PDA

View Full Version : Wild-Bytes

solidius26
01-25-2006, 04:25 AM
can a fellow member of wildbytes pm me a email addy to a moderator there i cant get into my account and i dont know why. any help would be appreciated.

kbs2006abcd
01-25-2006, 06:07 AM
who PM staff member get banned ...
try to get a new account.

solidius26
01-25-2006, 01:08 PM
i would if i could get an invite

Curt99
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Speaking of this, how can you get an invite from wildbyte or an account. Everytime I try to sign up, its closed off to max users already. Been trying for sometime. Is this site worth waiting for? What is the best time to try signing up or they not taking any signups at all?

solidius26
01-26-2006, 01:32 AM
wildbytes is an excellent site, thinking back i gave some one an inivite and then i couldnt log in anymore. i hope that didnt have anything to do with it since it said i had 2 invites.

taz1968
01-27-2006, 07:27 PM
wild-bytes is a cool site just like the old dvd-core.
but i have sent out invites to this site but they still cant logon wild-bytes must have somthing wrong with there invites ???
but it is a good site if you can get on it.

solidius26
01-28-2006, 01:04 PM
thats what happened to me i sent out an invite and now me or my friend cant log in.

dragon25
02-03-2006, 02:46 AM
wildbytes is always in competition with scenetorrents ....and im a member of both lol

these are the best site out there

when signing up use a email adress from places like yahoo.

if you use such places like aol, you are likely never going to get a email as i found out.

i also got a invite whilst i was using torrentflux on a server as another member was there

dragon25
02-06-2006, 01:33 AM
- Feb-04-06 - Invite system is Disabled - (Wild)
As of today we will no longer have an invite system. It might come back in time but for now and the safty of this site we are now 100% private site. No sign ups and no more Invites.

More to come later.

Wild :)

McGran
02-18-2006, 02:42 PM
- Feb-04-06 - Invite system is Disabled - (Wild)
As of today we will no longer have an invite system. It might come back in time but for now and the safty of this site we are now 100% private site. No sign ups and no more Invites.

More to come later.

Wild :)
Hey Dragon,

Could you mail me one of the Wild-Bytes admin's email please? I had to rebuild my pc and can't login now. The recover login details screens don't appear to be working.

Thanks

wishmasta4deth
04-05-2006, 06:47 PM
:)
Hey Dragon,

Could you mail me one of the Wild-Bytes admin's email please? I had to rebuild my pc and can't login now. The recover login details screens don't appear to be working.

Thanks
anyone with story like that is bull i switched pc and os
os i did 4 times no problem getting on

dragon25
05-02-2006, 03:09 AM
hey sorry for late response...i dont get emails for replies.

YES i can give you the email for admin

[email protected]

jollyjack
05-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Its only admins that can give invites now

cc38
07-08-2006, 03:09 PM
i was a member there i wake up today to find that my account has been disable mind you i have a ratio of something like 1.800 lol i would like to know whats that all about daniel38

Jazmina
07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I hope this doesn't post twice. I just went to post this and my page disappeared. :huh:

Anyway I was wondering if any WB memebers were having problems logging in today? I know there was a pm yesterday saying any az users would be banned today, but I haven't used it for like a month. This is what I get:

You are banned from this site.
This has to do with your behavoir or your share ratio
Ask the crew if you want an explanation.
If this ban is in error please try http://www.wild-bytes.org

I have a good ratio (like 2.3 something) and I haven't done anything different. I thought maybe everybody was getting this message till they sorted the bans out. If not how do I ask the crew? I'm kind of slow at this stuff so I don't even know how to ask anything.

ghurka
07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
No Jazmina shown on WB but there is an account for Jaz...that account is shown as disabled. Doesn't say why.

Jazmina
07-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks ghurka, that's me. So how do I get a hold of them to find out why? There obviously has been some kind of mistake. Or something I don't understand. I don't know a lot about torrent clients, I had to get help from WB just so I could seed with utorrent. I had to use a different portal or something. Maybe it has something to do with it?

ghurka
07-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Have a look at this thread.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t122095-How+to+Contact+Wild-Bytes.html

Ph03n1x
07-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Propably you have been useing Azureus and you got ban

Jazmina
07-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Ph03n1x I haven't used az in a month so it can't be that. I erased my WB torrents from it also so if my hubby turned it on it shouldn't have anything to do with WB.

I did dl something from another site yesterday and that was the first time using utorrent for a download from somewhere else. I can't think of anything else I did different. I opened up az and there are no torrents at all there and I opened up utorrent and only the one I dl form the other place is seeding.

ghurka I did actually read that thread, but since I'm pretty much dumb about comp stuff I can't figure out how that irc thing works. I tried to google it but so far I have had no luck. :(

the mighty tearlezz
07-14-2006, 05:36 AM
Did you by any chance upload any exclusive torrents from WB to other sites?There was a mass pm about this issue any one doing this will be bannned.Some people using some thing called <Removed.> are getting banned really quick at WB hope that you are not experimenting wit this software.

Jazmina
07-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Nope. Pretty much all I do is dl something I like and seed for usually at least a couple months. I haven't uploaded anything anywhere since last year.

And I've never used any other software. Just the utorrent since az was banned. I have no problem keeping a good ratio. Even if I knew how to cheat I wouldn't.

I know it sounds like I'm some shady person who did something like cheating and got banned, but I swear I wouldn't even know how to. The first time I even heard of any software name is in this thread (maybe you should remove the name of it?). If I did something, it was unknowingly. I would just like to at least be told a reason. I've never been kicked out or banned from anything before in my life. After the weekend I'll find someone to tell me how to use the irc thing. Then I'll ask what happend.

ghurka
07-14-2006, 03:57 PM
There is a forum within TPG specifically for Wild Bytes.

You have to go here to register:

http://thepeergroup.net

You should get an answer from an admin if you post there.

<--LwA-->
07-14-2006, 09:22 PM
here is the reason:
http://planet.nana.co.il/lirzaa/shit.bmp

sorry i helped as i could.......
:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Jazmina
07-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Thanks so much <--LwA-->! That was very gracious of you to find out why for me (I'm a girl by the way, lol). Well I don't know why it would show I'm still using az since I haven't been since june.

I don't know how to do a screenshot like you did so I took a picture of my computer screen. http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10026389rw.jpg Clearly it shows I've been seeding these since June on utorrent. I even closed off all my old ones on azureus just in case. Like I said I don't know a lot about this stuff so maybe there was something else I was supposed to do. Oh well, what else can I do.

<--LwA-->
07-14-2006, 10:17 PM
you know what? i think you got fucked up and because you look like a cute girl......

Jazmina
07-14-2006, 10:25 PM
if they don't put my account back themselves for something I didn't even do, then I don't want to go back. I had a pretty good ratio and it was growing, so I'll have to start over anyway even if I join somewhere else.

I understand that they're trying to get away from cheaters, but there must be a better way than banning people who are good members and follow the rules.

By the way, how in the heck do you know what I look like?

<--LwA-->
07-14-2006, 10:29 PM
i dont know im guessing....... what i meant its not how you look i meant that you seems nice.....
anyway they dont enabled accounts so there is nothing i can do more.....
sorry
/\

Jazmina
07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks LwA, I appreciate you trying to help.

I guess it's really no big deal. I've just never been banned from anything in my life. I feel like it's a personal insult, but it's the internet so I'll get over it. I was going to email them and somehow proove I didn't use az, but I already joined a new site and started to get a good ratio going, so I'll leave it.

anhtran
07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
WB is paranoid, i'm telling you. I got an invite from a member on some board, and he said if I cheat, he will ban me for life and have my username posted everywhere. Errr... I didn't even know how to cheat 8-|

Anyway, I just hate them. And yea, I'm a member anyway. But what do they have that other sites dont? You should join TorrentLeech, at least it's nicer there, and there are lots of invites around.

Good luck.

dragon695
07-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Propably you have been useing Azureus and you got ban

That's crazy. Azureus is either #1 or #2 most used client out there. WTF kind of crack are they smoking? If anything, they usually require you use Az at some trackers. Geeze...

anhtran
07-19-2006, 01:52 AM
I asked them to delete my account, and they banned me haha
well, of course after I pointed out a few things I didn't like about their attitudes :-"

Jazmina
07-19-2006, 03:50 AM
Yes they do seem to be paranoid compared to most places I have been (which isn't really that many). They have such a big list of clients that are banned now. Pretty much people are going to find a way to cheat no matter what. It sucks but there isn't really any way around it.

I have never heard of TorrentLeech until recently. Do they pretty much have everything (tv, movies, music...)? I don't think I know anybody there, I'll just keep checking to see if they open up registrations.

anhtran
07-19-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't think they will, but I've seen many invites from TL, basically if you're a power user and have good ratio, you get 4 invites a day or something. I'd help you out but I'm still working my way up the wait time...

forty9er
07-19-2006, 08:57 PM
WB sucks in my eyes.

<--LwA-->
07-19-2006, 11:48 PM
WB is good but they very restrict rules........ they can ban you for nothing....... but they do this shit so the community will be clean.....

goliath2k
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
If any of you feel you were banned for unfair reasons. Send me a pm here and i'll look into it.
If you are or were a member. you know who i am.

Evochamp
07-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Were you still using Azureus? Maybe that's why you were banned !!

ghurka
07-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Seems like theres a lot of people here having problems with Wild-Bytes. Your best bet is to sign up at TPG, here's the link http://thepeergroup.net/index.php and post in the Wild-Bytes forum there.

Just to clarify, Wild-Bytes now name & shame all the cheaters there (161 and counting), and the people who have posted here are not on that list. So I wouldn't jump to conclusions too soon.

BionicMonkey
08-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi!
How does one access irc://Irc.Wild-Bytes.org/wild-bytes. Is the site just down or do I need a program like mIrc? I tried using mIRC but perhaps I did something wrong. I really need to get in contact whit an wild-bytes admin.

Thanks!

ghurka
08-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi!
How does one access irc://Irc.Wild-Bytes.org/wild-bytes. Is the site just down or do I need a program like mIrc? I tried using mIRC but perhaps I did something wrong. I really need to get in contact whit an wild-bytes admin.

Thanks!

The post before yours said if you had a problem to pm goliath2k. There's a reason for that....he's staff at Wild-Bytes.

Xsensei
08-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Just read the rules, please...:yup:

tupacker
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Can anyone please send me an invite 4 wildbytes???? PM me if you can help me...Thanks

Tupacker

firehawk.il
10-02-2006, 07:19 PM
i dont think that a site worth such trouble..
anywayz if they dont have invite system and they are closed then its donsent worth the time of waitin till it opens.

aburyach
10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow, this page has over 3,000 views...

karseet
10-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah, WB is an awesome site.

aburyach
10-03-2006, 12:38 AM
edit: wrong post, oops. sorry

Magnon_malak
10-03-2006, 12:32 PM
wild-bytes is a cool site

sear
10-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Can anyone please send me an invite 4 wildbytes???? PM me if you can help me...Thanks

Tupacker

m8 Xsensei's post should apply to you....just read the rules :noes:

acolin
12-27-2006, 09:41 PM
i have been a member of wild-bytes since 2004dl over 500gb uploaded nearly 700gb, was a poweruser and like a lot of members were proud to be part of the community,over the last 2weeks wildbytes changed their look and like a lot of yous i also seem to have lost my account,and as u know you carnt pm a moderator,i am disapointed but there is a lot of sites out there,torrentleech,torrentbytes,psp ect,ect,maybe we should not have kept all our eggs in one basket, to save our ratio?or mabe wildbytes can sort things out lol

reason
12-27-2006, 10:36 PM
i have been a member of wild-bytes since 2004dl over 500gb uploaded nearly 700gb, was a poweruser and like a lot of members were proud to be part of the community,over the last 2weeks wildbytes changed their look and like a lot of yous i also seem to have lost my account,and as u know you carnt pm a moderator,i am disapointed but there is a lot of sites out there,torrentleech,torrentbytes,psp ect,ect,maybe we should not have kept all our eggs in one basket, to save our ratio?or mabe wildbytes can sort things out lol

why did you lose your account?

acolin
12-27-2006, 10:52 PM
my own fault i think as u know we all got a message to re regestar incase we fogot our password, i had;nt fogot mine and when they changed the page friday i loged in and dl eragonxvid by fri night some how i was logged out?tryed to log in just kept going back to login page and the 6 atemps was always at 6 so i went to faq page and read delite account and re register so i delited my account to rereg and now has no data of my email address,if you want proof i can tell you the things iv dl and you will see my user name there,wonder how manymore has made the same mistake,by the way ive never been banned,thanks acolin

ssgh
12-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks

ghurka
12-29-2006, 08:52 PM
@acolin....TPG is up and running again. The WB staff regularly look in there....wouldn't hurt to pm either Goliath2k or Wild with your username. I'm sure they'd sort it out for you.

goliath2k
12-29-2006, 10:06 PM
acolin, i sent you a pm here.. from the last post you made.. i just seen this.. not sure how you were able to delete your account.. since we don't allow it.. unless it's something wild missed when he put the new code up.. get back to me with the information i asked for in that pm. i'll see what i can do for you.

safa
12-29-2006, 10:09 PM
@acolin....TPG is up and running again. The WB staff regularly look in there....wouldn't hurt to pm either Goliath2k or Wild with your username. I'm sure they'd sort it out for you.

No need to goto TPG, golliath2k is here :wave:

goliath2k
12-29-2006, 11:49 PM
yea, he is lucky i decided to stop in here. :)
got him sorted out

har786
12-30-2006, 05:39 AM
wild bytes looks great

goliath2k
12-30-2006, 06:39 AM
wb is closed to signups and invites we are closed.. ;)

NamelessMC
12-30-2006, 08:06 AM
For some reason I think of a lot of these threads as "cries for invites".

It's either someone bashing Wild-Bytes in hopes of getting an invite to SCT or TB, or it's someone defending WB in hopes of getting an invite to WB.

For the people "in the know" that can't get in, it's best to just wait out for Demonoid's weekly registration and just hope you can get a good enough ratio there that someone on the forums tosses you an invite to something more 0-day fast.

1b4dm0f0
12-30-2006, 09:54 AM
For the people "in the know" that can't get in, it's best to just wait out for Demonoid's weekly registration and just hope you can get a good enough ratio there that someone on the forums tosses you an invite to something more 0-day fast.

lol

jollyjack
01-11-2007, 08:48 PM
I was a Wildbytes member and now i cannot get in, had a ratio 1.1.33, didnt see a email, now cannot get in, if anyone can ask my account jollyjack

Dr. Lecter
01-11-2007, 09:05 PM
jollyjack - go 2 ThePeerGroup.Net.
WB has there a thread & u can ask there 4 help from the mods.

liquidrookie
01-12-2007, 01:19 AM
I was a Wildbytes member and now i cannot get in, had a ratio 1.1.33, didnt see a email, now cannot get in, if anyone can ask my account jollyjack

your account is fine, join WB irc channel and an admin can get your password reset

kavalchuk17
01-12-2007, 01:57 AM
I don't think they will, but I've seen many invites from TL, basically if you're a power user and have good ratio, you get 4 invites a day or something. I'd help you out but I'm still working my way up the wait time...

4 every week.

safa
01-12-2007, 07:30 AM
jollyjack - go 2 ThePeerGroup.Net.
WB has there a thread & u can ask there 4 help from the mods.

No need there are 2 sysops that browse here too :)

gamer4eva
01-12-2007, 10:37 PM
TL invites are worthless here regardless of getting them after weeks or months.

malamute1
01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
well i have been a member of wild-bytes for ages & its very good . they are having issues at the moment due to new servers being installed but should be back to normal

0Ri0N
01-15-2007, 06:01 PM
When WB invite system is available again? Any news?

BigCheese
01-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi all Im new here. Ive been bit-torrenting for some time though. Im a member of Wild-Bytes but recently I just get an "error" message when trying to go on their site. I know they are having issues at the moment so I guess it could just be that.

I get :[2003] dbconn: mysql_connect: Can't connect to MySQL server on '202.75.33.241' (4)

whenever I try to visit their site. Is it a problem on my end or what is going on. I have no idea what that line means.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks

Anders

gossard25
01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
same here think the site is down:(

wildbytes
01-16-2007, 01:19 PM
its a hosting problem.

Hi,

We are confirm that both servers are connected in same rack, we are going to isolate the both servers connection to another switch, this switch will not be share with other servers. We are doing this because we need to investigate the connection issue is due to hardware or software issue. So let begin with hardware, kindly allow us within 24 hours to prepare a new switch and isolate the connection with other servers then we monitor from then.

Regards,
Paul C.
Level 2 Support

Wild

wildbytes
01-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Use http://tracker.wild-bytes.org as a temp url to login.

More to come soon.

Wild

safa
01-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info Wild, couldn't connect last night.

nadeem111as
01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
thanks for that

stets619
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the update Wild.
I have a question for you. Will you be increasing the amount of users anytime soon? I was wanting to invite a friend but it's full :s

goliath2k
01-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Invites may be turned on soon. when or if they are, i would have to guess the whole community will know.

gossard25
01-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the update Wild.
I have a question for you. Will you be increasing the amount of users anytime soon? I was wanting to invite a friend but it's full :s

Yeah me too . I ma very keen to invite one of my friends so wondering if you are gonna increase the number of users.:)

walczanin
01-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Will the amount of torrent increase?
its at a quite low level now........

stets619
01-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Invites have been turned on already, for two weeks (I'm guessing once the site is properly up and running the two weeks will begin at that point). Wild has given out the invites to power-user (1), VIP's (1), and Uploaders get 2.

porscha
01-17-2007, 03:53 AM
i also can not login could someone please email me, i also thought that the site went down as i can't login. but reading here i guess i was wrong, so could someone from wildbytes please help me login tooo, i can't get the login page either, it says problem login.

thank you so much

stets619
01-17-2007, 04:01 AM
Read Wild's post a page back...he gave a "temporary" link to login.

porscha
01-17-2007, 06:55 PM
thank you so much stets619 for replying to my need of help your time is much appreciated

sabo1
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
cool, thanks, been wondering about that. i really like wild-bytes.

wildbytes
01-17-2007, 08:06 PM
everythign should be back to normal this weekend.

going off what host is telling me.

Wild

LionMan
01-18-2007, 01:46 AM
WB is good but they very restrict rules

Gary2oo5
01-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I think they'll have signups back up in the coming months, not everyone stays active and ya need ppl to dl and ul in order to keep a bt site going...can't have a site pruned down to ~ 5,000

wildbytes
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
hahaha

i am pretty sure we will never have open signups.

Wild

morphine
01-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I couldnt care less, but never say never, my friend.

RainRoofer
01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
wild, reply to my private message :)

wildbytes
01-18-2007, 08:32 PM
I dont invite people

So pming me asking for an invite or account is pointless as i just delete them.

Wild

RainRoofer
01-18-2007, 11:51 PM
You're so ubber cool leet :)
What's the point of invites if you don't use them :D

Backslash
01-18-2007, 11:59 PM
what a moron.

"i don't invite people"

yeah cuz file-SHARING is not AT ALL about actual.. you know.. SHARING

wildbytes
01-19-2007, 01:45 AM
You're so ubber cool leet :)
What's the point of invites if you don't use them :D

Only people i let in are people i know, and even then i still would never use the invite system. I would just add them.

Invites are for the members.

Wild

porkchop
01-19-2007, 01:54 AM
^^
says the person that wants to get into the his site

007™
01-19-2007, 01:56 AM
is signups still open?

RainRoofer
01-19-2007, 02:27 AM
rofl.
yes they're :lol:

phrenzy
01-19-2007, 04:08 AM
Signups are closed, and Wild is the sysop of wildbytes. So why would he use an invite, as he said "I would just add them".

Chewie
01-19-2007, 04:52 AM
what a moron.

"i don't invite people"

yeah cuz file-SHARING is not AT ALL about actual.. you know.. SHARING
Moron?
With a post like that it's very tempting to say, "pot, kettle, black."

ticcco11
01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
wild-bytes is cool site.

jrzy
01-20-2007, 05:09 AM
Wild and crew..glad to know wild-bytes will be back up soon.

erdierdi
01-20-2007, 07:30 AM
maybe wb says signup are open :)

sal5288
01-02-2009, 03:04 AM
Hello, I have been disabled from my account access. I understand the rules and dont think I have broken them, the only thing I can think of is when I installed Lime wire on my computer it automatically set it self up as my defult download program, i corrected the problem rightaway can any one help? My user name is sal5288.. Thanks for your help in advance.

kevster
02-19-2009, 04:39 PM
My user name is kevster and I am a extreme trader and for some reason I cannot access the site. I would not think that I am banned. Can someone from answer me from wild-bytes?

Thanks
Kevin

redMonster
02-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Their host is having some problems. Don't worry.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-wild-bytes-new-address-337243

porscha
02-19-2009, 06:32 PM
True enough they are having problems since a couple of days now...hope all will be fixed soon. Fret not you are not alone. :-)

moviemadness
02-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Been On wild-bytes for since forever and these last 2 days its like ive lost an arm and ive 240 days newsgroup access too jaws i miss you :cry: :cry:

kevster
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
good to hear. 2 days seems to be forever.

Thanks

goliath2k
02-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Kevster.. I remember you from my admin days at WB.. i doubt you'd be banned lol.

and like it was mentioned.. it's a host issue..Wild is going to move the server.. so it may be a few days before the site is up and going again.. give it time.. WB has been down in the past.. it will be back.. it always is..

G2K

batman105
04-29-2009, 11:34 PM
hey dragon25, i am having trouble getting onto wild-bytes site, i have been sent a new password but is still not logging in, and the counter is not counting down my login attempts

wildbytes
04-30-2009, 02:40 AM
hey dragon25, i am having trouble getting onto wild-bytes site, i have been sent a new password but is still not logging in, and the counter is not counting down my login attempts

we have changed up the site source, so you will need to delete your wild-bytes.net cookies and history and then try again.

If you get banned from to many trys then send me a pm with your username, email addy and ip so i can unban it.

Wild

maffyb7
07-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi WILD-BYTES, ive managed to block my ip address and cant retrieve my new password because ive moved house and the email address isn't active anymore. can you un ban my ip user name xxxxx .i've been looking for a email address to get in touch but could only find you on here. could you posibly email me on my hotmail account please? [email protected]. im lost without wildbytes! would appreciate your help thanks.

IdolEyes787
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Just so of know maffyb7 I edited the post because I didn't think it prudent to have that kind of info on open display here.
I've PMed the original with info intact directly to wildbytes though.:)