PDA

View Full Version : Men's Magazines

abu_has_the_power
05-12-2006, 04:29 PM
I need some names. I'm not looking for the kind of mags u wank to.

it has to have good fashion tips. my wardrobe needs better clothes

i hear esquire and GQ are good...

manker
05-12-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm not looking for the kind of mags u want toWhat.

Mr JP Fugley
05-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm not looking for the kind of mags u want toWhat.
i think hes talking mastrubation.

MagicNakor
05-12-2006, 06:00 PM
GQ is probably your best bet, unless you don't mind reading magazines geared to gay men.

:shuriken:

abu_has_the_power
05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
i meant wank to, not want to

no, i prefer to steer straight

GQ? any others?

callum
05-12-2006, 11:12 PM

wanter

Mr JP Fugley
05-13-2006, 12:20 AM

wanter
:glag::earl:

abu_has_the_power
05-13-2006, 12:23 AM

wanter
:lol: :lol: no:no2: :ermm: :ph34r:

djvini
05-13-2006, 05:59 PM
DTOX? maybe a bit feminine?

abu_has_the_power
05-21-2006, 09:32 PM
i checked out GQ @ barnes, pretty good shit in there. esquire is nice too

hippychick
05-22-2006, 01:15 PM
OMG men :rolleyes: Must a women always help out :lol:
FHM
STUFF
MAXIM

MagicNakor
05-22-2006, 04:43 PM
FHM
STUFF
MAXIM

Last I saw those mags, they had very little to do with male fashion. ;)

manker
05-22-2006, 05:07 PM
FHM
STUFF
MAXIM

Last I saw those mags, they had very little to do with male fashion. ;)

:shuriken:I don't think I've ever read 'Stuff' but the other two have great big sections devoted to male fashion that non-gay readers skip thro' in order to get to the naked women and movie reviews toward the end.

Mr JP Fugley
05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I read Stuff once, it's quite good actually. It gives revews of things people can buy as a penis replacement.

CrabGirl
05-22-2006, 07:53 PM
My word. You have so little faith in your own style that you need to define your image through emulating male models in magazines?

For pity sake, just go shopping and try stuff on.

Mr JP Fugley
05-22-2006, 08:31 PM
My word. You have so little faith in your own style that you need to define your image through emulating male models in magazines?

For pity sake, just go shopping and try stuff on.
Burd.

Why would I do that, I'm married for feck sake and there's an Asda near us.

GepperRankins
05-22-2006, 08:48 PM
just wear what you're comfortable in. you'll look more of a noob if you're wearing clothes you don't like because it'll show

abu_has_the_power
05-22-2006, 09:32 PM
y is it every time a man cares about what he wears, he's considered gay? are we supposed to wear w/e shit we have in our closet? straight men can't look at what's popular and add some more clothes to a closet dying for more clothes?

ladies, do u like a poorly dressed man? if you're at a party, would u fancy the nicely dressed, hair combed and neat guy or the guy with the hobo suit? womens' first impressions of men, especially women younger than 30, revolve around clothing, hair, overall appearance, confidence, smile, etc. what we wear is pretty important.

Crabgirl, if women can build their wardrobe based almost completely on emulating female models in magazines, do they have little faith in their own style too? or is it just because all men who care about how they look and what they wear are gay?

GepperRankins
05-23-2006, 02:02 AM
:dabs:

do girls give a shit really? once you start talking to a girl, you'll be talking about your PC specs anyway, because clothes are suck

abu_has_the_power
05-23-2006, 02:36 AM

do girls give a shit really? once you start talking to a girl, you'll be talking about your PC specs anyway, because clothes are suck

:lol: :lol:

:blink:

manker
05-23-2006, 08:26 AM
y is it every time a man cares about what he wears, he's considered gay? are we supposed to wear w/e shit we have in our closet? straight men can't look at what's popular and add some more clothes to a closet dying for more clothes?

ladies, do u like a poorly dressed man? if you're at a party, would u fancy the nicely dressed, hair combed and neat guy or the guy with the hobo suit? womens' first impressions of men, especially women younger than 30, revolve around clothing, hair, overall appearance, confidence, smile, etc. what we wear is pretty important.

Crabgirl, if women can build their wardrobe based almost completely on emulating female models in magazines, do they have little faith in their own style too? or is it just because all men who care about how they look and what they wear are gay?Wow, you've missed the point by a brazillion miles.

Fashion sections in men's magazines are thirty page advert conglomerations. Clothing companies pay the magazine to print pics of models wearing their clothes - why would you take advice on what to wear from whoever pays a particular magazine the most money.

I don't think anyone really thinks that only gay men take pride in their appearance, but only an idiot would buy a shirt that he didn't like because he thought it was in fashion since it was in a magazine advert. I buy clothes fairly regularly but have never sought advice on what to buy. I look around the shops and buy what I think looks good.

Then again, I do have impeccable taste. Meh, ask one of your cool friends to go shopping with you so you don't end up buying camping gear.

Barbarossa
05-23-2006, 08:44 AM

:glag: :earl:

:blink:

:glag: again :)

Barbarossa
05-23-2006, 08:46 AM
The only magazine I ever bought on a semi-regular basis was Loaded, but it wasn't for fashion tips. :ermm:

MagicNakor
05-23-2006, 11:54 AM
I don't think I've ever read 'Stuff' but the other two have great big sections devoted to male fashion that non-gay readers skip thro' in order to get to the naked women and movie reviews toward the end.

Then I'll have to defer to you, since the most I've seen from Maxim are the first couple pages with the letters and whichever photospread the guys decided to "accidentially" leave open in the break room. ;)

I'm more of a Cosmo fan, but you knew that anyway, didn't you.

Although Vogue has some pretty artistically stunning adverts. I'm almost ashamed to admit I bought an issue entirely for a particularly clever one with a lion in it. :dabs:

manker
05-23-2006, 11:56 AM
:lol: Sure did.

hippychick
05-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Here's a link to get all three mag free for one year ;)
stuff, maxim and fhm
http://www.fhm-magazine.net/

manker
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Here's a link to get all three mag free for one year ;)
stuff, maxim and fhm
http://www.fhm-magazine.net/US only :cry:

Could you keep an eye out incase there is an offer to get FHM, Maxim and Stuff free in the UK? It would be most appreciated.

:D