PDA

View Full Version : Is EDonkey Safe to use

thenewtrader
06-05-2006, 01:13 AM
A friend of mine told me about EDonkey. I downloaded it today and connected. I was Downloading a program and noticed something was uploading. I did not ask the program to send anything. Is there a special way you must setup the program. Is it safe from spyware and viruses? I did buy the Pro version for 19.95.

Any input about this would be appreciated.

Channer
06-05-2006, 03:44 AM
I am not very familiar with edonkey however i think it shares partial file downloads (i could be wrong someone please corrent me if i am) which is why while you were downloading a program it was uploading. The edonkey network really stresses sharing so i am not sure if you can turn off partial file sharing or not. As for viruses and such if you did purchase the pro it should be adware and such free

Kirkedir
06-05-2006, 09:38 AM
A friend of mine told me about EDonkey. I downloaded it today and connected. I was Downloading a program and noticed something was uploading. I did not ask the program to send anything. Is there a special way you must setup the program. Is it safe from spyware and viruses? I did buy the Pro version for 19.95.

Any input about this would be appreciated.

You should run a spyware program to cleanup advares.
During setup operation program is asking you if you accept search engine and something. If you didnt uncheck ticks authomaticly loading some advares.

In order to use edonkey safely you should use block list or use with peerguardian.There are lots of fake servers. If you connect some of them they send you fake data.Edonkey will fix it but u loose time to finish your downloads. ;)