PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion Tweaks and Tricks of the Trade

Wolfmight
07-16-2006, 02:23 PM
The best Oblivion tweaking guide: http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html

The best Oblivion glitch/trick/exploit guide: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Glitches

What are your thoughts on Oblivion.ini tweaks?
Personally, I didn't see any difference in performance.

If you have a Gigabyte mobo, you can use the program EasyTune5 to up your CPU speed about 200-300 mhz. I normally up mine 400mhz actually. Some claim oblivion has glitches with overclocked CPUs, but I have yet to encounter one. This trick helps me gain a lot more performance in the game. Haven't had a single stability issue in the whole month I've been playing.

Anyone have anymore information on Oblivion tweaks and tricks?

I remember how DOOM3 had this one tweak that "really" improved it's performance. You'd extract the game files from their archives.

I've been wanting to do the same with Oblivion's game files from their archives, but have yet to find out how. I'm sure this'd prove to be very similar performance wise.

Vamp
07-16-2006, 11:32 PM
I think too many people have problems with the average performance, making it a reason to not enjoy the game, because it is simply not that good a game.

Seedler
07-17-2006, 09:31 PM
my friend has a 3000+ venice, and when he Oced it to 2.2ghz he had glitch problems with obi. When he ran stock speed, everything was fine.

Cheese
07-18-2006, 02:08 PM
I think too many people have problems with the average performance, making it a reason to not enjoy the game, because it is simply not that good a game.

The game is immense if you have the hardware to play it, I wouldn't bother trying to play it on anything but the latest of graphics cards though.

Mr. Mulder
07-18-2006, 06:40 PM
It looks quite nice on my X1600 Pro (256MB AGP). I've never used anything "better" though, but from the 30odd minutes I did spend with the game before my XP Barton core died due to an unrelated matter, the game did look quite stunning graphic wise, stable too :)

Seedler
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
No performance gains here, I still run the game on 1024x768 with everything on mid-high.:pinch: not good enough.

FreeDoom
07-21-2006, 04:20 PM
The game is good but only for those who have the hardware to enjoy it.
If the system is slow then you'll be bothered pretty soon (loading times...) and the 5* game everyone talks about turns into a pain in the ***

No improvements here too :(

1337shiznit
07-25-2006, 07:45 AM
The thing is, you don't need everything on max and an awesome to enjoy Oblivion - I enjoyed playing it with a R9700, 3200+.

molotovhavok
07-25-2006, 09:17 PM
I was really excited about Oblivion but It is so choppy on my bucket of a computer that I put it aside and started a new character in Morrowind.
By the time I have enough money to upgrade my machine there will be a new elder scrolls out.