PDA

View Full Version : Xmen The Last Stand

abu_has_the_power
05-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Just saw it last nite with some friends. it was pretty fucking amazing. midnight showing was packed! like there's people everywhere! and 30 people dressed up as different xmen characters and they started dancing outside the theater. :lol:

"Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" :happy: :lol: :lol:
if you saw that Juggernaut video, you'll find this amazingly funny

ch@nce
05-26-2006, 05:34 PM
man where are you located? cause it haven't reached Jamaica as yet but hearing you say it's off the hook and seeing the ads and stuff then it's a must see :D

TimeRavine
05-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Definitely a must watch for fans and regular movie goers alike, also don't forget to watch the end credits ;)

abu_has_the_power
05-26-2006, 08:43 PM
yea, definitely. there's a scene after all the credits are done.

worldpease
05-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Guys, thanks for the 'end credits' thing...

Smith
05-27-2006, 07:12 PM
I saw it..I didnt think it was anything special..the 2 before it were way better. It was just more explosions..and less plot development.

Not bad..not great.

Monkeee
05-28-2006, 02:13 AM
I saw it but i didn't get the ending after the credits... WHat did it mean!?!?

oh and the "I"M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH" was hillarious

abu_has_the_power
05-28-2006, 07:03 AM
dude, remember when he showed the video of the guy, and he said he's perfectly healthy, but he had no "mind". so since charles is connected to everyone cuz he's so cool, after he dies, he transfers his mind to that guy. so now charles is back, sorta, and magneto can move metal. it's all grounds for an xmen 4, but i'm not sure they'll make it. way too many people died already

{I}{K}{E}
05-28-2006, 09:06 AM
just wached the extended trailer.

Don't like Beast, he looked much better in the cartoons,
if i remember correct there was no cure in the cartoon but was it some sort of zombie drug from Apocalypse :unsure:

abu please use spoiler tags.

Delorean
05-28-2006, 02:17 PM
abu please use spoiler tags.

He didn't say anything big to spoil the whole thing for others..

I saw it a few hours ago.. it was good really good!:D
But it leaves you with a bittery that all these guys died. Scott, Xavier,Jihn?, At least we saw Mystic's actuall face! But pitty i really liked that Character..
And the "I"M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH" quote was funny indeed! but it wasn't un-expected.. :D

hippychick
05-28-2006, 02:22 PM
I missed the ending credits parts can someone post what happened please

Delorean
05-28-2006, 05:32 PM
I missed that scene after the credits too.. could someone post please what was that scene?

Monkeee
05-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Wait so does that mean "THE CURE" didn't work cause magneto can still move metal? SO eventually every mutant will regain their power?

Guyver
05-28-2006, 07:26 PM
yeh what happens after the credz?

LilAznAccommodator
05-28-2006, 08:52 PM
*SPOILER*

Remmeber how Xavier was teaching his class and showed the clip with the Doctor+ some patient lying in the bed and hew as ehh 'dead' or somethign and he mentioned something about transferrring blah blah to other people.. the ending credits showed that same clip BUT the man comes to life and speaks and the Female Doctor recognized him as Xavier =X

abu_has_the_power
05-28-2006, 09:08 PM
read this whole thread, i already posted bout wat happened @ the end

ApacNTS
05-29-2006, 12:17 PM
i know a guy at work who was going to x3 and say outloud "Im the juggernaut bitch" when juggs first came on camera. i'll find out today if he did it or not and how people responded.

Monkeee
05-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Just wondering, if Magneto can easily kill Wolverine because of his adamantium skeleton, can he DESTROY Colossus in a heartbeat?

ApacNTS
05-31-2006, 05:16 AM
what a great movie, love what they did at the end, heh some people will never change. the juggernaut part was great, kept waiting for it the whole movie, and then boom, there it was. man cant wait for the dvd! oh and normal mystique was niiiice, *whistles*

Delorean
05-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Just wondering, if Magneto can easily kill Wolverine because of his adamantium skeleton, can he DESTROY Colossus in a heartbeat?

Magneto killing wolverine is a piece of cake since he can control his whole skeleton! He can easily turn Wolverines inside out!

T.r.u.m.p.y
05-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Going to see the movie tonight,
please please use the spoiler thingy if u are posting a spoiler,
i think i just read something i didn't want to know ....

ch@nce
05-31-2006, 05:28 PM
haven't seen it as yet but i'm not really in a rush to do so......:( don't kno why but i've lost interest.

michiganman
05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
it wasn't a bad movie but it seemed rushed

Jalan
06-01-2006, 08:56 AM

I'll reluctantly put this in spoiler tags even though the statute of limitations regarding spoiling old news is pretty much passed with it:

Magneto actually attempted this in the comics during the conclusion of the "Fatal Attractions" storyline. He ended up ripping the adamantium out of Wolverine and left him in a near-death state.

BUT, the key thing here is that the adamantium bonded to his skeletal structure isn't his mutant power... his healing factor, heightened senses and bone claws, however, are (though the fact that he started out with bone claws is only relevant in regard to the comics, unless they touch on it in the Wolverine film whenever that sees the light of day).

After the Magneto removed the adamantium from his body, Wolverine's healing factor went into overdrive as it tried to save his life. He ended up recovering but after the fact, he discovered that he had lost a lot of his other abilities (the heightened senses, for example).

It gets more or less convoluted to an annoying degree beyond that (like the revelation that the adamantium was poisoning Wolverine's system and keeping him from fully using his healing factor). To make an already long story even longer, the adamantium was eventually placed back within him by Apocalypse when he was part of one of the many incarnations of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen team (namely Death) during part of "The Twelve" storyline in the comics.

As a sidenote, when Magneto ripped the adamantium out of Wolverine, Professor X was insanely pissed. So much so that he ended up erasing Magneto's mind entirely and putting the poor bastard in a coma. This eventually helped lead into the "Onslaught Saga" event which crossed over into numerous Marvel comics during the summer of 1996.

--

As for the film, I liked it. There were things that didn't make sense (such as Juggernaut being depicted as a mutant when he is clearly not) from a comic book fan/geek's point of view but once you get beyond that, it was enjoyable enough. It was also worth it to see Famke Janssen decked out as Phoenix. I envy the wardrobe person who must've helped her into that red bodice.

I'm hoping for a better turnout at the box office when Superman finally returns to the big screen near the end of this month though. :happy:

ironman405
06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
it is the best movie of the x MEN series

aarkkando
06-01-2006, 08:36 PM
I think it was a good movie worth a watch in the theateres.

mr. nails
06-02-2006, 10:42 AM
lol, all of u are on crack. this movie was complete dog shit. i mean, w0w. i thought the first one was bad enough and it couldn't get any worse. the 2nd one, mind u, was pretty good. i enjoyed it, but this one was just complete and utter waste of time and should just been one of those movies that goes straight to dvd or better yet the tnt network channel...

gamer4eva
06-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Juggernaut was the best man well along with wolverine.....but even in the cartoons Juggernaut and Wolverine always dis it out.

lafur
06-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I didnt see it but this is a grate movie!

jaz84
06-03-2006, 12:43 AM
I saw it tonight, I thought it was entertaining, but it also rang hollow.

The writers built up a lot of potentially interesting situations which they never bothered to realize, or which they did realize, but, with dull resolutions. The whole Ice/Fireman conflict had one of the most anti-climactic duels I've ever seen. Oh, and where the heck was Rogue? She had, atmost, 5 minutes of on screen dialogue, which also lead to a love trianle not being a love triangle at all. This movie needed atleast 30, or 40 minutes more, or they could have dropped the more useless plot devices/subplots.

X3 suffers from what I like to call "Transformers The Movie Syndrom". Basically, it feels like an excuse to kill of old characters, and make room for the shinny new ones. I'm glad Cyclops is gone, since he has'nt been doing much since x1, but then they had to go and kill/cure characters that did'nt need to be killed/cured.

Though, the kick ass fight scenes, Kelsey Grammar, and Juggernauts ridiculously great one liner did manage to save the day. Also, I think Kitty Prydes character was pretty cool, I hope she becomes bigger role in the next installment(assuming there is one). Oh well, better luck on the next one.

Edit: Did anyone else think the opening scene was great? The one with Magneto, Prof X, and Jean.

foobar2000
06-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Great ride. Not as rich as thought out as the first two, but it did the job for me.

Kinda strange about that "after the credits" bit and this being the last of the series...

abu_has_the_power
06-04-2006, 02:09 AM
the movie definitely could've been longer, deeper. but it did what it had to do, and that's to entertain. it broke opening weekend history with $123 million

Formula1
06-04-2006, 02:13 AM
i thought the whole thing sucked. Seriously they bastardized the cartoons, with xaviers death and cyclops. . Anyway yeah, i though it blew ....... 6/10 .... Now, when do we get to see sentinels as the main bad guys?

Delorean
06-04-2006, 05:12 AM
i thought the whole thing sucked. Seriously they bastardized the cartoons, with xaviers death and cyclops. . Anyway yeah, i though it blew ....... 6/10 .... Now, when do we get to see sentinels as the main bad guys?

We don't know if Scott is really dead. They never showed us anything... In the preview movie if you recall we thought Jean was dead, but she came back stronger than ever :blink: In the last scene as they said that kid that was born with everything but a brain it starts talking and the doc recognises him as Xavier!
So if there is going to be another one.. They both may not be so dead! :)

scribblec
06-04-2006, 07:12 AM
anyone got a clip to just the scene after the credits, dam my walking out as the credits roll habbit :(

mr. nails
06-04-2006, 11:20 AM
it broke opening weekend history with $123 million
da vinci code = $244 million

abu_has_the_power
06-04-2006, 02:28 PM
it broke opening weekend history with $123 million

:huh: :no2:

http://imdb.com/chart/

da vinci code = $42.4 million

{I}{K}{E}
06-04-2006, 06:54 PM
movie was to short. why didnt they show more of Phoenix's abilities?

WHERE IS GAMBIT?!!?!!?

I hoped that there would be sentinals in this movie... (the sentinal in the training room was a nice idea :mellow: )

there will be a movie about Magneto in 2007 :frusty:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0499519/

mr. nails
06-04-2006, 10:26 PM

:huh: :no2:

http://imdb.com/chart/

da vinci code = $42.4 million
i don't have a url for u, but if u search da vinci code and 244 mil ppl still talk about it. i'll try to find a link. i read it somewhere...

ch@nce
06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
magneto cannot kill wolverine.....he can through wolverine around but he can't manipulate the adamantium in him.

ch@nce
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
I saw it tonight, I thought it was entertaining, but it also rang hollow.

The writers built up a lot of potentially interesting situations which they never bothered to realize, or which they did realize, but, with dull resolutions. The whole Ice/Fireman conflict had one of the most anti-climactic duels I've ever seen. Oh, and where the heck was Rogue? She had, atmost, 5 minutes of on screen dialogue, which also lead to a love trianle not being a love triangle at all. This movie needed atleast 30, or 40 minutes more, or they could have dropped the more useless plot devices/subplots.

X3 suffers from what I like to call "Transformers The Movie Syndrom". Basically, it feels like an excuse to kill of old characters, and make room for the shinny new ones. I'm glad Cyclops is gone, since he has'nt been doing much since x1, but then they had to go and kill/cure characters that did'nt need to be killed/cured.

Though, the kick ass fight scenes, Kelsey Grammar, and Juggernauts ridiculously great one liner did manage to save the day. Also, I think Kitty Prydes character was pretty cool, I hope she becomes bigger role in the next installment(assuming there is one). Oh well, better luck on the next one.

Edit: Did anyone else think the opening scene was great? The one with Magneto, Prof X, and Jean.

Yes i liked the opening scene with magneto, xavier and jean that was cool.

Inregrads to where Rogue was....she went and got the cure thats why she was excused from the fights and everything else. That little conflict between Iceman and Fireman wasn't all that, i thought it would have been more than just a headbut.

I didn't really like the mere fact that it was only those 5 that went to save the day.....what about all the other mutants in Xavier's school? is it that none of them as reach levl/class 3? is it that they are unable to use there powers to save the day or something. This movie left alot of open questions.

At the end you saw where the cure actually works temporarily, cause magneto was getting back is power when he moved the chess thingy.

mr. nails
06-05-2006, 09:36 AM
At the end you saw where the cure actually works temporarily, cause magneto was getting back is power when he moved the chess thingy.
he's trying to move the chess piece. i never saw him move anything...

edit: lol, took me like 5 times watching the ending. saw it move... barely.

Busyman™
06-06-2006, 04:13 AM
magneto cannot kill wolverine.....he can through wolverine around but he can't manipulate the adamantium in him.
He did it in the comic. Wolvy's healing factor saved him.

Charles ends up going nuts and fucks Magneto up. I won't say more 'cause there's a whole other saga to the Xmen.

Onslaught
Franklin Richards

I wish they'd do the Age Of Apocalypse but that could only happen after everyone is reeeeally used to the Xmen.

paul10
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
The best film

100%
06-20-2006, 08:00 PM
it rocked my boat, best of all 3.

ej595
06-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Fing bloody terrible movie. Juggernaut was NOT a mutant so the leech's powers should never have worked on him. Badly editied. Was daylight when magneto started to move the bridge, then was pitch dark when he finished !!
Failed to mention that juggernaunt a xavier where actually brothers. Really felt let down, and wished i wanted for it to appear on DVD !!!

dom6
06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
i dont think there will be any sequel

Ballira
07-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Fing bloody terrible movie. Juggernaut was NOT a mutant so the leech's powers should never have worked on him. Badly editied. Was daylight when magneto started to move the bridge, then was pitch dark when he finished !!
Failed to mention that juggernaunt a xavier where actually brothers. Really felt let down, and wished i wanted for it to appear on DVD !!!

I know. They failed a lot of things. Like Phoenix. The Phoenix was an entity entirely it's own with Jean at it's heart, not the other way around. It engulfed entire worlds!! Here it was just an alter ego. And when the 'phoenix' took over, Jean looked possessed by SATAN!!! *shakes head*

Also, anyone notice how Henry McCoy looked like refugee from Planet of the Apes? That was bad too.

Why was Logan being lead around by the nose the entire time, though? :( It was disappointing.

The beginning scene where you see Warren as a child SAWING OFF HIS WINGS was unnecessary. It only adds to a gross factor that should be left to the movie ‘Hostile’.

Last thing I'll rant about is how they gave Halle Berry the leading role for the film. I'm sorry to say it, but she sucked in Catwoman and she sucks as Storm. In her homeland, Ororo was worshiped as a goddess and, thus, held that same air. The actress seems to try to make her the 'sexy good-girl' too much. :frusty: Why did they insist on keeping her? ;_; She ruined Storm!!! *cries*

The only good scene out of the entire third movie was watching Logan walk away to the X-Jet in that nice tight leather outfit. So lickable...