PDA

View Full Version : Awkward moment

Gripper
10-13-2006, 10:32 AM
We had the TV on last night whilst eating dinner with the children and Paul o Grady was on,Paul was talking to Janet street porter and said "I'm a virgin",to which my 7 year old daughter said to me "So am I aren't I Daddy".:O
Trying hard not to choke on my food,and with my wife giggling away in the kitchen I replied "course you are darling",
"Good" she says.
"That means I can send Paul free texts,'cause we're on the same network".

What can you do.:)

Jagarga
10-13-2006, 11:43 AM
glag

Jagarga
10-13-2006, 11:44 AM
she can send seedler free texts also

Busyman
10-13-2006, 01:35 PM
We had the TV on last night whilst eating dinner with the children and Paul o Grady was on,Paul was talking to Janet street porter and said "I'm a virgin",to which my 7 year old daughter said to me "So am I aren't I Daddy".:O
Trying hard not to choke on my food,and with my wife giggling away in the kitchen I replied "course you are darling",
"Good" she says.

There's a good lesson.

Stop having the telly on while having family dinner.

MCHeshPants420
10-13-2006, 01:51 PM
"Good" she says.

There's a good lesson.

Surely the lesson is: get a HDTV.

Barbarossa
10-13-2006, 02:12 PM
"Good" she says.

There's a good lesson.

Surely the lesson is to have Tivo-ed some cartoons to watch during family dinner, and not have to watch the Paul O'Grady show :dabs:

Jagarga
10-13-2006, 02:17 PM
surely this lesson is to steal a microwave and make the child believe they are watching tv when in fact it is the stolen microwave.

Barbarossa
10-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Surely the lesson is to steal a microwave and let the kids make their own readymeals at their own time, thus negating the need for a family dinner at all, and any awkwardness thereupon.

manker
10-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Surely the lesson is to avoid, at all costs, bearing within earshot when a scouser speaks.

manker
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Surely the lesson is to steal a microwave and let the kids make their own readymeals at their own time, thus negating the need for a family dinner at all, and any awkwardness thereupon.
Surely the lesson there is not to over-stretch yourself, vocabulary-wise, when attempting to use the present subjunctive :ermm:

Barbarossa
10-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I will probably need to find out what the present subjunctive is before I learn that particular lesson. I suspect I was OK up until the very end :ermm:

Jagarga
10-13-2006, 02:29 PM
pnewb

manker
10-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I will probably need to find out what the present subjunctive is before I learn that particular lesson.
I wouldn't bother, mate.

Just do what I do and post in a confident manner so people assume you're right without checking.

Gripper
10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Wassa Tivo ffs,isn't that some old tech that never took off,I'd be better off with one of these (http://www.t3.co.uk/reviews/entertainment/dvd_-_recorder/sony_rdr-hx510_dvdhard_disk_recorder)

Barbarossa
10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I was just taking the piss out of busy, thanks for highlighting it :smilie4: