PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 the next 3DO?

Mr. Peabody
05-10-2006, 06:38 AM
At $600 one has to wonder if the PS3 will have the same fate as 3DO's former system.

nless00
05-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Well, same thing I said about xbox 360 I'm going to say the same about ps3 I was not impressed with the system.. only thing I was glad sony kept ps2 controller I love Dual Shock Controller(ps2)... doom for ps3? we not sure yet, since sony had exclusive to Final Fantasy and Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid, but squrenix and rockstar are going to release for xbox 360 too so I lost litte hope, I'm worry about future of playstation I'm fan of playstation :(. are we going back to nintendo days again?
playing donkey kong 5(I may add spend alot hours on donkey kong 2 hahaha).

cpt_azad
05-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Xbox360=Not Next Generation

PS3=Also not next generation.

Graphics alone don't make the systems next gen, so far, I have yet to see a single game that has wowed me. I hate to admit it, but Nintendo might get the upperhand since they're bringing something new to the table.

Only reason I got 360 is for Splinter Cell Double Agent and of course Halo3...wow what a waste of money, I harsh regret buying it :(

3RA1N1AC
05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
At $600 one has to wonder if the PS3 will have the same fate as 3DO's former system.
i don't know about that, but i think we can all agree that UMD MOVIES are this year's betamax.

DorisInsinuate
05-10-2006, 11:06 AM
With the spending power of Sony I find it hard to believe the PS3 could end up as a complete miserable failure. It'll more likely be the next XBox, probably depends on how the Blu-ray thing works out.

Smith
05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
BIA:HH....I sure hope that thing shows off some next gen features...The AI has always been pretty decient.

T0TAL-RECALL
05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
i don't know about that, but i think we can all agree that UMD MOVIES are this year's betamax.

I would not have used Betamax as an example of UMD since Betamax was a better media than VHS it just didnt have the money to throw around to get it sold.

I would compare UMD more to Midi Disk.

Anyways back on topic...

The PS3 will do fine no matter how much it costs... People will pay stupid money just because its new. People spend loads on mobile phones and they get outdated quicker than most technologies.

Vamp
05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Well, with the $ to Rand exchange, it works out that the PS3 in the US is round about the same price that the PS2 was when it was released here :P
R3000, which is pretty cheap.

mr. nails
05-11-2006, 04:59 AM
Graphics alone don't make the systems next gen...
what does?
grafx cards that support newer technology has been said to be called next gen, no?

ps3 will be great and at $600 that's pretty cheap. i remember the first time i saw ps2. it was over $700 so $600 for this is nice. so far i'm looking forward to devil may cry 4 and killzone.

Twigboy
05-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Graphics alone don't make the systems next gen...
what does?
grafx cards that support newer technology has been said to be called next gen, no?

ps3 will be great and at $600 that's pretty cheap. i remember the first time i saw ps2. it was over $700 so $600 for this is nice. so far i'm looking forward to devil may cry 4 and killzone.

Ps2 $700 where on the ebay?
They where $299 when they hit the stores by my house,no way I'd pay $700 for that or $600 for a Ps3 when it comes out.
I don't need it that bad!

ahctlucabbuS
05-14-2006, 09:43 AM
If the price proves to be unacceptable to the general consumer of course they'd most likely lower it sooner than schedule. I don't see how it can fail when ps2 have a track record of 100 mill sold machines, not to forget all the well known game series which will get a sequel. Its brand names, both machine and games is very well incorporated into people's consiousness, it seems.
I was never a big fan myself. ;)

Busyman™
05-14-2006, 03:09 PM
The PS3 will sell like hotcakes...even at $600.

A hi-def player and game console in one. God of War 2, Madden, Metal Gear...this list will go on and on and it will trounce the competition, again.

It will easily outsell the Wii and at a higher price point. That speaks volumes.

I ain't fuckin' with it until it's moddable. One o my boys will get anyway. He already got the 360 on day 1 and got a hook-up.

barnaby
05-18-2006, 01:41 AM
700 here in surrey bc too.