PDA

View Full Version : Ares ultra download trouble

jael
07-18-2006, 11:16 PM
I just bought Ares ultra download. I waited about 25 minutes and couldn't get connected to download the specific movie I wanted. Maybe I set something up incorrectly. Here is what I have done so far and what my computer is.

-I have XP service pack 2
-I am connected by Road Runner on Time Warner cable on a wireless connection

-I watched the little tutorial video on Ares about how to download.
-made connection choices
-set up connection speed as cable
- set up a special folder to transfer movies to
-put a check in the box-My computer is behind a firewall or can't accept
incoming connections. This put a dot in Don't use proxy,
-Checked connection, got message -test passed
-made sure it said connected at top
-selected video to download, and got the arrow pointing downwards that
indicated the download process was starting.

This is where I ran into trouble. I never could get a connection to download the movie.(Even after 20 minutes) I tried selecting different movie providers for the same movie title. I even tried downloading the movie King Kong since this was the example they used in the tutorial. I didn't have any success.
Please offer any suggestions.

jael

LinkS v2.0
07-19-2006, 01:44 AM
you got scammed go get your money back

4play
07-19-2006, 09:28 AM
ares is a free program. here (http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/)

ring up and cancel the transaction on your credit card quickly or just tell them that the charge is fradulent and they will cancel it.

jael
07-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the warning. I'm new at this file sharing, so I'm learning as I go. I actually paid for a subscription to a site that helps you convert to downloaded movies into iPod files. So the Ares ultra program wasn't the only software that I was able to access at the members site. I now realize that I paid for the convenience of having resources bundled together for me to access.
Since I couldn't get the Ares ultra download to work for me, I used the alternative windows download program, MP3 Rocket. With this program I was able to start downloading movies. MP3 gave me more information, such as "need more sources" and "search for more sources". I'm in the process of downloading a movie now. I hope it works.
Thanks for the help.

jael

toxicity
07-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Never pay for File Sharing! :)

Yoga
07-20-2006, 08:03 AM
oMg

I got a offer for you:

-it's free it's legal
unlimited downloads of all
popular music and movies