PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Donaldson

stoi
05-09-2003, 03:12 AM
If you have not read these books then i would suggest doing so now, its hard to explain what they are about and the only explanation i can give is that they are a cross between Lord of the Rings and the Gunslinger series by Stephen King.

If i tried to explain any further i would probably make them sound boring :D but they are not, they are clasic books in there own right, not as good as LOTR (obviously) but very close if not on par with The Gunslinger series.

J'Pol
05-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by stoi@9 May 2003 - 04:12
If you have not read these books then i would suggest doing so now, its hard to explain what they are about and the only explanation i can give is that they are a cross between Lord of the Rings and the Gunslinger series by Stephen King.

If i tried to explain any further i would probably make them sound boring :D but they are not, they are clasic books in there own right, not as good as LOTR (obviously) but very close if not on par with The Gunslinger series.
I agree. Read the series a few years ago now.

Anyone who likes fantasy should read these.

They take a chapter or two to get into but once there it is well worth the effort.

Good taste that man.

tracydani
05-10-2003, 07:01 PM
I've only read one of them(don't remember which) but will definately read them all eventually.

I don't usually read anything out of order but this was one I picked up and read when I had nothing else at the time. It was worth it :)

sArA
05-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Whilst I agree with the general opinion that the books are good....

2 criticisms...

Firstly that Thomas is such a w&%@&r you wanna shake him... lol

Secondly, the books (I felt) drag on a bit...what I mean is, that the story seems to have been milked for every ounce of plot by book3-4 meaning the series is a little overlong.

Having said that...I enjoyed reading them and probably will again.