PDA

View Full Version : JP's Harshity - all an interweb act, isn't it.

manker
05-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I was in bed, reading. The lad wouldn't sleep and was creating merry hell around me but he seemed happy enough so I left him to it.

The phone rang - now normally I don't answer it to numbers I don't know but I did and was greeted by a someone 'looking for manker' who initially sounded Pakistani but then I later realised it was Scotch.

I thought it must be Spider_dude because he is the only Scot who rings me so conducted the conversation as if it was him. After much confusion and me telling 'Liam' to stfu and this 'Jim' telling me that his name wasn't 'Ian', I realised it was JP. I'd never spoken to him before, so it was quite a novelty.

I don't have total recall of the conversation but I do remember JP telling me that my plan to phone at 9:30 the next morning to say whether I needed an extra ticket to Keano's testimonial (the reason for the phonecall) was an "Ideal idea" - which I thought highly amusing in an 'at not with' kinda way.

Anyhow. By now the boy was playing up a bit and obviously wanted me to stop talking on the phone - so I said this to JP:

Me: Sorry, I need to see to my Son. Sorry I can't stop on and chat.
JP: What?
Me: Sorry I can't stay and chat but the lad ... .
JP <interrupting>: I heard what you said; the chances of me actually phoning up someone from the interweb is nigh on fucking zero so if you think for a second that I'm wanting to stay and chat then you're mistaken.

<slight pause>

JP: In fact, after this conversation, I hope I never have to speak to you ever again. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Me <laughing>: Well, okay that's fair enough, I'll have to phone tomorrow tho'.
JP: Sure. Bye now.

Click.

I'm paraphrasing, obviously, and maybe it wasn't as harsh as all that - more jovial - but I was like :o

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
he didn't even pretend to be phoning with your aids test results like i said he should?:shocked:

manker
05-10-2006, 04:58 PM
He might have - I was rly confused at the start of the conversation and wasn't yet tuned into foreign-speak.

Proper Bo
note: you should point out that "the lad" is your bairn, not a pet name for your boyfriend. just for people who don't know, like.

edit: just noticed you mentioned "son" a few times:pinch:

Mr JP Fugley
Other than me saying "Sorry if that sounds overly harsh" that's pretty much it.

Had it just been harsh I would have felt no need to make mention of it. That seems fair enough.

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 04:59 PM
He might have - I was rly confused at the start of the conversation and wasn't yet tuned into foreign-speak.

did he larf at your silly accent?:smilie4:

infact, it'd have been a "who sounds daftest"-athon:P

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 05:02 PM
he didn't even pretend to be phoning with your aids test results like i said he should?:shocked:
I tried to, but soon realized I was dealing with a befuddled dolt and decided to "dumb it down".

Imagine my horror when he apologized for not being in a position to carry on, with an extended conversation. I'm a guy for fuck sake, get the business sorted and hang the fuck up. Burds and emos "chat".

How it should have gone.

Me - Is that manker

manker - Indeed.

Me - Do you have a mate who wants a free ticket for the game, manutd end.

manker - Not sure. I'll ask about.

Me - OK, phone me in the morning.

click.

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:04 PM
you=more manly than manker.

fact.

(he's phoned me just for a chat before:no:)

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 05:05 PM

fact.

Beore what.:sick:

manker
05-10-2006, 05:06 PM
There was me feeling pretty chuffed that you phoned :emo:

Btw, that aids test result thing wouldn't really have worked with JP only knowing my screen name.

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Btw, that aids test result thing wouldn't really have worked with JP only knowing my screen name.

you know, he never even asked for your real name:lol:

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM

fact.

Beore what.:sick:

beore I called him a gay and laughed at his silly accent:schnauz:

manker
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM

fact.

You talked more than me during that phonecall :snooty:

Also, you asked me to phone you when we were on MSN one night because you were fed up of typing.

I declined :smilie4:

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:10 PM

fact.

You talked more than me during that phonecall :snooty:

Also, you asked me to phone you when we were on MSN one night because you were fed up of typing.

I declined :smilie4:
rodoff, ghey

manker
05-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Seriously you're the most chatty bloke I know.

Dave will back me up (oo-er).

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
all ghey propaganda:no:

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM

Why in the name of Lionel Blair would I want to know his real name. Yeah right.

"Hello, Brian, my name's Jim, you know me as JP on the internet, I believe you go by the name manker" Who are you people.

I remember, when he actually told me it, thinking. "Why the fuck are you telling me this. It is if no conceivable interest to me. It certainly won't make us "closer"".

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd just feel like a tit phoning and asking for "manker"

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:14 PM
hypothetically, if you phoned robert00000000, would you actually say all those zeros?:blink:

manker
05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Why in the name of Lionel Blar would I want to know his real name. Yeah right.

"Hello, Brian, my name's Jim, you know me as JP on the internet, I believe you go by the name manker" Who are you people.

I remember, when he actually told me it, thinking. "Why the fuck are you telling me this. It is if no conceivable interest to me. It certainly won't make us "closer"".Scotch people sound like an Pakistani who has learned English from an American when they say 'manker'. Fact.

I wanted the horror to stop.

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Why in the name of Lionel Blar would I want to know his real name. Yeah right.

I remember, when he actually told me it, thinking. "Why the fuck are you telling me this. It is if no conceivable interest to me. It certainly won't make us "closer"".Scotch people sound like an Pakistani who has learned English from an American when they say 'manker'. Fact.

I wanted the horror to stop.
:no:

manker
05-10-2006, 05:17 PM
hypothetically, if you phoned robert00000000, would you actually say all those zeros?:blink:
Well, no but I call you 'Bo' even though I know your real name.

A girl's name seems more appropriate.

GepperRankins
05-10-2006, 05:20 PM
manker is the chattiest gay evar

GepperRankins
05-10-2006, 05:20 PM
manker is the chattiest gay evar

NikkiD
05-10-2006, 05:22 PM
So are you lot past the "I'm on the phone with someone from the interweb and I don't have the faintest clue what to say" phase yet? I remember speaking to Sonja for the first time on the phone and the two of us just giggling for about five minutes before giving up and saying goodbye. Or is that just a girl thing.

To answer your question though, yes, JP's harshity is just an act. He's really a lovely person.

GepperRankins
05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
only two internet people have ever phoned me. whenever it's spider_dude, we get confused by eachothers accent then hang up. when manker phones he always tries to kick off a conversation about what i'm wearing :dabs:

manker
05-10-2006, 05:25 PM
So are you lot past the "I'm on the phone with someone from the interweb and I don't have the faintest clue what to say" phase yet? I remember speaking to Sonja for the first time on the phone and the two of us just giggling for about five minutes before giving up and saying goodbye. Or is that just a girl thing.

To answer your question though, yes, JP's harshity is just an act. He's really a lovely person.
I usually always phone interweb people only when drunk, so the giggling may just be a girl thing.

As is the thinking JP is a lovely person - he's putting it on so you'll send pics of your tits :smilie4:

Guillaume
05-10-2006, 05:25 PM
the two of us just giggling for about five minutes before giving up and saying goodbye. Or is that just a girl thing.
Yes.
We guys guffaw.

edit: fecking board is acting up again.

manker
05-10-2006, 05:27 PM
only two internet people have ever phoned me. whenever it's spider_dude, we get confused by eachothers accent then hang up. when manker phones he always tries to kick off a conversation about what i'm wearing :dabs:You never wear clothes when at your computer - and you're always at your computer so for me to ask what you're wearing would be kinda stupid.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Here's the truth NikkiD.

I thought Bo had ripped the pish out of me and that I had fallen for it.

When the phone was answered here's 3 things it DIDN'T sound.

1. Welsh

2. Male

3. Twenties.

In short (and sorry if this is overly harsh). I thought Bo had given me the number of a teenage English lass he knew and perhaps hadn't let her in on the joke. Imagine how that would have looked for a middle aged married man with hundreds of weans. Small wonder I proclaimed that we would never speak again and hung up the phone, pronto style.

manker
05-10-2006, 05:28 PM
/blocked

NikkiD
05-10-2006, 05:29 PM
As is the thinking JP is a lovely person - he's putting it on so you'll send pics of your tit :smilie4:

Haven't you all seen enough pics of Jonno?

manker
05-10-2006, 05:30 PM
As is the thinking JP is a lovely person - he's putting it on so you'll send pics of your tit :smilie4:

:lol: :D

I don't think the interweb can hold anymore.

/blockedFeck, that's something The would do.

Now I know how he feels when I pwn him with harshity.

NikkiD
05-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Here's the truth NikkiD.

1. Welsh

2. Male

3. Twenties.

In short (and sorry if this is overly harsh). I thought Bo had given me the number of a teenage English lass he knew and perhaps hadn't let her in on the joke. Imagine how that would have looked for a middle aged married man with hundreds of weans. Small wonder I proclaimed that we would never speak again and hung up the phone, pronto style.

:glag:

Seriously.

Guillaume
05-10-2006, 05:33 PM

Now I know how he feels when I pwn him with harshity.[/QUOTE]
Pull a yogi then. I'm sure your cyber-manlove buddy at that english comedy tracker will welcome you with open arms.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 05:33 PM
:lol: :D

I don't think the interweb can hold anymore.

Now I know how he feels when I pwn him with harshity.
Hah, the cawks in the other sheath now, Mr lah de da Brian.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Here's the truth NikkiD.

1. Welsh

2. Male

3. Twenties.

Seriously.

Ask someone who has spoken to him.

They have identified themselves here (plus cheese).

In fact cheese has spoken in person, he can confirm if that is more or less like a pubescent English lass.

manker
05-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Silly buggers :no:

I am considered as quite the alpha male in these parts - and that's nowt to do with lack of competition.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 05:42 PM

I am considered as quite the alpha male in these parts - and that's nowt to do with lack of competition.
these parts = your office.

You are Alpha male, over 4 hawt blonde burds, with big bewbs, who you pay.

Gripper
05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
I vote this one of the best threads I've read for ages :glag:

NikkiD
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM

Seriously.

Ask someone who has spoken to him.

They have identified themselves here (plus cheese).

In fact cheese has spoken in person, he can confirm if that is more or less like a pubescent English lass.

PM me his phone number - I'll verify for myself when I get home from work tonight. :whistling

Sextent
05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
What sort of person would give another person's phone number out without asking them?

Then not even telling them that they had given it.

That's just not safe.

DorisInsinuate
05-10-2006, 06:25 PM
What sort of person would give another person's phone number out without asking them?

That's just not safe.
J'P would do it, I hear he can be a bit harsh.

Gripper
05-10-2006, 06:26 PM

That's just not safe.
Welcome to Teh Lounge,a life less ordainary,for people who like living on the edge:w00t:

Sextent
05-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Why not just phone manker and say that someone has asked for the number? Then manker can decide. He also wouldn't been surprised when he got the call.

Although we wouldn't have had this thread then, which was well worth it. But if I was Manker I would be pissed of.

Spider_dude
05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
ive spoke to manker and dave before and most of the time i have no idea what they are saying, the only one i understand is dan "innit" b.

NikkiD
05-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Or I could live dangerously and just PM manker my phone number and wait for the next time he's drunk.

Sextent
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Or I could live dangerously and just PM manker my phone number and wait for the next time he's drunk.
:lol:

Guillaume
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
He'd just beg for cigarettes.

NikkiD
05-10-2006, 06:45 PM

I'd be mean and light one, and blow smoke in his ear.

Sextent
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM

If I PM you my number will you do me as well :blushing:

NikkiD
05-10-2006, 06:51 PM

Have you recently given up smoking as well then?

Sextent
05-10-2006, 06:58 PM

Have you recently given up smoking as well then?
Not recently, but I still have some cravings.

DanB
05-10-2006, 07:26 PM
ive spoke to manker and dave before and most of the time i have no idea what they are saying, the only one i understand is dan "innit" b.

That's cos I live near the Queen so I speak properly.

And no I don't mean Baz :dry:

Spider_dude
05-10-2006, 07:40 PM
junno?

missie
05-10-2006, 07:45 PM
i couldn't get zero off the phone to me ma a while ago, so i just let 'em blether at each other for ages. they were probably slagging me orf. :no:

Guillaume
05-10-2006, 07:52 PM
i couldn't get zero off the phone to me ma a while ago, so i just let 'em blether at each other for ages. they were probably slagging me orf. :no:
He's still alive then?

missie
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
uh huh. at least he was larst week. :unsure:

Fromagepas
05-10-2006, 08:12 PM

That's cos I live near the Queen so I speak properly.

No Dan, you live "at Her Majesty's pleasure" that's not the same.

manker
05-10-2006, 09:05 PM

these parts = your office.

You are Alpha male, over 4 hawt blonde burds, with big bewbs, who you pay.Yeah but there are male clients in and out of my office all of the time. Of course, in strict accordance with my 'me me me' policy, I only take on hawt burd and ugly middle aged bloke clients.

However, I did mean the local pub, rather than the office (which is a given) - but I suspect everyone knew that and nodded their silent agreement :sage:

manker
05-10-2006, 09:06 PM

That's just not safe.
Hoi! We've done the fight club joke.

Gripper
05-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Having me doubts with ya waving that pumping pink cawk about :parsley:

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 09:08 PM

That's just not safe.
I'm not Bo :rosemary:

manker
05-10-2006, 09:12 PM
DABS

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 09:15 PM
DABS
See, I have absolutely no fucking idea what that means.

manker
05-10-2006, 09:17 PM
I think we've been thro' this and I've decreed that it means 'unimpressed'.

GepperRankins
05-10-2006, 09:24 PM
omg a female11 :dry:

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I think we've been thro' this and I've decreed that it means 'unimpressed'.
You're unimpressed with me not being Bo.:blink:

It makes me happier than Mrs Happy's happiest son, that's enough for me.

manker
05-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Enough roddery.

Something quite extraordinary has just happened because of this thread - so extraordinary, in fact, that I may have to make yet another thread about it.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Enough roddery.

Something quite extraordinary has just happened because of this thread - so extraordinary, in fact, that I may have to make yet another thread about it.
You, another thread :ohmy:

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 10:31 PM
I just pissedmyself:earl: reading this fred.

fact.

Proper Bo
05-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Here's the truth NikkiD.

1. Welsh

2. Male

3. Twenties.

I was rly tempted to do that:smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Here's the truth NikkiD.

1. Welsh

2. Male

3. Twenties.

I was rly tempted to do that:smilie4:
You're a bit of a lad aren't you. :lol:

Unfortunately I now know his real name, mobile telephone number, business name, business address and business telephone number. If I want to know anything else it will take 1 five minute telephone call. That will include exchanging "how goes it mate".

Thanks for that.

If you want to provide any further details please do not hesitate to PM me.

manker
05-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Reading that, it's all a bit worrying :unsure:

Btw, JP, thanks for offering to send the capped footie. I would have said thanks in the text containing my address - but I'd already gone up to the limit of characters and to have said 'thanks' would have cost me an extra 10p.

I'm sure you understand.

Mr JP Fugley
05-10-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm sure you understand.
Sorry, no. I'm a simple kind of man. I don't really do oblique.

Barbarossa
05-11-2006, 08:39 AM

I thought everyone's real name was Dave. :blink:

That's why we invent all these interweb names, so it's less confusing :ermm:

Chip Monk
05-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Dave = Rod