PDA

View Full Version : i need help converting ws dsr-loki [vtv].avi to dvd

reddrosess
07-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Please someone help i am :frusty: and really need some infomation.
(Stargate SG1 9x13 ws dsr-loki) it will not let my burning program dvdsanta encode it so i can't burn it.
I downloaded the mega codec pack but all this did was enable me to view it through real player.
I tried shrinkdvd but to no prevail.
I have googled it but dsr-loki does not seem to exist i have come across these kinds of files on limewire as well as Ares and bittorrent sites.:cry:
i have been on this search for the better of 4 days, I know that there are some pretty intellagant people on this site so i thought i would post my question
has anyone got any infomation about it or ideas
thanks
:frusty:

ghurka
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
dsr means digital satellite rip.

loki would be the group/person that released it.

What are the files extensions...avi?

reddrosess
07-14-2006, 12:07 PM
yes the file exension is avi

lynx
07-14-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm going to start by assuming this is a mpeg4 (divx, xvid etc) format file, and that you want to burn it to view it on an external dvd player.

The first question is - does your external dvd player support mpeg4 format?
If the answer is yes, you don't need to do any conversion, simply burn the file onto a data dvd.

If the answer is no, the next question is - do you plan on downloading more mpeg4 format videos?
If the answer is yes, you would probably be better off getting a player which supports mpeg4 format (about £40 UK).

If the answer is still no, or you don't want to buy a mpeg4 capable player, then you really will have to find some conversion software, but remember that avi is compressed format, so you will never get back to the original quality.
Here's a guide (http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm), but be warned that conversion can take a long time and doesn't always produce satisfactory results.

ghurka
07-14-2006, 10:05 PM
Strangely enough I'm currently converting Stargate SG1 series 9 using VSO ConvertXtoDVD. I'm limiting it to 5 episodes per disc which brings it up to about 4.35GB. I could probably get more on a disc by compressing it with DVDShrink but then the quality would suffer. Your choice really.