PDA

View Full Version : HELP cant uninstall kazaa

Lauren10
08-13-2006, 04:11 PM
When i try to uninstall using add/remove programs a message pops up saying that it cannot delete because another program is using the program and i dont know what program that would be.So i tried deleting the folder itself and another message popped up saying it cannot delete giftd.log it is being used by another person or program close any program that might be using this file.I have run adware and spyware stuff as well and nothing changes..help please

dml
08-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Try uninstalling it in safe mode.

gamer4eva
08-17-2006, 05:18 PM
A friend of mine had kazaa and tried to uninstall it but when he did he restarted his computer and windows was gone.....but now the question is did he uninstall windows or kazaa!!!!!

dml
08-17-2006, 06:52 PM
@gamer4eva

That has got to suck, I doubt Kazaa in itself would do that, more probably the millions of viruses downloaded with it. Normally if I have a program thats annoying me and I can't uninstall the normal way, I delete all the folders related to it with "o&o safe erase" and then clean the registry with "registry mechanic" and make sure there is no process trying to run at startup through msconfig.

gamer4eva
08-17-2006, 11:05 PM
@gamer4eva

That has got to suck, I doubt Kazaa in itself would do that, more probably the millions of viruses downloaded with it. Normally if I have a program thats annoying me and I can't uninstall the normal way, I delete all the folders related to it with "o&o safe erase" and then clean the registry with "registry mechanic" and make sure there is no process trying to run at startup through msconfig.

I kind of figured it was probably the viruses and not the fact that he tried to remove kazaa. I would still stay away from it. As long as i can remember kazaa has been a nest for viruses and spyware. Most of my friends were like if you ever get the net dont get kazaa and i haven't laid a finger on kazaa yet.:D

Chewie
08-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Why do so many people blame viruses on the p2p programs they download them with?
:noes:

scrambler
08-18-2006, 11:10 PM
get wintasks or something to see what processes are running and by what.

gamer4eva
08-25-2006, 09:04 PM
get wintasks or something to see what processes are running and by what.

Thats what i do at the startup of my PC so then programs that i dont need and utilise CPU are then removed.:lol:

Neva
08-26-2006, 11:27 AM
Ctrl + alt + delete then use task manager to close all unnecerrity prosess then try uninstalling it if this not working then boot your computer to safe mode (press f8 to get that boot options), then uninstall it. Atleats this is my way to remove programs that dont want to be removed...

limesqueezer
08-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Do they still have the site running with original kazaa, i know the first kazaa client had build-in spyware and they didn't even hide it lol. I had troubles with it long time ago but i did close the spyware programs and than uninstall kazaa. Later i deleted all. U can try to use kazaabegone, if i remember well its made for what u want, u can find it everywhere, download & run it and u have no problem no more.