PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 games cracked??!?!

Formula1
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM
I was checking on TB and there were xbox 360 games released. I read the comments and it stated that all you needed was a x360 with a samsung or toshiba dvd drive with a specific firmware. This sounds great but i dont know how long this will last.. :shifty:

edit
http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/xbox360firmwaretutorialv6.pdf

Peerzy
05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Hack has been out for about a week now, no mod chip needed but all games need to burned onto DL DVD's because the Xbox checks the second layer for a secruity feature.

4play
05-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Does anyone else see this as being something that might push sales of dual layer dvd's up and hopefully reducing their cost.

Dawkins19312
05-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Can you play the burnt games on Live?

asmithz
05-24-2006, 09:16 PM

If you want your xbox 360 serial number blocked then yes it can

colt45joe
05-24-2006, 10:35 PM

If you want your xbox 360 serial number blocked then yes it can

i dont think they've started banning hacked XBOXes.

Busyman™
05-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I was checking on TB and there were xbox 360 games released. I read the comments and it stated that all you needed was a x360 with a samsung or toshiba dvd drive with a specific firmware. This sounds great but i dont know how long this will last.. :shifty:

edit
Good, then I'm much closer to buying a 360.

Peerzy
05-24-2006, 11:02 PM

edit

I would wait a bit, right now theres no way to tell what DVD Drive you get with your XBox (unlike PSP's where you could just look at a letter on the box), so out of the 4 drives only 2 work with copied games. Thats a very expensive 50-50 chance. Also theres no homebrew stuff yet and word on the street is MS can detect the changed firmware even when you play a real game on XBL and not only ban you from XBL but automatically restore the original firmware. Not sure if it's true but i would susgest waiting a few months and see how the scene developes.

Busyman™
05-24-2006, 11:15 PM

I would wait a bit, right now theres no way to tell what DVD Drive you get with your XBox (unlike PSP's where you could just look at a letter on the box), so out of the 4 drives only 2 work with copied games. Thats a very expensive 50-50 chance. Also theres no homebrew stuff yet and word on the street is MS can detect the changed firmware even when you play a real game on XBL and not only ban you from XBL but automatically restore the original firmware. Not sure if it's true but i would susgest waiting a few months and see how the scene developes.
Thanks. That's why I said closer.

Good advice either way.

silent h3ro
05-24-2006, 11:30 PM

I would wait a bit, right now theres no way to tell what DVD Drive you get with your XBox (unlike PSP's where you could just look at a letter on the box)Yea there is but you would have to open the box up.

http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/dvd/TS-HLG.jpg

4 drives? Aren't there only 2? And they are already developing a Hitachi hack. The Hitachi was supposedly the first firmware to come out but the release group didn't wan't to release it for fear of the piracy issue but it was going to come out later neways.

Draugr
05-25-2006, 03:55 AM
I'm already debating whether or not I should "backup" some of these games even though I don't have an X360... :lol:

A year or two down the road when I get a chipped X360, I'll have a case full of "backups", but I wonder if they'd work, not because of bad burns/media, but because I'm not sure if the games are 1:1 backups, or if they are modified to only play with these firmwares. Perhaps, I should do some research.. :D

madbone12
05-26-2006, 04:24 PM
has anyone heard of a mod to copy the games to the xbox360 yet like you could with the regular xbox?

Damnatory
05-26-2006, 05:49 PM
has anyone heard of a mod to copy the games to the xbox360 yet like you could with the regular xbox?

Nope, not just yet. All the mods and hacks at this point are experimental, and we're just waiting for a working mod chip... I can't wait. Then I'll actually buy a 360.

silent h3ro
05-27-2006, 09:16 PM
I really would love to support the game companies and buy the games but I just can't afford all these games. :( If a modchip does come out I will most likely get one too. The only original Xbox game I bought was Halo 2. :rolleyes:

@ Draugr - Keep the best games on ur hdd then patch them once you know which Xbox you get later on... unless space is an issue for you.

Draugr
05-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Gam3Guy,

Do you know anything about these so called "SS Patched" versions on BT? They say you just burn with CloneCD and you're ready to go. I have a little over 1TB of hard drive space, but if these are ready to be burned, I'd rather have them on discs. But then again, Verbatim(the ONLY good DL) are $2 a peice and it would suck to waste them.

silent h3ro
05-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Gam3Guy,

Do you know anything about these so called "SS Patched" versions on BT? They say you just burn with CloneCD and you're ready to go. I have a little over 1TB of hard drive space, but if these are ready to be burned, I'd rather have them on discs. But then again, Verbatim(the ONLY good DL) are $2 a peice and it would suck to waste them.I haven't heard of the SS Patched versions but I think I know what they are. Yea, I agree, thats alot of fuckin money for a dual layer disc but if you have 1tb of space then you may as well keep the game on your computer because Xbox has two different dvd drives and they both have different firmwares on them (I know the Hitachi firmware hack is in development) so I wouldn't burn them yet because if you get a Hitachi drive it might not work. Maybe someone else can correct me on this, I don't know that much about it.

express98
05-29-2006, 11:21 AM
need for speed
you almost smell the burnt asphalt. The thrill of illicit street
racing permeates the air - out-race rivals, evade cops and exploit
hundreds of miles of open road as gamers make their way up the
Blacklist. Build up your street cred and Rap Sheet with gripping,
White knuckle, head-to-head races with the top Drivers on the
streets. Then pull daring, evasive moves to out-run and out-fox
the cops that patrol the open road.

While others may have released the UDF image of the game on the
scene, we are the first to bring you a burnable, playable, REAL
image from the disk. The other images, while smaller, are not able
to use the SS patch method that works with the xtreme firmware.
Not only that, they won't be made SS patchable because the DVD
track and layout information is already lost.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Unrar.

2. Burn .dvd file using CloneCD @ 2.4x on DVD+R DL media.

- No need to patch the ISO with an ss.bin, it's
done for you.

- Make sure that your particular DVD-R drive supports
bitsetting on the DVD+R DL media. The booktype HAS
to be set to DVD-ROM or else the Xbox 360 will not
like your burn.

3. Play. This will only work with the patched TS-H943 drive.
found this hope it might help im no expert,but it maybe help u guys who know what yr doing

Draugr
05-30-2006, 06:47 AM
This will only work with the patched TS-H943 drive.

I think I'll pass on backing up the games. No chance in hell that Microsoft will be using these drives a year or two from now. Thanks for the information!

Seedler
06-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Sweet. But it's too trouble and too risky.

kostuch
06-01-2006, 09:25 PM
i see cracked x360 games on revolutiontt