PDA

View Full Version : CSS's NEW Dynamic Weapon Pricing

mr. nails
09-23-2006, 05:00 AM
w0w, how much gayer can this game get. lol, as if this will really matter as most servs allow u to spec cheat with the money anyhow. for those who don't know what this is i'll tell u. let's say the m4 cost $3100. now, let's say 10,000 were bought in game for the week. valve has come to the conclusion that $3100 is too cheap and will bump up the price to $3500 and so on. vice-versa if sells are down. can u see $2500 for a m4? :) now, this makes me really angry due to the fact i like my deagle for $650. lots of others do also. pftt, i can see this weapon selling for 1k now. pretty damn gay. lol, sorry for the nite vision though as i really don't ever see ppl using them and i've never used them. no reason really. maybe they need maps that support them more? anywho, this dynamic weapon's pricing is really damn stupid and what they should had worked on is making the bullets register more that this stupid shit. imo. this will be taking place october 11th. so, get ur last regular priced kevlar NOW!

Source (http://steampowered.com/stats/csmarket)

S!X
09-23-2006, 06:10 AM
This is fkn stupid :mad3:

cpt_azad
09-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Umm...this isn't an RTS and it doesn't affect you really. If you can't afford it in a server, then just leave. There's like a gazillion CS servers.

Seedler
09-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Good old CS 1.6 for me:happy:

JordoR
09-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Good old CS 1.6 for me:happy:

Hahah same here:D

JordoR
09-28-2006, 04:36 AM
This idea actually sounds like it would be a lot of fun. It creates a new dimension to the game of Counter-Strike. Most people will normally buy AK47, M4A1, deagle, etc.. But by having this dynamic weapon pricing, it lowers the price of guns that go untouched. This will diversify the game in terms of what people use maybe, and make the game more interesting. :dabs:

This is probably what Steam was looking at when they thought this up.

mr. nails
11-16-2006, 09:46 AM
lol, so... i've finally played on some servs that support this. funny shit. i had no money for anything. it was costing me like $1,500 for kevlar and $2,500 for a deagle. 4k for the m4 and so on. during good games i guess it was ok for "me", but on bad games all i could afford would be the single shot shotgun for $1,700. this idea will be good for the other weapons, but as of now i really don't like it. also, auto buying of the kevlar now is buggy as fuck. sometimes it will buy it for u sometimes it won't. retarded. gl & hf.

Rip The Jacker
11-16-2006, 10:12 AM
lol, so... i've finally played on some servs that support this. funny shit. i had no money for anything. it was costing me like $1,500 for kevlar and $2,500 for a deagle. 4k for the m4 and so on. during good games i guess it was ok for "me", but on bad games all i could afford would be the single shot shotgun for $1,700. this idea will be good for the other weapons, but as of now i really don't like it. also, auto buying of the kevlar now is buggy as fuck. sometimes it will buy it for u sometimes it won't. retarded. gl & hf.
For me, I have to buy a gun, then kevlar, then something else after it, like a flashbang. If I don't buy anything after the kevlar, and use re-buy, it won't re-buy the kevlar. Stupid crap.

And yeah, I can't stand the dynamic pricing, I mean, it's cool trying to make it realistic. But every single time I play, I'm poor as fuck! It's weird, I can afford all the SMG's, but not the deagle. =/

Good thing a lot of servers disable the pricing system... Oh well. =/

abu_has_the_power
11-16-2006, 11:29 AM
they removed it. thank god

i don't really like the new buying system. u can't buy ammo during the middle of a round. wtf

GepperRankins
11-16-2006, 11:43 AM
w0w, how much gayer can this game get. lol, as if this will really matter as most servs allow u to spec cheat with the money anyhow. for those who don't know what this is i'll tell u. let's say the m4 cost $3100. now, let's say 10,000 were bought in game for the week. valve has come to the conclusion that $3100 is too cheap and will bump up the price to $3500 and so on. vice-versa if sells are down. can u see $2500 for a m4? :) now, this makes me really angry due to the fact i like my deagle for $650. lots of others do also. pftt, i can see this weapon selling for 1k now. pretty damn gay. lol, sorry for the nite vision though as i really don't ever see ppl using them and i've never used them. no reason really. maybe they need maps that support them more? anywho, this dynamic weapon's pricing is really damn stupid and what they should had worked on is making the bullets register more that this stupid shit. imo. this will be taking place october 11th. so, get ur last regular priced kevlar NOW!

Source (http://steampowered.com/stats/csmarket)
so that's what was going on. pretty damn awesome if you ask me. keeps the game fresh, or kept. whatever mang

mr. nails
11-16-2006, 12:57 PM
For me, I have to buy a gun, then kevlar, then something else after it, like a flashbang. If I don't buy anything after the kevlar, and use re-buy, it won't re-buy the kevlar.

heh, never tried that. thx. i'll look into that. that needs to be addressed.

mr. nails
11-16-2006, 12:58 PM
they removed it. thank god

i don't really like the new buying system. u can't buy ammo during the middle of a round. wtf

they removed what? if ur speaking of this new buying system it's not removed. it's either still in beta or servs just disable it. some servs are using this new system.