PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne

winXPHE
04-30-2003, 07:35 PM
does ne1 have(or had) trouble wit Max Payne on windows XP? wat did u do about it? ne patches for XP? I just love this game, but on windows XP, it starts to load, during which, it suddenly closes n the desktop appears! pls help me out. give me some useful info or links
10x to those who do ;)

adam_tomlinson
04-30-2003, 08:29 PM
there is a patch available if you search for it, it might be on the max payne website. you might need to crack the game after installing it if its pirate. you can get the crack from megagames.com under game fixes

Ynhockey
04-30-2003, 11:00 PM
It worked fine on XP for me... try and update your gfx drivers or increase your graphic acceleration, that might help. I'm pretty sure that XP supports Max Payne.

Kokanee
04-30-2003, 11:07 PM
worked fine on Xp for me too.

Bowen747x
04-30-2003, 11:48 PM
worked fine 4 me
if u downloaded the game u can NOT update it
and if u did dl it try redling it cuz u may have a corrupted file

ijc_2003
05-01-2003, 03:04 AM
yeh you can update rips , if your going to update a cracked game you have to replace it with the orginal exe from the game disk to your game directory then apply the updated patch then copy the no cd exe file back accross over the orginal exe.

i wish people would start putting in orignal exe files + with no cd in another folder this solves alot of problems when you want to update your rips with the lastest patches. Trying to find the orignal exe files
is harder than trying to find cracked 1s.

Nightwolf
05-01-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by ijc_2003@30 April 2003 - 22:04
yeh you can update rips , if your going to update a cracked game you have to replace it with the orginal exe from the game disk
Yes, but if you've downloaded the Max Payne RIP you don't have the game disc or the original .exe. This is one reason why I stopped getting rips and started only getting image files. Then before you apply a No CD crack, you should always make a copy of the original .exe and just keep it in the game directory in case you ever need to apply a patch or install an expansion pack.

Paul_NFFC
05-01-2003, 08:38 AM
worked fine on my xp home and xp pro :huh:

marine_aart
05-01-2003, 11:33 AM
I have got the legal game, and it works fine on XP, best resolution, everything high. OW I love it

adam_tomlinson
05-01-2003, 01:19 PM
you can definately update the rip, i had to do it for my mate on his computer with windows xp for the problem you're having. although i've also got win xp and had no problems. if you get the official patch install that and then find a no-cd crack at megagames.com i'm pretty sure thats how i did it.

Nightwolf
05-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by adam_tomlinson@1 May 2003 - 08:19
you can definately update the rip, i had to do it for my mate on his computer with windows xp for the problem you're having. although i've also got win xp and had no problems. if you get the official patch install that and then find a no-cd crack at megagames.com i'm pretty sure thats how i did it.
I stand corrected. I still had the rip version of Max Payne, but I never tried to patch it because most game patches require the original .exe. But because of this post I decided to try it, and it worked! Here's how I did it...

1. I got the official 1.05 retail patch from http://www.bluesnews.com/files/maxpayne/pa...1-05patch.shtml (http://www.bluesnews.com/files/maxpayne/patches/maxpayne1-05patch.shtml)

2. When I opened it, it said "Unable to find Max Payne on your system", but it gave the option to browse for it manually. I directed the installer to my rip folder and it proceeded to apply the patch!

3. When I tried to start the game it said to insert the CD, so I simply went to Megagames.com and downloaded the 1.05 No CD crack. Now it works fine again, and my old saves still work.

Of course I don't know if this will solve winXPHE's original problem (since I have 98), but it's worth a shot. Thanks again for the info, Adam! :)

Timz
05-02-2003, 02:17 AM
or u can download and burn the cloneCD file from shareactor. It works perfectly and since it is the exact copy, u dont need no-cd cracks. (IT can be burned very easily using ClonedCD) :) :blink:

winXPHE
05-12-2003, 10:54 AM
10x ppl for all the replys. i came back n couldnt find this post. n i got it now after a lot of searching. ill try everything u suggested n get back to u.
10x again for all the help :rolleyes:

winXPHE
05-14-2003, 12:52 PM
YES!!! it does WORK!!
10x to all who helpmed out wit tis. luv u ppl