PDA

View Full Version : check out Donnie Darko

david02
09-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Hi, I just saw Donnie Darko

I can recommend this movie to everybody. Go and see it!

info can be found here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/

mr. nails
09-20-2006, 05:15 AM
yeah, saw this one 4-5 years ago and was a very different, but much anticipated movie. did u by chance watch the original or director's cut? the dc version will have tons of extras scenes including the ones that were originally cut for the theatrical version and other info to help u understand the film. not to mention the commentary if ur still lost. i need to watch this one again...

david02
09-20-2006, 05:27 AM
I didn't see the directors cut , which I should for the extra info to understand this movie. hehehe

There are whole internet communities trying to grasp all the little details in it :) The movie has a high ''replay'' value and a great atmosphere

nizrulesall
09-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Ive watched this movie (directors cut) many times, and it never gets old. Each time i watch it i catch onto new lil things. its a mindtrip

TheTRUEKanis
09-23-2006, 05:30 AM
It was a 'right time' + 'right state of mind' for this movie when I saw it. Everything about it was bang on for me. The sound, cinematography everything felt right.
The strange thing is that I don't recommend this one to just anyone since it takes a certain frame of mind to be able to enjoy it (or at least that’s what I think).

TTK

cpt_azad
09-23-2006, 07:01 AM
I loved it, watched it back in '02 I believe, and as you guys have said so far, theres something new to catch everytime you watch it. Not to mention its' feckin mind boggling.

pilfer
09-23-2006, 08:47 PM
I think the more you think about Donnie Darko, the dumber it becomes, so I recommend resisting the temptation to overanalyze it

Suphix
09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
its an amazing film. i watched it about 2 - 3 years ago and found it so sad. i've allways had a real emotional connection with it.