PDA

View Full Version : Ftp Help Needed

mychael1155
09-09-2006, 02:14 AM
My friend & myself are trying to directly connect to share files using FTP software.....For some reason we can never connect.....Is there anyone here willing to walk me through step by step? Do you mind if I connect to your ip address?

Thx
Mychael

dlpswds
09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
what ftp server and client are you using. have you opened/forwarded the correct ports. otherwise you really need more info

drkmarine
09-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Don't forget, you just might be behind a firewall.

dodgy368
09-30-2006, 04:43 PM
My friend & myself are trying to directly connect to share files using FTP software.....For some reason we can never connect.....Is there anyone here willing to walk me through step by step? Do you mind if I connect to your ip address?

Thx
Mychael

As dlpswds said, plus what firewall/s are both of you using?

ps, we do mind you connecting to our ip's seeing as it's only your first post.:P

Virtualbody1234
09-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Why don't you tell us what you're trying to accomplish?

If you are just trying to send a file to a friend then why not use messenger or something like Skype [Send File] function?

photikori
10-02-2006, 03:44 AM
well first you gotta set up the right port in your routher and your ftp server. second you have to enter in the passive IP in your ftp server also. www.whatismyip.com will tell you what it is. then maybe disable firewall/dmzhost if it still doesnt work. hope that helps? hope you know the basics of setting up an ftp server.