PDA

View Full Version : Tony Jaa - The Protector [2006]

mr. nails
08-23-2006, 07:25 AM
AKA: Tom Yum Goong, which came out in 2005, for those who have already seen this one. it was alright i guess. not better than ong-bak, but is still worth the watch. i honestly don't see tj going very far in the movie business. he'll end up like the american ninja movies... mark my word. lol, i'll keep watching his movies i'm sure, but w0w, he plays his style out a bit when fighting. every move is the same. elbo, flying knee. meh, u'll c and get bored. maybe i'm wrong? anywho, the story is quite retarded, but the fight scenes are what u wanna watch anyway, right?

Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/theprotector/trailer1r)

maebach
08-24-2006, 02:05 AM
I saw the commercial on tv, if its like ong-bak I gotta see it

Monkeee
08-25-2006, 08:53 AM
lol seen this movie longgggggggggg time ago, pretty sure you guys can find it somewhere in the bittorent network :D

KazaaBoy
08-25-2006, 10:04 AM
They just changed the name because people can't pronounce it. haha!!

Necrophag
08-25-2006, 04:13 PM
I saw the movie and being a big fan of the first this one i have to amit was abit poor. Mostly with the overall music sound when there was a fight scene. The BMX, Skateboarders fight scene was abit to long. The last scene i laughed abit when he had the bones on his arms :P

ShogunX
09-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Watched both Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong and thought they were both brilliant movies. The plot could have been better in both movies but who cares when you see the fighting scenes. Can't wait for Sword and Ong Bak 2 to be released.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I wish those movies were Americanized with the original action.

I had a hard time trying to get to the action in Ong-Bak.

Imagine Ong-Bak with good film quality and a story.

mr. nails
09-02-2006, 09:13 PM

what does that mean?

Busyman™
09-03-2006, 06:17 PM

what does that mean?

Besides the action scenes in Ong-Bak, I hated the movie.

kcmt2000
09-05-2006, 04:40 PM
I have never watched those 2 movies you guys mentioned but I did hear very good comments about the fighting scenes the movies have but not the plots.

Necrophag
09-06-2006, 12:04 AM

I had a hard time trying to get to the action in Ong-Bak.

Imagine Ong-Bak with good film quality and a story.

If it was "Americanized" it probably become a PG-13 movie for children:frusty:

oo3
09-09-2006, 05:18 AM
This movie had the stupidest plot ever...but it's worth a watch because of the fight scenes...my favorite scene is when he was fighting his way up some flights of stairs in the restaurant...it was like a 10 minute fight scene that was done in one take...

nizrulesall
09-09-2006, 05:26 AM
I want to see this one just because of the fights....
I always fastforward to all the fights in Ong Bak still havent watched the whole thing (but i hate subtitles)

from the previews of protector it looks like the same fight moves from ong bak lol, but ill still go see it

oo3
09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I want to see this one just because of the fights....
I always fastforward to all the fights in Ong Bak still havent watched the whole thing (but i hate subtitles)

from the previews of protector it looks like the same fight moves from ong bak lol, but ill still go see it

I have to watch asian movies with subtitles...I HATE dubbed versions...they always sound so corny.

sleepy82
09-13-2006, 07:12 PM
anybody watching this movie for the plot will be dissapointed. Go watch it for the action