PDA

View Full Version : Blackbird

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
I saved the life of a blackbird yesterday. :01:

Well, I had to really, because it was my fault it got hurt. I left the door open at the side of the house, and the blackbird failed to notice the pane of glass between him and the end of the alleyway. :dabs:

Here is the blackbird, minutes after the impact:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/604/p10100567mk.jpg

When it first happened, it was flapping around on the ground like a spazzmatazz, and I thought it was really hurt, but when it had quieted down a bit I picked it up and checked it over, and it seemed OK but was obviously very unnerved by the fact that it had hit some solid air whilst flying.

Anyway, the RSPB man said it might have concussion, so to just put it somewhere quiet and see if it flies away.

Here it is on the quiet bird-table. I was lucky a passing eagle or something didn't come down and snaffle it. :dabs:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7625/p10100575iv.jpg

Things got a bit worse for it when the sun came out, as it sort of wilted, and its beak came to rest on the ground, so I thought I'd better put it in some shady place. Anyway, when it saw me try and grab it, it panicked and tried to fly again, and flew straight into the fence. :dabs:

So when I'd recovered it from the floor, I put it in a shady part of the garden, where it stayed for about 2 hours.

It was visited by a passing pigeon, who said "sup", but he didn't want to talk to the pigeon, so hid behind a plant-pot.

Then it was spotted by a lady blackbird, who came down, called it a lazy motherfucker, and tried to peck it. She chased it round the garden, and behind another shrub. He seemed happy enough just hopping about, he just didn't have the inclination to fly again, incase there was any more of that solid air floating about :emo:

I think he was having an emo sulk, actually.

Anyway, then I lost track of it, but about 4 hours later he was still just hopping, and he'd managed to grab a worm for dinner, so that was OK. Then it went dark, and we saw him no more. :(

But this morning, a bedraggled looking blackbird was flying happily, if a little shakily, between the two fences on the side of the garden, and if it wasn't the same blackbird, then it was a remarkably similar one. (You know, orange beak, black feathers, wings, tail, etc)

So we think there was a happy ending. :01:

Proper Bo
05-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Have you been stealing manker's pink t-shirts?:ghey:

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 12:18 PM

It's not pink, it's sort of a light brown colour :snooty:

ColourTard.

Proper Bo
05-08-2006, 12:21 PM

It's not pink, it's sort of a light brown colour :snooty:

ColourTard.
:emorod:
:bastardisedsmilierod:

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah, well I let you have that one :emo:

DorisInsinuate
05-08-2006, 12:30 PM
This thread was all wrong. You should have posted a picture of the bird writhing about on the floor, with the word 'pwned' flashing in big ghey letters 'shopped on to it.

Proper Bo
05-08-2006, 12:39 PM
agree.

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 12:46 PM
This thread was all wrong. You should have posted a picture of the bird writhing about on the floor, with the word 'pwned' flashing in big ghey letters 'shopped on to it.

Doh! :frusty:

/reopens side door again, polishes blood off glass, and sits and waits with camera. :lookaroun

Proper Bo
05-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Should use a video camera, extra pwnage:smilie4:

Mr. Mulder
05-08-2006, 12:55 PM
nice but you better hope the blackbird never reads this, it makes him sound like a pussy :emo:

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 01:01 PM
nice but you better hope the blackbird never reads this, it makes him sound like a pussy :emo:

Yah, well he is. :snooty: Twas only a bit of glass ffs. Didn't even break... :dabs:

Neways, I wish I'd done the "PWNED" thing now :no:

Gripper
05-08-2006, 03:22 PM
P'raps if afore mentioned blackbird had had a white head it could have smashed through the door like a Guinness

Cheese
05-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Did you speak to it in the language of the crow? :unsure:

Gripper
05-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Did you speak to it in the language of the crow? :unsure:
Don't be daft man,blackbirds speak pawnee or apache,depending if they come from up north or darn sarf:w00t:

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 03:27 PM
is Gripper speaking in crow-tongue, because I don't understand his last 2 posts :emo:

Gripper
05-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Geppers post about Guinness (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=104576&page=3756)

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
:aids: :no:

EDIT: Oh, found it.

Here's what you should have linked to. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1334122&postcount=37556

manker
05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Sam's bat > Barbie's crow.

In your favour, it does look like you have translucent rubber gloves on in the pink t-shirt pic :smilie4:

Barbarossa
05-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Of course. Otherwise picking it up would have been completely reckless. I didn't want it to catch bird-aids :no: