PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Cd Homeworld Problem

metamorphose
09-16-2006, 09:05 PM
I downloaded homeworld 1 (yes, the old 1999 original game) from eMule. The file -homeworld.(osloskop.net).iso- seems to be correct: I mount the file, install it, but when it's time to play it displas a tiny, nice & endlessly cute dialog box saying "invalid or missing homeworld CD. please insert valid CD".

I've read a similar post about homeworld 2, where the solution was DL a no cd patch in game copy world (http://www.gamecopyworld.com/), but the link appears to be broken.

HELP!! Anyone? I'm quite clueless about these topics, any thrace of help would be completly appreciated.

THANX.
:huh:

LegendaryU2K
09-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Try megagames site. They might have a no cd patch. :) If, not, you are out of luck, because gamecopy world and megagames are the only sites i trust for no cd patches.

You can also go to ebgames, and if they are selling budget pc games on the rack, maybe you can find homeworld.

JordoR
09-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Yeah I just checked GameCopyWorld, and theres many No-Cd patches for whatever version you might have. Hope it works, this is a very old but still a great game to play.

metamorphose
09-23-2006, 05:31 AM
thanx.
i got it
the thing was like this, the orginal game had an issue where you had to update to v 1.05 to solve the problem. I just downloaded de file from relic's official site and everything's right now

thanx again. and yes, it's an old but FUN *though to beat* game

Seedler
09-24-2006, 04:41 AM
Homeworld:glag: