PDA

View Full Version : Bad picture on .TS in VLC. Ideas?

MultiForce
08-24-2006, 09:24 PM
http://www.sharetown.org/hdtv.JPG

This is what it looks like when I play TS files in VLC. Every time there is movement these lines or whatever comes.

Any ideas what settings that can be changed to fix this? The movie looks great otherwise.

Another queston is: Possible to join the files or make the player automatically ontinue on the next one?

mr. nails
08-24-2006, 10:23 PM
i'm going with 3 things that could be ur prob.

1. it's a TS. they are not meant to be GREAT quality.
2. upgrade to the latest vlc.
3. upgrade ur cpu.

MultiForce
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
1: It is great quality when stoping and when there is not much happeing on the screen. It's from the HDTV section.

2: Already done.

3: Got a 3 GHZ thingie and VLC only use around 10% when playing.
It's on a Raptor disk, 4 GB RAM and a 7950 GX2 card.

It's the same thing when trying it on my other computer.

The files that I'm trying is from this:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t126558-The+Incredibles+OAR+HSTV+1080i.html

Same issue on all the others I have downloaded too.

Any other good player to use?

mr. nails
08-24-2006, 11:13 PM
well, i'm just guessing that whomever encoded this file did a shitty job of it. find a different version. as for the players i use media player classic as my default player and use windows media player for music and vlc for all my bin & cue files. those work for me without any probs or resource loss.

MultiForce
08-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Don't think it has anything to do with the encoding as 4 different movies has the same issue. But I'm gonna try media player classic.

MultiForce
08-25-2006, 01:20 AM
Cool! Got it fixed. Hardware decoding with the video card worked. Used Nero showtime that supports it and now the movie is perfect :D

HCT
08-25-2006, 05:16 AM
looks like the movie its interlace.

play the movie again in VLC but this time go to video>deinterlace>blend and that should do the trick

Guyver
08-25-2006, 05:33 AM

play the movie again in VLC but this time go to video>deinterlace>blend and that should do the trick

i think if u rename it to .hdmov u might get better playback..

MultiForce
08-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Blend worked! Thanks. Makes life alot easier hehe.

The ".hdmov" renaming thing did not work.

Guyver
08-25-2006, 11:02 PM
was worth a try lol
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5290/untitledtc3.jpg

MultiForce
08-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Hehe thanks for the info anyway.

At least I learned something from it. Even tested my laptops vdeo card (X1600) and it also ran the files great with HW decoding, and with the blend thing. Never even heard of this before, but this is why I have my computer(s), to test out whatever I come over :D

Guyver
08-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Hehe thanks for the info anyway.

At least I learned something from it. Even tested my laptops vdeo card (X1600) and it also ran the files great with HW decoding, and with the blend thing. Never even heard of this before, but this is why I have my computer(s), to test out whatever I come over :D

I have a x1600pro in my machine, HD movies play good. Sometimes a little studda because of my cpu 2.4ghz