PDA

View Full Version : A sudden change of heart

Yoga
05-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Moussaoui wants to withdraw guilty plea :P

By Deborah Charles | May 8, 2006

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Zacarias Moussaoui, who was sentenced last week to life in prison, filed a motion to withdraw his guilty plea on Monday and said he lied when he testified that he was meant to be part of the September 11 hijacking plot.

Moussaoui, 37, said in the affidavit filed with the motion that he had pleaded guilty to conspiracy in connection with the attacks against the advice of his lawyers because his understanding of the U.S. legal system was "completely flawed."

"Because I now see that it is possible that I can receive a fair trial, even with Americans as jurors and that I can have the opportunity to prove that I did not have any knowledge of and was not a member of the plot to hijack planes and crash them into buildings on September 11, 2001, I wish to withdraw my guilty plea and ask the court for a new trial to prove my innocence of the September 11 plot," he said in the affidavit.

BOSTON (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/05/08/moussaoui_asks_to_withdraw_guilty_plea/)

Sucks to him, now he's just screwed himself on both sides.

Mr JP Fugley
05-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Fuck him, let him rot in jail for the rest of his life.

DanB
05-09-2006, 07:02 AM
:glag: