PDA

View Full Version : Blue-ray vs filesharing

ownage
07-16-2006, 01:58 AM
surely you have read about the new counter-filesharing-piracy-etc-measures blue ray and hddvd are bringing on www.hdboycott.com, what do you think about it?

Damnatory
07-16-2006, 05:08 AM
I think that like any other format, or anti-piracy measure taken, there will be a working crack or workaround developed within the week of it's release...

adrian2055
07-16-2006, 05:19 AM
I think that like any other format, or anti-piracy measure taken, there will be a working crack or workaround developed within the week of it's release...

I agree. They have failed every single time. I don't think this blue-ray copy protection method will work. It will be cracked soon after it's release.

muchspl3
07-16-2006, 05:59 AM
blu ray & hd-dvd are already cracked by the "print screen" key

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/top/bluray-and-hd-dvd-hacked-already-185758.php

pECi
07-16-2006, 09:42 AM
yeah but print screent doesn't capture the sound ;) anyway like every other protection it will be cracked eventually

ownage
07-16-2006, 04:27 PM
LMAO :D

muchspl3
07-17-2006, 02:18 AM
yeah but print screent doesn't capture the sound ;) anyway like every other protection it will be cracked eventually
wow really :rolleyes:

muchspl3
07-17-2006, 02:19 AM
LMAO :D
millions of r&d defeated by a key thats been long since forgotten

4play
07-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Remember that the keys to actually decrypt the data on the discs must also be included with the disc. How else will your player actually show you the content?

Its a bit like padlocking your bike with the worlds most expensive lock but you have to actually give people the key if they want to borrow it from you to use.

ownage
07-17-2006, 04:29 PM
i really don't understand how the anti piracy method works and as far as i have read i seen something about digital vs analog output, the keys, and something "changeable" by those o sell the stuff wich would take away rights from those who buy it, anyone wanna try to give a clear explanation about it?

FreeDoom
07-18-2006, 03:19 PM

So true but maybe a little ap that records the sound individually and then does the mix :whistling

Mo_Steel
08-03-2006, 05:27 AM
I say somebody much smarter than I will have it cracked in no time... Just like the 1 gig processor was supposed to be the limit. Technology will always push the limits...

mercy1
08-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Blue ray copy protecton will surely fail.

Tasslehoffer
08-06-2006, 03:45 AM
Its not a question of whether the copy protection will fail, people. Its not as big a problem for us, those who use extralegal methods to get what we want through torrents and p2p networks. Something like copy protection is impossible once its removed and put on a p2p network. It is however a huge hassle if you are the average consumer who BOUGHT a dvd and wanted to back it up but couldn't because of the copy protection. And you can't even take clips to use for educational purposes in school because it would be illegal. This is a severe restriction of the average, home-users 's freedom. Just another way of getting more money out of its consumers. This violates fair use policy, of course

Be that as it may, it is quite idiotic and will no doubt cost the entertainment industry. I have no doubt that they won't go through with such a stupid idea when they look at the economic market years from now. If they do, well, alternatives are almost certainly going to pop up. We'll see how it goes in the end. The technology of the world is still changing at a pretty pace for them to have certainty about what will happen in a few years. Who knows? We may have something altogether different by then. But, you guys should really read at least a few of the articles before you post here.

-Tasslehoffer