PDA

View Full Version : Why switching from P2P programs to bittorrent is a smart move!!

Gish
08-30-2006, 09:38 PM
This is the thing!!
most P2P apps are old and run down. even if they arn't run down they are filled with that four letter word that we all hate to say(so I won't say it) also filled with spyware and viruses
most of us that are not 13 to 19 years old remember napster in it's prime!
it was new and it was FREE!!!
But now there is Bittorrent! A way of sharing bigger and better files safer with out AS MUCH fear of that four letter word agian( torrent of course has its share of bad things). I'm still not sure why people still like kazaa, edonky and limewire. infact last time I was on there(which was not to long ago) I tryed to dowload a song that had been out a while. But every copy I got had spyware or was a sample, shit copy (and yes I have tryed all the P2P software)
I'm just puzzuled as to why people use such things as limewire,kazza,emule or morfeus. is it that bittorrent is to complicated?? I'm not trying kick down the P2P community because they were the ones that started it all and why were here today!
Today there is a faster and safer way of getting things, so why not use it?

I give up just let me know what you have to say!!
if you think I'm full of shit just tell me why:)

4play
08-30-2006, 09:43 PM
limewire and emule are pretty good apps for older things. bittorrent and newsgroups tends to be for the latest and greatest.

all of them have there place in the p2p landscape(except kazaa that just plain sucks monkey balls).

Gish
08-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Every serial number I have gotten on P2P apps are expierd!
people a afraid to share new things on these networks, thats what I would asume!!

UsenetGuy
08-30-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm 13 and I remember napster in it's prime. It was the first time I ever heard of P2P. I didnt use it much because we were on dialup (and I was too young to figure out how to use it) :D

galliano
08-31-2006, 02:36 PM
I agree that in terms of adwares bundles.... P2P programs have more than Bittorrent....

But P2P progrms can help you find old stuffz whereas Bittorrent helps you find new stuffz...

oo3
09-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Ah yes...napster was the best...limewire uses up too much memory...it lags my computer when i use it.

I agree, p2p has way too much spyware and viruses.

Broken
09-01-2006, 04:46 AM
Don't pull a musle patting yourself on the back.

BT is the most unsecure form of file sharing. The IP's of an entire swarm can be logged in just a few minutes and then the letters go out.

Skiz
09-01-2006, 04:49 AM
This is the thing!!
most P2P apps are old and run down. even if they arn't run down they are filled with that four letter word that we all hate to say(so I won't say it) also filled with spyware and viruses
But now there is Bittorrent! A way of sharing bigger and better files safer with out AS MUCH fear of that four letter word agian( torrent of course has its share of bad things). I'm still not sure why people still like kazaa, edonky and limewire. infact last time I was on there(which was not to long ago) I tryed to dowload a song that had been out a while. But every copy I got had spyware or was a sample, shit copy (and yes I have tryed all the P2P software)
I'm just puzzuled as to why people use such things as limewire,kazza,emule or morfeus. is it that bittorrent is to complicated?? I'm not trying kick down the P2P community because they were the ones that started it all and why were here today!

Welcome to 2004 2005 2006. ;)

Gish
09-02-2006, 12:01 AM
This is the thing!!

no shit??????????????????????

Gish
09-02-2006, 12:05 AM
if you disable your DHT Setting on your BT clint. your IP will be not seen and there for not logged. thats why when you join a private site they tell you to disable it. your IP will only be seen by those DL from the private site and there for hopfully the letters will not be sent out:)

FreeDoom
09-02-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm still not sure why people still like kazaa, edonky and limewire.

One of the reasons people use emule is because of the forums and the great community's that are estabilished there.

Gish
09-02-2006, 03:02 AM
good point:)

superazo
09-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Emule has some rare movies and music etc. that no torrent tracker has. But Kazaa, Imesh etc. suck ass!

joeybuttawipo
09-15-2006, 11:26 PM
So I guess we can all agree that the P2Ps still have use because of the the fact that you can find older material with them and that they possess large communities. Torrents have less malware and protects you better from Big Brother. I can't say much for the download speed of torrents, Limewire's speed on my pc still hasn't been matched by any other.

Agrajag
09-16-2006, 08:29 AM
To each their own.

So shut it, Nazis.

mediamaxz.com
09-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Only thing about Bittorrent is that it's slow when download.. I use bearshare pro.. It's fast and easy to search... just my 2 cent

j0hn
09-21-2006, 01:09 AM
bittorrent is p2p, the way this thread is set out tries to imply its not.

people a afraid to share new things on these networks, thats what I would asume!!
most stuff on emule/limewire trickles down from newsgroups/torrents. they are often the exact same releases.

indeed. ive been using torrents for years now. i used suprnova in its early days.

if you disable your DHT Setting on your BT clint. your IP will be not seen and there for not logged. thats why when you join a private site they tell you to disable it. your IP will only be seen by those DL from the private site and there for hopfully the letters will not be sent out:)
thats 100% wrong. as soon as u connect to the tracker it gives u the i.p of every single peer connected. dht is not related to the tracker at all. infact is requires more effort to find the i.p of users connected only through dht.

Broken
09-23-2006, 01:16 AM
bittorrent is p2p, the way this thread is set out tries to imply its not.

most stuff on emule/limewire trickles down from newsgroups/torrents. they are often the exact same releases.

indeed. ive been using torrents for years now. i used suprnova in its early days.

thats 100% wrong. as soon as u connect to the tracker it gives u the i.p of every single peer connected. dht is not related to the tracker at all. infact is requires more effort to find the i.p of users connected only through dht.

Amen

pilfer
09-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Bitorrent is pretty efficient, but their lack of sexy advertising (www.napstergirl.com) takes them down a peg in my book

tesco
09-23-2006, 10:01 PM
people a afraid to share new things on these networks, thats what I would asume!!It's not that they're afraid but that they just don't want to.
Those networks are all full of shit and slow, old ,etc.
Bittorrent and newsgroups are better methods of sharing files so they're used more, and it's quicker for things to be shared.

oddcrap
09-24-2006, 02:31 AM
It's possible to use DHT?

Broken
09-24-2006, 03:28 AM
It's possible to use DHT?

I am guessing that you have no idea what DHT is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_tables

digmen1
09-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Gish,

You obviously did not use Ares, I have never had any malware or four lettered files in the last 2 years on it.

I am not saying p2ps are the way to go, just that I have not got round to using BTorrents yet.

Anyway, I get lots of nice jpeg pics from Limewire and music videos from Ares. Can I do that on torrents ? I dont know.

regards

Digby