PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R Patch question

imasoldier
05-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I downloaded F.E.A.R again it works fine and all but how do you update without getting the error "This Update is only compatible with the English(United States) version of FEAR. Please use the correct update for the installed version of the game." The patch comes right off of FEAR's site and my version of FEAR is dvd. Is there a work around? The game is in English dunno whats wrong...

Guyver
05-06-2006, 08:05 PM
are u using a crack?, game needs orginal .exe to update i think

gamer4eva
05-06-2006, 11:48 PM
When you have succesfully installed F.E.A.R do not apply any crack.Update to the required version.now you can apply crack no problem.

imasoldier
05-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I wasn't using a crack it was just installed I tried to apply patch and it came up with the error.

Delorean
05-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Then you must have a different version of F.E.A.R. maybe the US version?
Try donloading a different version. I'm not sure if there is a UK version and European version Seperate from each other..

On second thought... Why do you want to update it anyway?? Since you downloaded it you can't play online! So just install it play it beat it uninstall it.. well.. unless you have a vaid online cd key!

imasoldier
05-07-2006, 04:56 PM
No... I'd like to have it updated maybe it has some issues that should be fixed. And I already beat the game I want to have a Lan Party with it

ApacNTS
05-08-2006, 01:15 AM
go here http://www.vugames.com/file_list.do?gamePlatformId=1875 scroll down passed the vidoes, you'll see the links to dl the patch from w/e langauge support you need.

imasoldier
05-08-2006, 01:22 AM
The game is in English... I downloaded the English Patch... Does not work... It's ok though I'll just play without a patch