PDA

View Full Version : E3 2006 - who has your vote?

mike45450
05-13-2006, 02:27 PM
So, E3 is pretty much over now and there were a lot of awesome stuff, and now we have at least some information on all the consoles about what they are capable of. So who impressed you most?

Personally i'm loving the sound of the Wii, and it has a whole bunch of really good games coming out for it. Although MGS4 and FFXIII both had really really good trailers, i'm starting to dislike Sony for the whole idea-stealing dealy.

GepperRankins
05-13-2006, 02:38 PM
it's between nintendo and PC stuff rly :dabs:

cpt_azad
05-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Where's the option for teh PC?

Sorry, but I don't buy for a second into Sony's bag of tricks, I'll wait until November to see if the hype is what its meant to be.

ziggyjuarez
05-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Sony gets my vote.
Nintendo lost it with its gay controller.
Microsoft doesnt look too updated with everything.

GepperRankins
05-13-2006, 06:14 PM
but microsoft does have grand theft auto: saints row :smilie4:

3RA1N1AC
05-13-2006, 11:46 PM
nintendo brought the most excitement at E3, but then again this doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. they will prolly still get pwned by sony and microsoft in the home console market.

for perspective: sega at E3 2000. they had a wonderful lineup of dreamcast games (jet grind radio, space channel 5, shenmue, quake 3, phantasy star, samba de amigo, virtua tennis, ecco) and a fun, colorful floor presentation (space channel 5 & jet grind radio dance shows). all the videogame magazines/websites and fans believed sega pwned hardcore at E3. with the exception of metal gear solid 2, the PS2 launch games on display were mostly pretty lame (unimaginative, predictable, riddled with nasty aliasing/jaggies). sony's new console was looking like little more than a $300 dvd player. one year later, sega abandoned the dreamcast... they pwned at E3, but they got pwned in the market.

p.s. the gears of war demo was pretty cool. shooting stuff is fun, plus you get to slice some fools up with a chainsaw and get chased by some giant spider monster. http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/3647

GepperRankins
05-13-2006, 11:57 PM
people suck.

rocoloco is the only original game i can think of that wasn't for PC or a nintendo console, and even that bares a striking resemblance to the PC game, gish.

innovation won't win the day. the wii is a face saving exercise, just incase nintendo have to bow out of the hardware arms race. like, retiring the GameBoy name just incase PSP killed the DS

GepperRankins
05-14-2006, 12:04 AM
edit:

lawl, i take that back

http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/708/708406/lemmings-20060512020922210.jpg

3RA1N1AC
05-14-2006, 12:39 AM
nintendo still manages to make a profit, despite being resigned to 3rd place. there's no reason for them to quit making consoles.

dreamcast turned a decent profit in its time and might've kept sega afloat, perhaps even in the face of sony's superior advertising, if not for the financial burden of their previously failed consoles. dreamcast couldn't replace all the money they'd lost on sega saturn and the megadrive/genesis expansions.

anyway, just sayin'. winning at E3 is one thing, winning in the market is a whole other thing.