PDA

View Full Version : which has more files+problem connecting....

SteveAustinTX
05-27-2006, 02:46 PM
which one has more files(especially movies), torrents or eMule/eDonkey......

I tried installing eMule & eDonkey, I can't download anything, I can search for files, but it doesn't download, after leaving it all night long, it became 0.1% if I remember correctly(last time I tried was 2 months ago, so I might be wrong here).....if there is no solution, I can use uTorrent as I have no problem with it, I just can't find old movies, & if I find any, there aren't any seeders
& if you're asking, yes I did forward the ports on my firewall

Hermiod
05-27-2006, 05:35 PM
On very few cases the trouble is with ISPs blocking ports or protocols. Try changing the default ports to some other number.

Check if you are downloading a file with a lot of sources, some scripts dont download the file if they cant see any complete sources.

Remember to look for files on index sites like fucktheinter.net and sharevirus.com

SteveAustinTX
05-27-2006, 09:08 PM
no use, & i'm sure the files I look for can have more sources, Kazaa & Morpheus don't work for me too, only BearShare & Ares, BearShare is good, but doesn't always have what you look for...
anyway, does it really have more files than using torrents, if not, I won't bother

Kirkedir
06-02-2006, 11:05 AM
no use, & i'm sure the files I look for can have more sources, Kazaa & Morpheus don't work for me too, only BearShare & Ares, BearShare is good, but doesn't always have what you look for...
anyway, does it really have more files than using torrents, if not, I won't bother

Ofcourse emule has more files tham bt.
Better to d/l when you see on bt due seeders keep seeding not for a long time. BT is better than emule with speed but you cant find everytime what are you looking for. You can find everything/anytime.

If you wanna get best performans from emule you should check following;

Open your ports from your modem tcp : 4662 and udp : 4672
Give permittion from your firewall to emule.If u use xp sp2 give permittion to emule.Try to download minumum 10 files in a time.
Try to upload as much as you can in order to get credits.
When your files completes add new ones. ;)