PDA

View Full Version : So, Company of Heroes then...

Skillian
09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
I've never in my life played an RTS game before, but when reading about Company of Heroes I decided I should give it a try.

Best. Game. Ever. OK, maybe not the best ever (that honour goes to HL2), but it is absolutely fantastic.

http://www.inpactvirtuel.com/images/bdd/screens/20738.jpg

The use of tactics is amazing, and the Havok physics adds loads to the game too. The first time you see an artillery strike completely level a farmhouse is awesome, and you soon realise that pretty much everything in the game, from buildings to bushes to telegraph poles can be destroyed, creating new cover and freeing routes that were blocked before.

Seriously, even if your an RTS n00b like me, I urge you to try out this game. It's gorgeous, frantic and incredibly well presented and put together. Just do it. :01:

Cheese
09-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I hate RTS games but I might have to give this a try now.

DorisInsinuate
09-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I hate every RTS game ever, even the ones I haven't played, except Ground Control.

Eurogamer gave Company of Heroes 10/10, so I guess it's worth a look.

Chewie
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
It's a beautifully constructed game.
It's so feckin' hard to get to grips with though; there is so much going on that I find I can't keep up at all, even in a skirmish against 'easy' computer opposition.

Skillian
09-25-2006, 10:02 PM
Not much use in multiplayer, but you can pause the game (with the pause/break button) and still look around and even give orders. Very useful when things are getting on top of you.

But I'm playing the campaign on easy too - there's no denying it's pretty tough.

Sneakydave
09-25-2006, 10:45 PM
just finished the campaign the other day, really is the best rts ive played in a long time, second only to red alert 2 i reckon :P

Cheese
09-27-2006, 09:25 AM
A very nice game, I'd been reading World War I poetry all day for my course and then played this. Made me feel quite guilty. Sweet.

I find it quite hard to concetrate on the missions and prefer just going round bowing shit up...

Shiranai_Baka
09-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Playing normal computer is so fucking awesome. I play LAN with my friends through hamachi and the normal computer fucking owns us with tanks and we are always telling each other to move our units and thats how we advance and over run the enemy.

Skiz
10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I fucking hate this game. I've been playing it for the past 2 days trying to get comfortable with it but I can't. I just don't like this style of game anymore and just got done uninstalling it.

I didn't even realise it was an RTS. I guess I should have looked into it further, but all the previews made me think it was an FPS.

Oh well..... :sadwalk:

On the pluse side, it has been great for my share ratio. 4.32 GB file and my ratio for it is at 8.473. :ohmy: