PDA

View Full Version : mIRC Question

Frkshwrngldr
07-20-2006, 08:52 AM
I have used mIRC before. When I use to click on what I wanted it would copy to the clipboard. Now it will not copy to the clipboard anymore. I do not know what to type in for a request. Any help would be appreciated.

RudeYute
07-20-2006, 12:15 PM
You mean, you use Packetnews for searches, and when you used IE, it pasted the command in your clipboard, but now, in FF it doesn't?

The commands are usually (apologies if this is wrong, not used mIRC in years - it's rubbish now, lol)

/ctcp <name> xdcc send #<packet number>

Damnatory
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
RudeYute, you are correct.

And Frkshwrngldr, if you plan on doing much with IRC, I would suggest getting to know some of the basic commands, and even some of the advanced one.

Take a look at this Command Reference (http://www.ircle.com/reference/commands.shtml).

molotovhavok
07-25-2006, 09:37 PM
You mean, you use Packetnews for searches, and when you used IE, it pasted the command in your clipboard, but now, in FF it doesn't?

/ctcp <name> xdcc send #<packet number>

You might want to use msg in place of ctcp as a lot of bots refuse the ctcp command.
If you still have trouble with the command lines then just download and run a script that will do everything for you.

NiKRuLeZ
07-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Usually highlight the text and it copies

Damnatory
07-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Usually highlight the text and it copies

That's only a IE function, as stated above, it doesn't work like that in FireFox.