PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Is Fake!

Darth Sushi
04-29-2003, 01:38 AM
http://bbw.netnova.co.uk/features/20020226/logobig.jpg

Sorry, I just wanted to insult my middle-aged friends.

Riddler
04-29-2003, 05:23 AM
NOOOOO !.....SAY it ain't SO ! ;)

The Great Dude
04-29-2003, 05:39 AM
We already know that, but some people still watch it for entertainment, :lol:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
04-29-2003, 06:00 AM
;) Nothing but Soap Operas for RedNecks.Just ask jetje. :P

vivitron 15
04-29-2003, 01:41 PM
no it isn't fake, how can it be??

I see it happen, therefore it cannot be fake. it must be real, otherwise i would not be able to see it :P

harrycary
04-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Man, this is so lame that I'm even responding to this post.

The fact that "Pro" wrestling is fake is so widely known it's
ridiculous. (I figured this out in the as a kid back in the seventies)

It's called "sports entertainment" and it's all scripted.

People I know who watch it call it a violent soap opera.

Well...I don't like soap operas, err...daytime dramas.

Bender
04-29-2003, 05:11 PM
No way!
Pro Wrestling is NOT FAKE! :angry:

Don't you see them fighting?
Don't you see them inflicting terrible wounds to each other?
The pain, the terrible pain - nobody can fake THAT.
Those clips in between where they challenge each other - are those fake too?
Next thing you're going to say is that the chairs they hit each other with are fake too? :angry:

PRO WRESTLING IS REAL!!! :angry: :angry:

I've seen Elvis yesterday by the way, he appears to live in Belgium now. :)

namzuf9
04-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah it's true.
It is FAKE
It is SCRIPTED (well most of the matches)
But......
It does HURT!! (well most of the time)

The thing that bugs me is that most ppl that watch wrestling know its fake but watch it because its entertaining. You never hear ppl shouting "the matrix is a shit film, it's all fake"
We like the matrix because it's entertaining to watch.
I like wrestling cos it's entertaining to watch.
Where's the difference?

clocker
04-30-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@30 April 2003 - 07:19

Where's the difference?
The main difference ,I think, is that pro wrestling is stupid.

namzuf9
04-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by clocker+30 April 2003 - 14:35--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 30 April 2003 - 14:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--namzuf9@30 April 2003 - 07:19

Where&#39;s the difference?
The main difference ,I think, is that pro wrestling is stupid. [/b][/quote]
Why?

The Great Dude
05-01-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Bender@29 April 2003 - 08:11
No way&#33;
Pro Wrestling is NOT FAKE&#33; :angry:

Don&#39;t you see them fighting?
Don&#39;t you see them inflicting terrible wounds to each other?
The pain, the terrible pain - nobody can fake THAT.
Those clips in between where they challenge each other - are those fake too?
Next thing you&#39;re going to say is that the chairs they hit each other with are fake too? :angry:

PRO WRESTLING IS REAL&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry: :angry:

I&#39;ve seen Elvis yesterday by the way, he appears to live in Belgium now. :)
I believe you Bender, everything you said was true. Even the Elvis part.

namzuf9
05-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Leave Elvis out of this; he&#39;s in my backyard wrestling right now.
Anyways...............

THE MATRIX IS FAKE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Schmiggy_JK23
05-01-2003, 10:47 PM
I get so sick of stupid shit like this...

1. Wrestling is scripted... only idiots would believe that it isnt.
2. Alot of the things they do, really do hurt... and its bullshit if you dont believe it... watch beyond the mat sometime... see what mick folley, terry funk put themselves through all through their career. Yes, some of the blows, and moves, dont hurt, but yes, most of them do...
3. Wrestlers are athletes, and entertainers... dont get me started on the they arent athletes bullshit... the stamina, and endurance, agility, and strength it takes to perform day in, and day, are more then 90% of you could handle.
4. 99% of the movies you see are fake, tv shows also... do those same people refuse to watch 24, or xfiles, or matrix, or star wars because its fake? No they dont... thats just stupid... wrestling just has to try harder to pass its self off as real... because the events are performed live, which makes it that much harder to suspened reality... unlike sitting in a movie theater... how much harder would it be if you got to watch the matrix, after sitting threw the 200 days of shooting, and still emerse yourself in it, and not think about how fake it is? pretty hard.
5. If you dont like it, dont fucking watch it... its called change the channel...

J'Pol
05-01-2003, 10:55 PM
It&#39;s actually not scripted per se.

It has a pre-determined outcome. That&#39;s a different thing.

It&#39;s more improvisation, with an agreed ending.

The really important chap is the referee, who passes messages, makes sure no-one gets hurt too much and decides when to finish things up.

Shakespeare is scripted. Mozart is scripted. The Matrix is scripted.

They are also entertaining and escapist. It&#39;s a bit of fun. Sometimes it&#39;s very similar to traditional tragedy. Sometimes it&#39;s very similar to pantomime. It&#39;s as old as entertainment.

I love it.

harrycary
05-01-2003, 11:06 PM
I gotta say that I&#39;m not denying anyones feelings on this topic(as stated above). It is all entertainment.

It is just a low-class form of entertainment in my mind.

I like entertainment that stretches my imagination but still has some plausibility about it.

I don&#39;t like my entertainment to be so "sugary" and spoon-fed to me. (my feelings are the same with music)

Wrestling is just to easy to like.

namzuf9
05-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JmiF@1 May 2003 - 22:55

It has a pre-determined outcome. That&#39;s a different thing.

I&#39;ll agree and disagree with you there.

Most matches are scripted-it depends on the abilties of the wrestler.
In my experience for a good, entertaining match it has to be scripted. Ppl expected more and more high risk matches to take place and therfore the matches have to be carefully planned (to avoid serious injury)

The unscripted matches (AKA shoot matches) happen when two expericened wresters want to put on a "real" show. The matches are&#39;nt scripted in this case but the performers have the experience to flow from move to move and know when to lose or win depending on the crowds reaction.

I consider "shoot" matches to be the realist of the fake.

I must stress that in either type of match it does hurt. The ring "mat" is simply made of plyboard covered in a thin lining of foam. Knowing how to land does help but there is no way of escaping the pain. But they still continue to do it to entertain you.
I would to if it were&#39;nt for my neck injury.

J'Pol
05-01-2003, 11:24 PM
This evening I went to see Mathew Bourne&#39;s Nutcracker.

This is his interpretation of "The Nutcracker" The ballet based on the "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King" written by E.T.A. Hoffman. With the Music of Tchaikovsky.

Tomorrow I will be watching WWE Raw.

It&#39;s entertainment - I speak of both.

namzuf9
05-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Well done that man.
Who is this Tchaikovsky geezer though.
Does he wrestle too...........? :lol:

J'Pol
05-01-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9+2 May 2003 - 00:15--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 @ 2 May 2003 - 00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@1 May 2003 - 22:55

It has a&nbsp; pre-determined outcome. That&#39;s a different thing.

I&#39;ll agree and disagree with you there.

Most matches are scripted-it depends on the abilties of the wrestler.
In my experience for a good, entertaining match it has to be scripted. Ppl expected more and more high risk matches to take place and therfore the matches have to be carefully planned (to avoid serious injury)

The unscripted matches (AKA shoot matches) happen when two expericened wresters want to put on a "real" show. The matches are&#39;nt scripted in this case but the performers have the experience to flow from move to move and know when to lose or win depending on the crowds reaction.

I consider "shoot" matches to be the realist of the fake.

I must stress that in either type of match it does hurt. The ring "mat" is simply made of plyboard covered in a thin lining of foam. Knowing how to land does help but there is no way of escaping the pain. But they still continue to do it to entertain you.
I would to if it were&#39;nt for my neck injury. [/b][/quote]
Have you watched true shoot-fighting. I know people who do it.

There are few fighters, of any discipline who can do it.

A Karate black belt would last a couple of minutes if lucky. A Boxer would have no chance.

The martial artists who can compete in shoot fighting are those who practice Ju Jitsu. Royce Gracie was one of the best. The real shoot fighters are those who are trained to hurt and win.

Ken Shamrock, who was in WWF was capable of beating most fighters in the world. If you have ever really seen him fight you will know what I mean.

J'Pol
05-01-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by namzuf9@2 May 2003 - 00:27
Well done that man.
Who is this Tchaikovsky geezer though.
Does he wrestle too...........? :lol:
Thanks. Incidentally I loved it.

namzuf9
05-01-2003, 11:48 PM
The group that I trained with can be found here (http://www.hammerlock-wrestling.com/)
Thats as real as "pro" wrestling gets.
As for true shoot (UFC, Tudo Vale etc.) I see as much as I can live (very rare over here as you know) but I have a good collection of vids and the Gracie family (real wrestlers) are the gods of the octogon&#33;
But for entertainment for the common man they just dont cut it.
Thats where "pro" wrestling stands out. As someone mentioned before its a soap opera but its one for violence fans.