PDA

View Full Version : Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Gripper
09-10-2006, 10:25 AM
just played the demo of this and it's great,going to have to get a new graphics card to play this one.:D

Colt Seevers
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Aye good game and I did like it although it did seem a bit s-s-s-s-stuttery in places.. and thats with 4gig of Ram and 7950GTX2... heres hoping they have still to optimise these things further.

SirGray
09-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Well Im running the demo on....
CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ 1659 MHz
RAM size : 1,023.48 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Video card: Radeon 9600 pro 512mb

And I dont get any stuttering, It runs as smooth as butter for me. I dont know what my settings are at, there at whatever they are at when you install it.

Gripper
09-11-2006, 10:13 AM
It was the sound that was stuttering on mine,so prehaps its a sound driver problem.
Comparing Colts and sirgrays experience,it should run smooth as silk on colts if it ran well on sirgrays,t'is only a demo so they will probably have it sorted when they release it.
They'll probably have to patch it within a couple of weeks,that's the norm nowdays.

Colt Seevers
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM
It was the sound that was stuttering on mine,so prehaps its a sound driver problem.
Comparing Colts and sirgrays experience,it should run smooth as silk on colts if it ran well on sirgrays,t'is only a demo so they will probably have it sorted when they release it.
They'll probably have to patch it within a couple of weeks,that's the norm nowdays.

Oh don't get me wrong 99% of the time the game ran smooth as silk, or smoother (if thats possible :)) but there was one scene when opening a door or something and the game went into stutter-rap mode.. also the first time I played and got adrenaline up full for a nice slow-mo decapatation move, it jumped so badly all I saw was the aftermath not the slow motion death I was hoping for... again, this is just nit picking... I will defo still be buying it when released on steam I think... If anything just for the multiplayer, which sounds like it could be awesome... heres hoping.

Twigboy
09-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Oh jeez I hope you don't have to use Steam "I hate hate hate it" to get this to play.
I had my share of fun with Steam trying to get Halflife2 to work.
atfer going to thier forum for advice to get to work adjusting my firewall,internet connection and ect.
I never did instead I got alot of self rightous people telling me it was fault on my part it does'nt work.
It's just sad you buy a game that should run on your computer and you have deal with added bullshit like Steam to run it.

I guess Dark Messiah of Might and Magic will be another game I won't buy to own if it relies on Steam to play.

Colt Seevers
09-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Oh jeez I hope you don't have to use Steam "I hate hate hate it" to get this to play.
I had my share of fun with Steam trying to get Halflife2 to work.
atfer going to thier forum for advice to get to work adjusting my firewall,internet connection and ect.
I never did instead I got alot of self rightous people telling me it was fault on my part it does'nt work.
It's just sad you buy a game that should run on your computer and you have deal with added bullshit like Steam to run it.

I guess Dark Messiah of Might and Magic will be another game I won't buy to own if it relies on Steam to play.

Chill out, you can buy it as a stand alone product.
No Steam.

Twigboy
09-12-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm happy then.
Could never figure out why after buying Halflife2 at the store,the need to go through Steem to get the single player game to work.

MCHeshPants420
09-12-2006, 03:16 PM
This one looks good, I'll need a decent action-rpg (incorporating elements of puzzle/platform/adventure games) by October as I'll have finally completed all of Oblivion by then...

FreeDoom
09-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Looking forward to this :D i'm not much into action rpg's but this looks very good :P

...by October as I'll have finally completed all of Oblivion by then...

Huh? you're still playing Oblivion? :O sweet :P