PDA

View Full Version : Halo RTS...

silent h3ro
09-28-2006, 12:05 AM
is being released for Xbox 360, named Halo Wars. The thought of this is amazing, and I still have to see the trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=14712). Apparently this is made by the guys who made Rise of Nations and Age of Empires (I think?). Although I would be really pleased if this was released for the PC it still might work out good. Can I get a HELL YEAH?!?!?! :01:

Halo Wars (http://www.halowars.com/) :D

silent h3ro
09-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Ok I just saw the trailer. FUCK, I;m excited! :D

cpt_azad
09-28-2006, 12:54 AM
http://pc.ign.com/objects/857/857437.html

PC too bud :D:D:D I was gonna post it but you beat me to it

Shiranai_Baka
09-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Holy crap, there were reports saying it wasn't for PC. Oh man.. if it was only for console then it would be so fucking idiotic. HOW THE HELL DO YOU MICRO ON A CONSOLE?! (without having to give in extra bucks for keyboard and mouse)

JordoR
09-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Nice:)

Even though I'm not a big fan of the whole Halo series... I'm a big fan of RTS games and this one looks promising. :dabs:

Busyman™
09-28-2006, 01:20 AM
While the thought of a Halo RTS sounds nice, the trailer showed nothing.

I don't even play RTSs but I might try that if I saw some gameplay.

Very smart move by M$. This could possibly bring folks into the RTS genre that previously gave a rat's ass.

suprafreak6
09-28-2006, 01:46 AM
on that halowars.com page it says its for xbox 360 only...looks like a good idea though

NeoTheOne
09-28-2006, 01:48 AM
Just Saw The Trailer on my 360 , HOLY CALIFORNIA <THIS GAME LOOKS SICK!

GepperRankins
09-28-2006, 06:20 AM
ah. so this is why they killed halogen? http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5913

cpt_azad
09-28-2006, 10:30 AM
on that halowars.com page it says its for xbox 360 only...looks like a good idea though

It's for PC too, look at the 3rd post in this thread

Busyman
09-28-2006, 01:49 PM

I bet it won't be for PC 'till awhile after the 360 version.

Cheese
09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
The official site says it is for the X360 exclusively: http://www.halowars.com/faqs.html

Though maybe they'll be a Vista only version at some stage, like what they're doing with Halo 2 in a bid to force customers to buy Vista.

Busyman™
09-28-2006, 09:42 PM
The official site says it is for the X360 exclusively: http://www.halowars.com/faqs.html

Though maybe they'll be a Vista only version at some stage, like what they're doing with Halo 2 in a bid to force customers to buy Vista.

In the video game market, M$ is trying to sell 360's and 360 games first and foremost and would lead off with that. They have the operating system market on lock already. They are trying to fuck a new bitch right now.

With Halo 2, that's "been there, done that" for console fans so it's easy to use that as a throwaway to sell Vista.

xbawksz
09-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Right now I am doing a little dance for the simple fact that it's for PC too.

MCHeshPants420
09-28-2006, 11:05 PM

Except it's not, if you read the FAQ from the official site it says that the game is exclusively for the X360.

Busyman™
09-28-2006, 11:51 PM

Except it's not, if you read the FAQ from the official site it says that the game is exclusively for the X360.

:lol: I love it.

@Afro - you can have solace in that it will be for the PC in 2008.:smilie4:

MCHeshPants420
09-29-2006, 12:20 AM
@Afro: If you want to play a good RTS game now then Company of Heroes is the one to play. PC only of course.

MCHeshPants420
09-29-2006, 12:22 AM

That link you provided proves pretty much nothing. In fact, it counters what you say:

Halo Wars places the player in command of human UNSC armies as they deploy for mankind’s first deadly encounter with the enemy Covenant forces.

Halo Wars is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary Halo universe and built exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, the creators of the Age of Empires series.

Karen DiConcet
09-29-2006, 12:44 AM
@Afro: If you want to play a good RTS game now then Company of Heroes is the one to play. PC only of course.

Not my PC :no:

I tried to play the demo, when it got to the screen that says, "Press Any Key" nothing happened when I pressed any key. Am I supposed to actually have an Any Key?

cpt_azad
09-29-2006, 01:40 AM

That link you provided proves pretty much nothing. In fact, it counters what you say:

Halo Wars places the player in command of human UNSC armies as they deploy for mankind’s first deadly encounter with the enemy Covenant forces.

Halo Wars is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary Halo universe and built exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, the creators of the Age of Empires series.

I said that :dabs:?

Busyman™
09-29-2006, 02:01 AM

The question mark seems to indicate that you are wondering if you said that it wasn't for the PC and is exclusively for the Xbox 360.

The answer to your question is no, you did not say that.

Seedler
09-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Too bad it's only for the 360:no:

cpt_azad
09-29-2006, 03:39 AM

The question mark seems to indicate that you are wondering if you said that it wasn't for the PC and is exclusively for the Xbox 360.

You just confused me more.

I thought it was for PC (hence the IGN link).

I was referring to that long quote by Cheese which I'm pretty sure I didnt make, the longest post in this thread by me is this post right here.

MCHeshPants420
09-29-2006, 08:45 AM

Not my PC :no:

I tried to play the demo, when it got to the screen that says, "Press Any Key" nothing happened when I pressed any key. Am I supposed to actually have an Any Key?

Yeah, I think you need to update your keyboard. I have a zboard which has a right and left "Any" key. Pretty sweet.

MCHeshPants420
09-29-2006, 08:46 AM

You just confused me more.

I thought it was for PC (hence the IGN link).

I was referring to that long quote by Cheese which I'm pretty sure I didnt make, the longest post in this thread by me is this post right here.

It's not rocket surgery guys, the long quote I made is taken from the link you provided in post 3.

Karen DiConcet
09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
I like how he complained that someone didn't read the link but he seems to have only read the URL and the first three lines.

Karen DiConcet
09-29-2006, 10:26 AM
I also like how Seedler arrives without having read any of the thread and makes a post that lives up to his standards.

twister
09-29-2006, 06:02 PM
gameguy likes peen

MCHeshPants420
09-29-2006, 08:03 PM
gameguy likes peen

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Like Halo Wars is exclusively for the X360 Gameguy is exclusively heterosexual, though I'm sure there is some chance that he may get really drunk one day and come out for the PC. :dabs:

Karen DiConcet
09-29-2006, 10:51 PM
gameguy likes peen

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Like Halo Wars is exclusively for the X360 Gameguy is exclusively heterosexual, though I'm sure there is some chance that he may get really drunk one day and come out for the PC. :dabs:

I see what you were trying to do there. I'm pretty sure the paragraph doesn't make sense though. You get one lol.

silent h3ro
10-05-2006, 12:25 AM
gameguy likes peen

I'm pretty sure that's not true. Like Halo Wars is exclusively for the X360 Gameguy is exclusively heterosexual, though I'm sure there is some chance that he may get really drunk one day and come out for the PC. :dabs::)
Dude, twista, we gotta talk more.