PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a psp?

SirGray
05-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Im thinking of getting a psp, what are some good games and features? should I get it or stick with my ds?, also Im kinda turned off about how outragiously priced the memory sticks Are I want a 4 gig one but it costs more then the psp its self so id probably just get a 1 gig wich is 60 bucks!? any way whats your thoughts on this device?

silent h3ro
05-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I know the 2 gig sticks are aroud $100 right now whcih is good and the 4 gig sony stick at j&r is $220 I think. I guess it depends on what you use it for. You could put some .iso files on it and make the money up for it. For the games I heard Socom is awesome as well as GTA:LCS and Siphon Filter. There aren't that many great games out for it now but I'm sure by the end of the year they will have gt4 mobile and some other games. Ur not really gonna get many Mario games ect. on the PSP like your DS but there are some emulators for that. :) PSP is awesome for homebrew if you can manage to get a 2.0 or lower PSP.

SirGray
05-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes If I do get one and Its lower then 2.0 You'll have to teach me some of this homebrew stuff lol.

although if I did what games would I not be able to play since theyupgrade it

silent h3ro
05-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Yes If I do get one and Its lower then 2.0 You'll have to teach me some of this homebrew stuff lol.

although if I did what games would I not be able to play since theyupgrade itYou can put a program called runumd on ur PSP which enables you to play up to 2.5v firmware games on ur PSP on a 1.5, of coarse then SF wouldnt work but I know Socom is a 2.0 game....so any 2.6 UMD games you wouldn't be able to play if you got a 1.5. A great site for PSP homebrew is PSPupdates.qj.net and they have just about all the homebrew you would need for ur PSP and it's updated many times a day too. Homebrew is very easy to intall, all you need is a GAME folder and then you just put in the xxx and xxx% folders in it, then you can load all ur homebrew games from your Game menu in your PSP. Also lol when you put the folders in your GAME folder the game or app in your PSP game menu will have a working icon and a corrupted one under it and there are ways you can remove the corrupt icon by changing the file name but a much easier way is using a tool called SeiPSP. I can help you more if you actually get the PSP lol but it really is a easy process. :)

silent h3ro
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh yea and check the side label of the PSP box where the barcode is for these letters corresponding to the firmware the PSP has. Currently you can only downgrade a v 2.0 PSP.

No Letter = 1.50 (North-American release) Confirmed
A = 1.50 Confirmed
B = 1.51 Confirmed
C = 1.52 Confirmed
D = 2.00 Unconfirmed
E = 1.52 Confirmed
F = 2.00 Confirmed
G = 2.01 Confirmed
H = 2.50 Confirmed

http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/9126_psp_version_2347812.jpg

SirGray
05-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Well I called ebgames and its gonna cost $410 with a 1 gig stick, and 1 game.... thats a little expensive I thought they went down in price
psp= $229 core
game= $49.99
Memory stick 1 gig = $80

mr. nails
05-12-2006, 04:53 AM
save ur money. maybe wait for a psp2 or the new remake of the original psp. also, umd's are a dieing breed. hf.

Rip The Jacker
05-12-2006, 07:00 AM
I have a 1.5 PSP, and I love it. I have about 30 to 40 games, 1 actual UMD, the others I got online, and it didn't cost me a dime. :D

Whenever I get tired of playing PSP games, I watch movies on the amazing LCD screen, or load up my SNES emulator and play some of the classics. :)