PDA

View Full Version : What program do you recommend

The_Hunter
09-12-2006, 12:22 AM
I am sick of using torrent site never get the full download always something missing. Which p2p program is the best for games and programs i use limewire for music and thats all it good for nothing else.

lysine
09-12-2006, 12:38 AM
you need to start using better torrent sites. get some invites to private trackers, or go for some of the ones in the open signup thread. I've never had a problem with releases missing any files or anything.

Skiz
09-12-2006, 01:19 AM
you need to start using better torrent sites. get some invites to private trackers, or go for some of the ones in the open signup thread. I've never had a problem with releases missing any files or anything.

Exactly.

There are plenty of sites out there that are great for games and programs of all sorts. Use the Invites section here for all the invites you desire.

Also, make sure to read a page or two or the comments left by those who have already downloaded what you're wanting. Often times, you'll find lots of useful info information there such as:

Incomplete game.
Trial version.
Serial doesn't work.
etc.

Broken
09-12-2006, 04:15 AM
To hell with torrent sites.
Spend a little cash and look into Usenet (newsgroups). Get the full speed of your connection on everything, get the latest scene releases first, the most safety of any file sharing method, no more needing people to seed things for you or having to share, no more dealing with as*hole site staff.

This site even has a free NZB index, the Usenet equivalent of a torrent.

It was the best move I ever made. Without the hassel of a ratio, i download stuff that I never could have before 1000x faster.

RealitY
09-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Read this...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=69159

FreeDoom
09-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Usenet is a very good alternative if you can pay to get a good service.
No ratio, no seed, no staff, nothing, just the files and you lol :D

DKre8ive1
09-19-2006, 03:44 AM
Read this...

Thanks for the link its a great write up and I may have to give it a try since my ISP has newsgroups but is 5 connections a good amount of connections to download at full speed on my Dsl connection 1100kbs down I belive?

Now if I could just rember my dam password for ISP account. :P

Broken
09-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Read this...

Thanks for the link its a great write up and I may have to give it a try since my ISP has newsgroups but is 5 connections a good amount of connections to download at full speed on my Dsl connection 1100kbs down I belive?

Most ISP run newsgroups are lacking in retention, speed, and groups offered, that is if they even provide binaries. It really depends greatly on the ISP, most people are better off paying for a premium service provider.

If there service is good, the number of connections really does not matter. For example - the service I use gives me four connections, but any single connection is capable of delievering my full download speed of 6mbps.

DKre8ive1
09-19-2006, 10:14 PM

Most ISP run newsgroups are lacking in retention, speed, and groups offered, that is if they even provide binaries. It really depends greatly on the ISP, most people are better off paying for a premium service provider.

If there service is good, the number of connections really does not matter. For example - the service I use gives me four connections, but any single connection is capable of delievering my full download speed of 6mbps.

Thanks for helping me get a better understanding of it. :happy:

firehawk.il
09-22-2006, 12:08 PM
i dont think you should pay for something thats illigle anywayz, if u want to contribute, like leaving your bittorrent open and seed files, so like others then u can get acess to a private traker, enjoy files of others and seed yours.

Broken
09-23-2006, 01:14 AM
i dont think you should pay for something thats illigle anywayz, if u want to contribute, like leaving your bittorrent open and seed files, so like others then u can get acess to a private traker, enjoy files of others and seed yours.

I don't want to contribute to the BitTorrent community. To Hell with all of them, they are not getting the bandwith that I am paying for - nor, am I risking my ass for a bunch of ungrateful noobs. Above all I am not gonna put up with the 'my shit don't stink ' additude from site staff of the private sites.

Do yourself a favor, pay for Usenet. It's just you and the files. No one is parading around with their 'e-penis' in their hand (at least not in public). There's no secret little clicks that you have to jump through a ring of fire to get into like in highschool.
You get your full connection on everything, no sharing required. Above all it's 99.999% save. Usenet has been around since 1985 zero downloaders sued.

I am paying for a reason.
You get what you pay for.