PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me..

Smith
08-28-2006, 12:20 AM
..or is Family Guy starting to become like The Simpsons? I cant point my finger on it..but they are starting to seem similar.

:frusty:

Guyver
08-28-2006, 12:49 AM
its you.

Smith
08-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Alright. you douchebag

Skiz
08-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Yep. It's you. Family Guy is still quite funny, but The Simpsons hasn't even been worth watching in years. They're awful now.

Cheese
08-28-2006, 06:42 AM
They're both tired, boring and formulatic. But to be honest Family Guy has always been a rip of the Simpsons (just with references to 80's put in where the jokes should be).

Puntz0r
08-28-2006, 07:28 AM
The Simpsons has sucked for a while. Family Guy is still great!

JordoR
08-29-2006, 05:40 AM
I thought it was bad when the Simpsons totally ripped off the idea of the character Death from Family Guy. I was shocked when I saw that episode of the Simpsons because it was so similar to the episode in FG. There was also another case of The Simpsons stealing stuff from FG that I cant quite remember at the moment.

However, recently I have noticed this in Family Guy. Since I've seen every episode on The Simpsons many times, and as FG airs I've always seen every episode of it as well. I have noticed that Family Guy is stealing stuff from The Simpsons as well. Although it's hard to point fingers because it's impossible to determine where the chain of stealing ideas starts. It's kind of like pointing fingers at all car manufacturers because they stole the idea of the wheel from Prehistoric times.

GepperRankins
08-29-2006, 06:45 AM
i'd say the simpsons is trying to be family guy now. with irrelevent risque jokes and lack of plot lines

EvanUnisil
08-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Yeah but look at the years of humour The Simpsons put up. Can Family Guy match that?

SingaBoiy
08-31-2006, 03:00 AM
However, recently I have noticed this in Family Guy. Since I've seen every episode on The Simpsons many times, and as FG airs I've always seen every episode of it as well. I have noticed that Family Guy is stealing stuff from The Simpsons as well. Although it's hard to point fingers because it's impossible to determine where the chain of stealing ideas starts. It's kind of like pointing fingers at all car manufacturers because they stole the idea of the wheel from Prehistoric times.

There basically arent any new things that can be done. Everyone now adays is riping something from a tv series that has already aired.

Watch this (http://www.tv.com/south-park/simpsons-already-did-it/episode/170460/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;7) episode of South Park if you dont believe me :P

NeoTheOne
08-31-2006, 04:41 PM
its not you , i can see it to . All the episodes are in some way a copy of simposons. Like the one with Death and stuf in simpsons, there was a simmalar scenerio in family guy, also there was another one i cannot rember but family guy copied the same story line.

Busyman™
09-01-2006, 02:00 AM
..or is Family Guy starting to become like The Simpsons? I cant point my finger on it..but they are starting to seem similar.

:frusty:

Family Guy is nothing like the Simpsons besides it being a cartoon....and a complete family.

Family Guy hasn't started to go downhill either. It's as good as it always was.

I stopped watching the Simpsons years ago....shortly after The Tracy Ullman Show.:ermm: