PDA

View Full Version : For those of you whom question the Nintendo Wii

orcutt989
05-10-2006, 08:55 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=327f4hU1oVw&feature=Views&page=3&t=t&f=b

Even if you think the controller is gay, that is a pretty good idea.

orcutt989
05-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Bah! It is quite amazing!!

cpt_azad
05-11-2006, 04:22 AM
The way FPS should be played, too bad not many good ones will be out. I swear to god if LucasArts doesnt make a game for this I'm gonna snap. If the price is nice and cheap and there are good games for this in 3 years I'm gonna pick one up for sure.

mr. nails
05-11-2006, 05:24 AM
i'll get one no matter what. just because i'll have the newest nintendo and it's backwards compatible with the gamecube.

in regards to the controller. sure, it's a nice idea and all, but seriously, lol, i really don't want to be that active while playing a game.

maebach
05-11-2006, 02:59 PM
My only concerns are, that Nintendo has to make some mature games, I was so dissappointed in the NGC only haveing 2-5 mature games. Also, how would you play basketball games? The shooters better work well with those controllers.

Busyman™
05-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Again, Sony had the same shit for the PS3 which makes the Wii a Wii bit ununique.

ahctlucabbuS
05-11-2006, 08:36 PM
double post

ahctlucabbuS
05-11-2006, 08:36 PM
It's not the same shit though. The Wii controller moves in 3d space while the p3 only has tilt support.

And yea, looks fun.

orcutt989
05-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah exactly, so then the PS3 isnt very unique then either [busyman], because they made a tilt support adapter for the N64 controller... And what he said about 3d space.

Busyman™
05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Also, I don't want a work out when I play every game. When a play a racing game, I either want a steering wheel or analog controller.

I mean used the Eyetoy and it was cool for a bit. It's not a top choice and neither would the Wii controller be.

Also if the Wii is modest graphical improvement over the GC, it looks like this new controller couldv'e just come out for the GC.

I can't justify a new system from a company that had a shit system last time just 'cause it has a new peripheral and emulates games that we all have emulated already.

I saw the Gears Of War trailer for the 360 and THAT impressed leaps and bounds more than the Wii's remote control.

I don't want to hold my hands up, not resting on anything, to play a game unless it's novelty game specifically calling for that.
I could see uses where a game switches to the remote control mode in certain parts. However, there's no fucking way I'd play a FPS with that shit.

Think about it and avoid the hype.

cpt_azad
05-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Again, Sony had the same shit for the PS3 which makes the Wii a Wii bit ununique.

Didn't Sony copy Nintendo on that (who in turn copied Microsoft's joystick thingy from way back when) whole motion sensing thing. I mean if you actually believe Sony's big secret was that, then you really are gullible. Sony ripped off the Wii, which in turn ripped off other various 3rd party companies.

Nothin "truly" unique what so ever at E3 this year.

iMartin
05-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I think the Wii will do great things, then agian I was raised on Nintendo.

Busyman™
05-12-2006, 01:11 AM

Didn't Sony copy Nintendo on that (who in turn copied Microsoft's joystick thingy from way back when) whole motion sensing thing. I mean if you actually believe Sony's big secret was that, then you really are gullible. Sony ripped off the Wii, which in turn ripped off other various 3rd party companies.

I don't care. Gullibility doesn't factor in.

I'm not a fanboy in any sense of word.

I have no allegiance to a company besides wanting them to do well if I own stock in them.

I don't care who came up with what first.

I don't understand "brand loyalty" unless it's with customer service.

I think fanboys are idiots.

My favorite console right now is the Xbox...then Xbox 360.

If the PS3 is better (at friggin $600) then I'll say it's better.

From a "what's on paper" standpoint and what I've seen on the 360, the Wii (in the next console generation) is more of a shit product than the GC was in the last generation.

That remote controller doesn't change squat. I just know that besides a paltry number of games, that I'd never use the damn thing on a normal basis.

It's a Xavix ffs. I also don't think the marketing is telling the whole story on how it works either.

The main thing I like about the Wii is that it's Wii (small).

suprafreak6
05-12-2006, 01:21 AM
this system will be great, im probly going to get it just for zelda, it looks friggin sweet, anyone agree?

Busyman™
05-12-2006, 01:39 AM
this system will be great, im probly going to get it just for zelda, it looks friggin sweet, anyone agree?
It seems to have better marketing already than the GC did.

I think it's a case of fresh and new syndrome.

So far, I mean really, what is their to be hyped about.

Emulated games?
A new peripheral?
The new Zelda?

I'll admit that the thing I'm most hyped about if anything, would be the new games. Game that if they came out on the GC that I'd have the same wow factor.

I just hope that if they are going come out with a new F-Zero or Star Fox that it'll be the bomb and not some bullshit.

Btw, I think Zelda is coming from for the Wii and GC.:huh:

ahctlucabbuS
05-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Missing the last generation entirely there's still many GC titles I'd like to play, so along with the new controller, and innovation in general; design; N's rep for quality titles; and price, Wii looks like a good choice imo.

Ofc the ps3 have potential as well, but so far I've yet to see something to really get excited about game wise. Oh, and the price. Ugh.

oxygenuk
05-13-2006, 01:25 PM
i want a wii but im not completey sure

ahctlucabbuS
05-13-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm not even going there .
See above post.

Busyman
05-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Missing the last generation entirely there's still many GC titles I'd like to play, so along with the new controller, and innovation in general; design; N's rep for quality titles; and price, Wii looks like a good choice imo.

Ofc the ps3 have potential as well, but so far I've yet to see something to really get excited about game wise. Oh, and the price. Ugh.
Oh I definitely try it. I'm just not as impressed as everyone else. I thought the Eyetoy was great for the PS2.

The GC had good games but not a lot of them. I've said before that I've got more out of my Xbox and PS2 than the GC. Although the GC was lower in price, it actually ended up being the worst on a cost vs. benefit basis.

If the PS3 comes out at $600, the Wii is $250, and I play 50 great games (plus hi-def standard movies) on the PS3 to the Wii's 15, then I'd say my PS3 investment was better.

If you think about it, there is an easy reason why Nintendo went to number 3 in the console wars. Thanks goodness they had the Gameboy/DS/Pokemon to keep afloat.

asmithz
05-13-2006, 08:38 PM
One thing I want to point out... It's ok, well its a great thing if the consoles steal ideas off each other. In the end we all look at what each system doesn't have and put it down for it. Sony stealing the idea, is alot bettert then not having it at all. Now if they make it there own, we'll see.

Busyman™
05-13-2006, 09:33 PM
One thing I want to point out... It's ok, well its a great thing if the consoles steal ideas off each other. In the end we all look at what each system doesn't have and put it down for it. Sony stealing the idea, is alot bettert then not having it at all. Now if they make it there own, we'll see.
:clap:

ShadowSamuraiX
06-18-2006, 03:52 AM
I really don't know if it's just me being a fanboy of Sony, but no matter what, I think Sony can out beat the Wii. I mean c'mon. We have unlimited possibilities to it. Not only does it support HD but it out puts 1080p, there's text messaging to it, voice messaging, video messaging, we have voice chat, we have WORLD WIDE ranking, we have direct internet access, we have live play for FREE, we get backwards compatibility w/ PS and PS2, we have great titles no matter what, and we get profile support and other great accessories and services. I mean, I haven't even named half of what they are giving out w/ it. It's crazy. But then again, Wii has all the hype this year with great games and a motion sensor controller and now internet connection and backwards compatibility and downloadable NES games and crap.

suprafreak6
06-18-2006, 05:04 AM
Not all of us are rich like you noobie...as for being a fanboy..i think you are...have fun at fst :lol: !!

3RA1N1AC
06-19-2006, 06:13 AM
... Sony ... I mean, I haven't even named half of what they are giving out w/ it. It's crazy.
they ain't "giving out" nothing, man. $599 MSRP (and who knows how much on ebay, if there is a shortage at launch) is a lot of money for a flippin' videogame machine. :lol:

suprafreak6
06-21-2006, 03:42 AM
yeah havn't heard from mr samurai since i posted that...interesting 2 posts...i think sony started recruiting staff to post on fst...them little....

thablewprnt
06-24-2006, 03:28 AM
I'll agree only because im n00b.

DDD123
06-24-2006, 07:02 PM
in regards to the controller. sure, it's a nice idea and all, but seriously, lol, i really don't want to be that active while playing a game.

LOL- maybe nintendo is giving America a favor!

Hells-Fury
07-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Question Wat dos Wii actually Stand for ?:S