PDA

View Full Version : want BitMeTv will trade TvTorrents and Demonoid

Mobert
09-29-2006, 01:36 AM
I have been happy with TvTorrents and have lots of credits but they don't seem to have the pre-air of The Wire up early. I am wondering if BitMeTv does? I don't know if TvTorrents have anything that BitMeTv doesn't but I can trade 10 gigs of credits for 1 gig of BitMeTv.

Or maybe someone who is a member there can tell me if Series 4 Ep 4 of the Wire is up at BitMeTv so I can not wish for something that I don't need?

Thanks for looking.

aburyach
09-29-2006, 02:12 AM
Nope, bitmetv does not have S04E04 of The Wire. Here is a screenshot of what it does have of "The Wire" torrent files-

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6223/wirexh0.png

Mobert
09-29-2006, 02:36 AM
aburyach---Thanks you very much!! It looks like the the latest show was uploaded days later than the other sites.

I appreciate your help!! So what makes BitMeTv better in some people's opinion?

Mobert
09-29-2006, 02:39 AM
TvTorrents is having a little server problem at the moment, otherwise I could try to load a screen shot too.

aburyach
09-29-2006, 03:09 AM
Well to be honest, The Wire must be an exception to the rule beacuse bitmetv is usually very fast with its ups, it is usually only beat by ScT, and that maybe by only several minutes. Bitmetv is great because it is very community based and it has many active members (currently 22,600). Some say that it is hard to keep a good ratio because there are few hit and runners and many good seeders (58,000 disabled users~usually due to low ratio). But in all honesty as long as you leave your torrent running for a couple of days you should be at a 1 ratio or higher. The best part, I guess, is that since the people there are good sharers, one can grab even very old files quickly and easily. On other sites these same files might just have 1-2 seeds. Also a distictive feature is a lot of internal season packs, which are pretty nice.

I will quit rambling now :lol: and leave you with a screenshot of the stats and number of torrents in browse page.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9171/statsbtmvoo3.png

Mobert
09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
LOL!! OK, you made me want it. TvTorrents is still down so I am sad. I'm a low volume user and only download TV and audiobooks. If anyone have anything for me I would appreciate it. I don't know if what I have is of any value but I would be glad to trade. I am Mobert over at www.reefcentral.com where I am a Team Member that helps out on that site. So if anyone wants help with their reef or fish tank, I would be glad to help out.

I will try to post proof of good standing at TvTorrents when they are back up. I think I have 128 G of credit there. I am mobert61 at Demonoid. uploaded 19.55 GB and down loaded 6.73 GB Ratio onlyB 2.91

How do I post screen shots of my stats? I tried cutting and pasting but it didn't show right.

Mobert
09-30-2006, 04:31 AM
Wow!! I just got back on TvTorrents and BitMeTv blows it away as far as stats and seeder/leach ratio. Timeliness of new torrents were pretty equal for the Wire. It might take me a few hours for a new episode but that's OK. Thanks aburyach for posting those stats for me. I see the big advantage is the number of seeders for older shows.

May I ask what are "internal season packs"?

Thanks again for all the info.

aburyach
09-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Internal season packs are basically what they are called. They are all of the episodes from a particular season of almost any show. A lot of times the packs are compiled to form a pack of one show spanning over several seasons, creating massive torrents that can reach upwards of 60GB+ (take the Simpsons Season 1-16 "Mega-pack", 44.2 GB)

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8214/bmv1vs6.png

They are nice in the sence that as a season is over, all of the indivdual episodes are deleted and a pack is created . That way, there will be many users seeding all/some of the eps; sometiems if this is not done you might end up with 2 people seeding an episode of a show that you really want to download.

Mobert
10-01-2006, 04:47 AM
44.2gb of Simpsons! LOL That's more than my 36.1 gb of Alias or 25.9 gb of Sopranos. I just got an additional 500gb external drive so I don't have to decide what to delete. Internal season packs are nice. TvTorrents also packages up the season once it is completeand they are organized by show. They have your personal favorites page and your uploads page so you can easily see if you need to re-seed something or if there is something new. I guess I've never not been able to get something and for sure the shows come in faster than you have time to watch them....:)