PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Problems

douyang
04-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Has anyone here experienced problems playing episodes 21-25 of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG? I can't get any of them to play, whenever I try I get a message saying that there's been an error and my media player needs to close. The rest of the episodes work fine. Has anyone any experience with this?

The episodes are all Laughing Man Fansubs, and their site is no longer there.

mr. nails
04-24-2006, 08:47 AM
21-25 are dvd rips and require u 2 have ac3 codec installed.

douyang
04-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Where can I get the ac3 codec? Does it cost me anything? Do you know which media players it'll work with?

mr. nails
04-25-2006, 06:24 AM
ac3 codec is free and u can grab it from here (http://www.codecguide.com). play the video in whichever player u wish.

douyang
04-30-2006, 05:47 AM
I have an AC Filter version 1.01A rc5, and the files play okay except for the fact that the volume is so low that I can't hear the dialogue most of the time, even when I turn the volume all the way up on my laptop. I don't have speakers. Does the codec you just linked me to work better?

Guyver
04-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Is the Second ghost in the shell movie on dvd?

Mr. Mulder
04-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah it's been out for awhile, nothing like the first one if you've not seen it. No motoko kusanagi, but plenty of Batou :dabs:

mr. nails
04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I have an AC Filter version 1.01A rc5, and the files play okay except for the fact that the volume is so low that I can't hear the dialogue most of the time, even when I turn the volume all the way up on my laptop. I don't have speakers. Does the codec you just linked me to work better?
stand alone ac3 filter should suffice and all u need to do is boost the volume up on it in the ac3 options and u'll be ok. lol, be4 i was aware of boosting the volume way back when i was turning my speakers all the way up too. funny stuff. ac3 is best and once u learn the audio set-up of it u'll be happy.

mr. nails
04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Is the Second ghost in the shell movie on dvd?
2nd movie has GREAT visuals and a GREAT soundtrack, but the story is quite meh.

douyang
05-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Does anyone else here have serious problems with the video playback? Whenever I play an episode the video always constantly freezes and lags behind the audio. I've tried Windows Media Player with the acceleration turned down to maximize performance and also GDivx player, which uses much fewer system resources, but same problem.

My system specs are:

2 GHZ Laptop
256 MB RAM
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

I've also noticed that when I leave the task manager on and play the episodes it says I'm using somewhere from 98% to 100% of my processing power whenever the video starts skipping or stalling.

Also, sometimes I can play the episode with no problems at all. I'm not sure what causes the problem.