PDA

View Full Version : NEW CSS Radar System!

mr. nails
08-26-2006, 04:50 AM
so, yesterday steam released a patch for css and it updated the map train with hdr and bug fixes. as i never really played that map i could care less, but what i was really waiting for (even back in my 1.6 dayz) was an update to the compass. well, the wait is over! the new compass is fucking sweet. it actually works this time. well, so far. hope it stays like that and maybe more updates to it in the future. i don't have anything to complain about it as of now so it's good. old compass would sometimes not even show your team mates. got some tk's cuz of that. this one shows EVERYTHING! lol, even where the bombsites are for the no0bs. anyway, if u play css and haven't checked out this new radar system u need to. it's GREAT!

S!X
08-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah it's pretty sweet, alot better then the old crappy radar system.

Hellmonkeys
08-29-2006, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I agree, they needed this awhile ago...

09-06-2006, 11:54 AM
I really like it and its easier to use. I don't know why the other people hate it. Its user friendly. CS community don't like change though. Some people even would like 1.3 brought back lol. I hope they are working on CS2 with working vehicles. I think alot of the community make thier frags off newbies and because the new map help balance things out, the so caled Pro community gets upset. I hope they keep something like this in tf2. I was hoping they would fix the aiming though and make it more realistic. hitting people in the arms and legs should cause more damage because those parts are not protected while the tactical gear should provide better protection to the vest and helmet area. the should make the aiming or the accuracy of the sniper rifle while keeping the damage so that it could be a more balanced weapon but in its current form, if your not using an awp, your now owning.

mike45450
09-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Vehicles? This isn't battlefield...plus the maps are way too small for vehicles.

colt45joe
09-07-2006, 12:11 AM
radar doesnt work for me :(

ethanmorg
09-07-2006, 12:12 AM
me either

mr. nails
09-07-2006, 01:30 AM
radar doesnt work for me :(

huh? what doesn't work? do u even see a radar? do u know where to look? it's not enabled according to ur vid crd so i know that's not the prob.

colt45joe
09-08-2006, 02:54 AM
i see no radar, just an empty box where the rader should be.

when i die, the radar starts working, but its useless when im dead.

FreeDoom
09-08-2006, 02:57 AM
Someone knows the shortcut or how to disable it in the console?

Dark Steno
09-08-2006, 03:17 AM
I really like it and its easier to use. I don't know why the other people hate it. Its user friendly. CS community don't like change though. Some people even would like 1.3 brought back lol. I hope they are working on CS2 with working vehicles. I think alot of the community make thier frags off newbies and because the new map help balance things out, the so caled Pro community gets upset. I hope they keep something like this in tf2. I was hoping they would fix the aiming though and make it more realistic. hitting people in the arms and legs should cause more damage because those parts are not protected while the tactical gear should provide better protection to the vest and helmet area. the should make the aiming or the accuracy of the sniper rifle while keeping the damage so that it could be a more balanced weapon but in its current form, if your not using an awp, your now owning.
I prefer to have the weapon drops as the hands were hit or maybe disabled/moves slow when the legs were hit.

nizrulesall
09-08-2006, 06:16 PM
The new radar is bad imo, its there to help new players out.... ive been used to the old radar for like 6 yrs

and the new one is too big and flashy it gets distracting.. any ways a tip for new players is to use good headphones and listen for footsteps ull know where everyone is on the map just by listening

xbawksz
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
the headphones were my radar..

Suphix
09-14-2006, 06:13 PM
i love the radar. i find it well helpfull..

im quite new to CS:S do people use the mic/speaker system built into CS:S to communicate... or use another prog like xFire or Teamspeak? i'd really like to know because thats my only complaint about this game (maybe im too used to playing on XBL :S)

mr. nails
09-15-2006, 04:58 AM
i love the radar. i find it well helpfull..

im quite new to CS:S do people use the mic/speaker system built into CS:S to communicate... or use another prog like xFire or Teamspeak? i'd really like to know because thats my only complaint about this game (maybe im too used to playing on XBL :S)

what's ur complaint?

as for communication i use teamspeak for i don't want to listen to u childish kids bitching and moaning while i play.