and sybil are dead. I think they died when they wreaked coming into town and also that Sharon let the demon in her when she looked at it, because they were still in a foggy world when the husband wasnt. It left an opening for part 2.

lightshow
05-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Great great movie. I wish a TC or TS would come out soooooon. I made this badass silent hill shirt on the opening night.

YES!!!!!!!!!

I loved how they did "alternate" world. Especially when you could see down through the grates into the fire!

qhalidx
05-15-2006, 12:10 PM
probably wont be released at my place..since..wellyou know gov censorship..
but the preview..they got down to detail all the levels and monster..what a movie

mr. nails
07-26-2006, 09:47 AM
ok, i just watched this. i never played the game so that's why i'm prob lost. can u ppl fill me in on wtf is going on? the first thing that i didnt' get was the fact that at the beginning when they reach silent hill the mom is running in the fog and then the next scene she has handcuffs on. wtf does that mean? when did she get handcuffs on? the next thing is at the end. they're dead? lol, idk. can ppl tell me about the game and then how it ties with this bogus movie? also, this movie was more gory, but resident evil 1 movie was better. i'm still not sure what to think of this one. after some comments from u guys and maybe a better understanding of this i'll watch it again with more knowledge.

T0TAL-RECALL
07-26-2006, 10:53 AM
ok, i just watched this. i never played the game so that's why i'm prob lost. can u ppl fill me in on wtf is going on? the first thing that i didnt' get was the fact that at the beginning when they reach silent hill the mom is running in the fog and then the next scene she has handcuffs on. wtf does that mean? when did she get handcuffs on? the next thing is at the end. they're dead? lol, idk. can ppl tell me about the game and then how it ties with this bogus movie? also, this movie was more gory, but resident evil 1 movie was better. i'm still not sure what to think of this one. after some comments from u guys and maybe a better understanding of this i'll watch it again with more knowledge.

You obviousley watched a rls on the net CAM... Most are missing 28mins of footage and only the really crap ones seem to have those 28mins in... There is a rls that has the good version and the 28mins ripped out of the crappy one so its the full movie but not worth watching until a decent rls comes out.

mr. nails
07-27-2006, 06:27 AM
w0w, that's fucked up. i waited so long for a good copy. i get one and it's missing scenes. lol. sometimes it doesn't pay to be a pirate...

Guyver
07-27-2006, 07:10 AM
w0w, that's fucked up. i waited so long for a good copy. i get one and it's missing scenes. lol. sometimes it doesn't pay to be a pirate...

dvd should be out soon.

T0TAL-RECALL
07-27-2006, 07:45 AM

Just check before DL on VCDQuality and then read the comments or see if its been nuked. But sometimes your find the nuke stuff for stupid reasons like splitting or bitrate issues so read the comments to find out if its good and just a stupid nuke.

Cheese
07-27-2006, 07:58 AM
even with the cheesy Crow ripoff "Mother is God in the eyes of children."

To be fair The Crow took that line from 19th century novelist William Makepeace Thackeray. I expect the Silent Hill writers took the line from Thackeray as well, at least that's what they'll claim. ;)

Film was pretty average, the massacre at the end was pretty cool though.

Shiranai_Baka
08-01-2006, 04:30 AM
I agree. The film wasn't that scary. It was more of a thriller than a horror for me. Something like when the alien passed by in signs would scare the shit out of me.

Fedders
09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Over all the entire movie was well-rounded, good story line, a combination of horror/thriller and a great ending that left you thinking.

nizrulesall
09-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Yes i enjoyed this movie too, good thriller.

Twigboy
09-14-2006, 06:46 AM
I got this movie a couple of days ago,have'nt watched it yet.
I'm waiting till a buy some good Ale and stuff,before watching this.

Busyman
09-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I liked it ok but it wasn't all o dat.

I liked the Descent better.

joeybuttawipo
09-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Silent Hill is the best horror film I've seen in a long time! No one knows how to do a decent horror anymore. They try to remedy this by doing remakes of the classics and fucking up the whole while. Not with Silent Hill, that shit is great! Yet it didn't get props from the asshole critics. Everyone thinks a little comedy here and there in a horror film balances it out. Bullshit! In a horror, you're too fucking scared to be cracking jokes and 9 times out of ten you're not going to have the courage to fight back against the monster, entity, etc. For those of you who still haven't seen it......watch it and be enlightned. Oh yeah, for the record, the nurses with the knives were sexy......lol

mantunk
10-12-2006, 02:13 AM
not a big fan of horrer movies but i'm looking farward to seeing this one

Seedling
10-12-2006, 04:34 PM
You should mantunk. Ive watched it a number of times already and am still loving it. The soundtrack is awesome. One of the best game film adaptation

ahmedbakeer
10-13-2006, 10:42 PM
i dont watch it yet but i think its good film

biotitan
10-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Yep even I've played e game but not watched the movie tho.... (Sri Lankaz a bit slow with moviez) but thankz to MODERN TECNOLOGY lol; since yourll say itz so GREAT I've decided to watch it!!!!

mr. nails
10-18-2006, 11:12 PM
i still don't see how u guys like this movie so much. i thought it was good, but just not as good as y'all are going on about. i thought re1 was a better film than this. if they would had consentrated more on the nurses and the big dude with the crazy sword thing it would had been a lot better. u guys need to watch more movies...

brenda
10-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Loved it! the whole thing was beautifully put together. Although I haven't played the game I thought that certain elements of its production mirrored that type of wal***hrough horror game perfectly e.g. camera angles, lighting, FX. You can tell that the director is a fan of the game. I did find the end frustrating though - not so much because it wasn't a 'happy' ending but more because it seemed to lose something and just tail off.... y'know like when you've invested hours of gameplay and feel a bit let down at the end.

Snee
10-22-2006, 10:28 PM
even with the cheesy Crow ripoff "Mother is God in the eyes of children."

To be fair The Crow took that line from 19th century novelist William Makepeace Thackeray. I expect the Silent Hill writers took the line from Thackeray as well, at least that's what they'll claim. ;)

If that's the exact line from the movie, they were paraphrasing, not quoting :unsure:

Maybe it's from the abridged version of whatever :dabs:

This reminds me of that thread a while ago where someone said 'V for Vendetta' was based on '1984' :dabs:

Reading is not just for christmas, children. (Not referring to you here, obviously, Cheebus.)

bunny67
10-25-2006, 01:21 AM
yeah wot a cool film watched after a few spliffs n was sat there mouth open wide at the end thinking wtf doh

ahmedbakeer
10-30-2006, 11:45 PM
its not bad movies

JordoR
10-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Silent Hill imo... was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I dont usually hate movies, but this movie was just terrible. Was the guy with the giant blade and the bird-cage over his face supposed to be funny? Because I couldn't stop laughing at him.

RIKI6544
11-01-2006, 06:34 PM
i have it on dvd i have to see it!

Tmaster
11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
silent hill s one of the best movies i watched this year

torrentslave
11-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Silent Hill imo... was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I dont usually hate movies, but this movie was just terrible. Was the guy with the giant blade and the bird-cage over his face supposed to be funny? Because I couldn't stop laughing at him.

i didnt like ie also

i guess u have to play the game

KilUA FST
02-05-2007, 02:59 AM
good film