PDA

View Full Version : Any Way To Filter Fake Search Results

waterloo
09-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Am getting alot of fake search results....usually with filenames similar to legitimate releases but with weird filesizes and they flood the results window making it hard to spot the genuine releases.

I am already using an updated ipfilter.dat. I've heard abt somethin called fakes.dat. Does it filter out fake results?..and if so where do i get it from and how do i use it with 047a. Are there any other ways to get around this problem? Any suggestions will be really helpful :)

Chewie
09-11-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm not sure what exactly can be done since to know whether a file is fake, software would need to be aware of the proper release filename or metadata.

With Shareaza I find that fakes often get generated based on the words I use in the search.
The search system doesn't care what order you type the words so searching for "fall out boy" will generate the same results as "out boy fall".
Try jumbling up the words you search on and you'll see loads of files appear named after your exact search term with numbers at the end or NEW at the beginning. You'll see that then it's easier to spot the fakes and scroll past them.

limesqueezer
09-11-2006, 01:13 PM
All you need to do is to go to: http://www.fakefiles.tk/ and check if the file you want to download is fake or not. Only big files are fakes most of time cause they are used to build a fake share.