PDA

View Full Version : XP Worms problem

limesqueezer
09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Anybody fixed the problem with Worms World Party or Worms Armageddon on XP. I patched it with xp patch that enables you to play it in xp and than i tryed later patches but its always the same. I wanted to play this game with a friend and than whenever i kill all the worms or i want to quit the game in middle of play i get a blue screen error and windows restarts. There is no way of quitting the game, not even with task manager, it always gives me the blue screen and restarts. I read on forums that this error never was fixed. But do you have any suggestions or somebody here who can play it on xp without this error ?

Skillian
09-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I had a copy of Worms World Party that ran fine, with no crashes or anything. However I no longer have it, nor do I remember where I got it from or who was the ripping group.

So, not much use then.

limesqueezer
09-20-2006, 01:22 AM
I think that it doesn't have anything to do with release group, more like new versions of xp sp2, since i could play it before without any troubles.

Skillian
09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
This was about 4 months ago, and my XP is always patched to the latest version, if that's any help.

Dunno if it makes a difference, but the game ran much better on my old Radeon 9800 Pro than it did with my Nvidia 7900GT.

limesqueezer
09-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Well could be that it is because my puter is too new, cause i get strange colors in menu of worms, but in game it is ok, well until i close it.