PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about mIRC??

hakizzle
09-18-2006, 11:23 PM
can we?

j0hn
09-18-2006, 11:55 PM
why not? mIRC can be used for filesharing. although dcc is used ALOT less than it used to be.
i havent used an xdcc channel for years now. i only use dcc for sending/receiving small files to/from friends on the irc servers i frequent.

hakizzle
09-19-2006, 12:10 AM
okay
im looking for channels who upload quickly scene release tv show!?
anybody know some?

hajo1000
09-22-2006, 08:09 AM
hmmmm....

if we tell them alot more people are going to use them and will be much slower then:)

firehawk.il
09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
www.packetnews.com
its a xdcc search engine. a very good one...
once a long time ago there was the program packetseek, which was the greatest program i'v seen but its not working anymore.
well,
the site is what u need...

madden player
09-22-2006, 05:39 PM
XDCC Klipper 4.43
http://xdccklipper.sourceforge.net/

It's worth a look.

CMC1314
09-27-2006, 09:25 PM
sorry for sounding nooby but what is mIRC?? lol

FreeDoom
09-27-2006, 11:31 PM
sorry for sounding nooby but what is mIRC?? lol

It's a chat client where you can talk with others in channels or private, download/upload files...
IRC = internet relay chat
;)

CMC1314
09-28-2006, 05:02 PM
thank you very much...eh another question lol sorry ya'll but is it faster than torrents??

ZeroTolerance
09-28-2006, 05:29 PM
whats da key to dis product i dl but it say i need to reigister whats da name and code plz anybody

j0hn
09-28-2006, 10:33 PM
u dont need to register it
registering it only stops it asking u to register everytime it starts
essentially though its free

and no, its not faster than torrents. its not a filesharing program
if u've never used mirc, chances are u'll never be able to find anything to download with it.
its simply a program most ppl use to enter irc chatrooms
some of these rooms (theres hundreds of thousands of irc channels (rooms)) have "bots" that send music/movies/apps etc.

its not as widely used as it used to be, and like i said, u'll find it very difficult to find such rooms. if u want free/fast downloads, use torrents.

if u want faster/small cost downloads, with a pretty much unlimited selection of files, then use newsgroups

accat13
09-29-2006, 12:15 AM
u dont need to register it
registering it only stops it asking u to register everytime it starts
essentially though its free

and no, its not faster than torrents. its not a filesharing program
if u've never used mirc, chances are u'll never be able to find anything to download with it.
its simply a program most ppl use to enter irc chatrooms
some of these rooms (theres hundreds of thousands of irc channels (rooms)) have "bots" that send music/movies/apps etc.

its not as widely used as it used to be, and like i said, u'll find it very difficult to find such rooms. if u want free/fast downloads, use torrents.

if u want faster/small cost downloads, with a pretty much unlimited selection of files, then use newsgroups
I agree with most of what you have said. But I have seen channels with fast uploads (better then BT) but they are few and far....BT and NG are alot more simple to use for the average user (since the start of nzb files)...

jnr0000
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't use mIRC unless you were running an fserv with something like sysreset. If you're just downloading or chatting make it irssi.

ZeroTolerance
12-28-2006, 03:49 PM
can anybody please help me???

DefX
12-28-2006, 03:56 PM
One thing i like about mIRC is that i feel more secure downloading in it than in BT. If nothing else, its a good a alternative to P2P if u know what ur doing.

bsgjunkie
12-29-2006, 08:34 AM
thank you very much...eh another question lol sorry ya'll but is it faster than torrents??

It can be - depends on the server. The biggest problem with mIRC is the que lines. You can wait days in line before you even start a download for a popular file.

I know how hard it is for people to grasp this around here, but the only sure fire way to get screaming fast downloads is newsgroups. Obviously many dont like it because there are fees involved, but there are cheaper ways to do it. Newsgroups are a huge advantage to those with really fast connections. 100mbits? No problem, you can DL at your full bandwidth - you just have to pay for it. http://www.usenetserver.com/ - 3 dollars 3 days. If you have a lot of downloading to do, pay 3 bucks and give it a try. Download newsleecher and use all your bandwidth.

Here is a guide that can help:
http://www.cdwmobile.com/blog/2006/12/14/newsgroup-beginners-guide-no-longer-a-reason-to-be-scared/

thewizeard
12-29-2006, 10:17 AM
whats da key to dis product i dl but it say i need to reigister whats da name and code plz anybody

I can help you...drop into FileSharingTalk.com chat on Soulseek or PM me

thewizeard
12-29-2006, 10:17 AM
but you must hurry..as I have zero-tolerance... :lol:

deckerman
12-29-2006, 01:29 PM
o.k. silly question time, what does the m relate to mirc

thewizeard
12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
it stands for Multi...

http://www.mirc.co.uk/mirc.html

R3n3g4D0
12-29-2006, 04:03 PM
too old

Jokerdaddyd
12-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Ok so i downloaded Mirc and im new at it but everytime i try downloading stuff it tells me that i have a dcc pending and that i need to resume within a certain time. Well i dont Know what to do so plz someone help fix that problem.

TYPE R
01-01-2007, 04:08 AM
y not

ck_psu08
01-06-2007, 01:37 AM
o.k. silly question time, what does the m relate to mirc

i thought the m stood for microsoft? althought it is not owned by microsoft it runs on windows...i guess multi makes sense..

dinko
02-08-2007, 11:40 AM
as there are some known sites in bit torrent for downloads specific like dvd rips , dvd-r .

as we can use packetnews or ircspy for search , I am not able to find any good dvd-r special channels :( , so if any one suggest me some of them ?

if not allowed to post , pm can also work.