PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 - how would i go about buying one?

tralalala
08-22-2006, 06:02 PM
just wanted to know if it really is worth the money, if there is an option to play burned games - and how do you burn XBOX 360 games you download through BT sites?, and also, if i would but the core version or any other type.. whats best?

thanks..

suprafreak6
08-23-2006, 01:36 AM
if you are going to get one, dont get a core

cpt_azad
08-23-2006, 08:48 AM
At this point you can't play burned games, you can burn them, but they'll be useless since you'd need a modchip or a softmod for the 360, there is one floating online but I have no idea how to get it (as far as I know its not been released to the public by the hackers that invented it).

If you're going to buy a 360, get the premium stay away from the core pack.

Also, if you do not have a HD TV (preferabbly a flat screen LCD) then don't bother buying a 360 (or PS3) because it'll just be a waste of money.

Hope that helped.

As for going about buying one, you live in Israel and I don't know if they sell them there (they should, right?) ordering online would be the only way if that first option isn't available to you.

Edit: As for "is it worth buying", at this point in time my answer (opinion) would be no. Wait a while, let the good games come out, if you're a shooter/action fan, then I suppose you can buy it now and get Gears of War which comes out in November, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent is not too far away (now that I can't wait for :D) and also Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter is def. worth picking up if you're into that. The only reason I bought a 360 were for Halo3, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six: Las Vegas and the next Brothers in arms to be honest, but since I'm a huge flight-sim/flying fan Over-G Fighters was an added incentive. There are many more games I look forward to, but the ones I listed were the main reason I bought it in the first place.

The only reason I said its not worth buying is because at this point in time, there just aren't that many great games out for it, all the good games are still in development.

T0TAL-RECALL
08-23-2006, 09:24 AM
You want to get hold of this... Xbox 360 Tools Kit v1308 (2006)

That has all the tools and firmware hacks for the different DVD drives the 360 has which enables you to play backup 1:1 copies. You can only play same region as your 360 so if you download ISO of 360 game it would have to be PAL if you have a PAL 360 etc etc.

Probabley still worth waiting until mid next year because I expect we will see a modchip by then and prices may come down a bit because of PS3.

tralalala
08-23-2006, 09:56 AM
so in general, you guys think its best to wait till prices come way down cos of PS3 coming out..? sounds cool with me..

plus, the main games i was going to play are NFL, NBA, possibly NFS (if they had it for 360), and probably halo3 nd tekken 5.... :)

thanks for the advice

cpt_azad
08-24-2006, 04:22 AM
so in general, you guys think its best to wait till prices come way down cos of PS3 coming out..? sounds cool with me..

plus, the main games i was going to play are NFL, NBA, possibly NFS (if they had it for 360), and probably halo3 nd tekken 5.... :)

thanks for the advice

Ya man, just wait for the price drop and by then modchips will be out as well so you can buy yourself a pre-modded 360 instead of going to the trouble of modding it yourself. NFS: Carbon doesn't come out for a while anyway so you won't be missing out much, but I heard Madden 07 is pretty sweet on the 360 :O

frazer
08-24-2006, 07:44 AM
what a core one then