PDA

View Full Version : Rogers Cap?

madman1611
08-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Is it possible to view how much you've downloaded so far in a month? I read on some sites that Rogers is now enforcing a 60 GB monthly restriction. What happens if you exceed the limit? Please, reply.

gamer4eva
08-24-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm guessing if you exceed the monthly limit they first warn you then start charging you per gb after that. Well thats how it worked on my friends ISP.

Vargas
08-25-2006, 04:35 AM
DUMeter is nice, you can even set alarms when you get to a set amount

or you might look for a freeware program instead (wink wink)

peat moss
08-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Your ISP will have a link to show you how much you 'v D/L in a month . I know Shaw and Delta cable do . Mabye you have to upgrade to a better plan ?

On your Rogers home page look for "Your Modem Usage." . Does n't matter if you use anouther program because they charge you by their standard .

Vargas
08-25-2006, 06:48 AM
they charge you by their standard .

true that :yup:

Barbarossa
08-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Your ISP will have a link to show you how much you 'v D/L in a month . I know Shaw and Delta cable do.

Not all ISP's do that tho'

accat13
08-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Well from one Rogers customer (wheres my "extreme" speed upgrade) to another here you go (my sympathies)
https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/signin.asp?shopperID=QKABP89F7M0V8PPTWHNTETNGXF8E97K6
You have to register to get the information you require....By the way the internet usage monitor is down right now :)....I hear if you go over to much they throttle your account down to light speeds eewwwww... till the end of the useage month...I'm on the extreme speed package 6 meg 100 gig restiction...Barely worth the cost difference between hispeed and extreme now.You get 5meg and 60 gig....hispeed used to be 3meg service..I WANT MY 3 meg INCREASE....:frusty:....On a side note I hear rogers will offer 18 meg service soon(100$ a month) 100 gig cap...Not worth it TED BLOWS :angry:

gamer4eva
08-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Well from one Rogers customer (wheres my "extreme" speed upgrade) to another here you go (my sympathies)
https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/signin.asp?shopperID=QKABP89F7M0V8PPTWHNTETNGXF8E97K6
You have to register to get the information you require....By the way the internet usage monitor is down right now :)....I hear if you go over to much they throttle your account down to light speeds eewwwww... till the end of the useage month...I'm on the extreme speed package 6 meg 100 gig restiction...Barely worth the cost difference between hispeed and extreme now.You get 5meg and 60 gig....hispeed used to be 3meg service..I WANT MY 3 meg INCREASE....:frusty:....On a side note I hear rogers will offer 18 meg service soon(100$ a month) 100 gig cap...Not worth it TED BLOWS :angry:

$100 is a dirty price.....a bit too expensive. In the U.K you can get 10mbit uncapped for £35 which is like better if you think about it. Works out to be $80.

accat13
08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Yes its strange what a little competition will do...There is not much choice when it comes to a cable connection in Canada....:(