PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

Wizzandabe
05-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Has anyone got the new harry potter book the pheonix or something like that?

imported_QuietSilence!
05-10-2003, 09:11 AM
ya theres a link to it in my can of books post in the in a can section of this world

5 is realy 5 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

i got 7 too but not shure its real but its a good read anyway :)

dmorgan89
05-10-2003, 11:49 PM
how positive are you that the book five you have is the REAL book five? Because I've seen news at www.the-leaky-cauldron.org that lots of fakes have been put out. Is it really book five?

ooo
05-10-2003, 11:59 PM
http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/marketing/harrypotter2/top-center-hp5-0205.gif

PREORDER NOW FROM AMAZON >> that means that it didnt come out yet...

Editorial Reviews
Book Description
The next volume in the thrilling, moving, bestselling Harry Potter series

From the Publisher
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling, the fifth in the bestselling series has been scheduled for release on Saturday, June 21, 2003.

dlingeverything
05-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Heard that several Harry Potter Books (#5) were stolen from
printing company. Most were found in a field but one is still missing.

A little off-topic,

but anyone noe if this is fo real or BS?

Wolfmight
05-11-2003, 02:43 AM
i haerd the aurthor said that it was impossible for a copy to be leaked..she even printin em yet?

imported_QuietSilence!
05-11-2003, 05:42 AM
yes i am shure my version of 5 is the right 1 just not so shure of 7

it dosnt matter what the auther said anything can be leaked and as a matter of fact 2 of the HP books where lost or stolen and whee found in a field in england

what better way to get a way with stealing them then to scan them and then throw them away and then shar them in kazaa so u can say u found them in kazaa?

btw i all so got 2 others that said they where book 5 but they where fake though 1 was a prity good fake here is a link to it its not bad
no direct downloads!!! they got 2 books there now and a 3rd part done

Wizzandabe
05-11-2003, 02:23 PM
The books found in a field the ppl that stole them got arested later on that day.

Wolfmight
05-11-2003, 04:00 PM
There is no 7th version yet, that one is a major fake

Curly77
05-11-2003, 04:53 PM
The ppl that were arrested only managed to get away with a few chapters anyway.

imported_QuietSilence!
05-11-2003, 07:14 PM
well like i said try 7 any way if it is a fake its a realy good one writen in the same style as rowling i would not doubt at all that 7 is a fake as its not the whole year at hogworts like the rest but ti is a good read

and 1 more time i got 5 a month ago before it was released and it is defenatly not a fake its the real deal

so thee not as secure as the auther seems to think

Evil Fish
05-11-2003, 11:46 PM
ya, the 7 is definately a fake since she hasn't even started writing it yet. but I'm gonna give 5 a try

itykii
05-12-2003, 06:11 AM
QuietSilence! - Your book 5 is a fake. It is fan fiction. there is another version of that same copy that has the author (not Rowling) discussing why, how, and when he wrote the book. (he is a high-schooler).

If you don't take my word for it, the publisher has released this statement:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling, the fifth in the bestselling series has been scheduled for release on Saturday, June 21, 2003.

"We are thrilled to announce the publication date. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is absolutely superb and will delight all J.K. Rowling's fans. She has written a brilliant and utterly compelling new adventure, which begins with the words:

"The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.... The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four.
"Later in the novel, J.K. Rowling writes:

"Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses. 'It is time,' he said 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'
-Barbara Marcus, President of Scholastic Children's Books in the United States, and Nigel Newton, Chief Executive of Bloomsbury Publishing in Britain

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is over 255,000 words compared with over 191,000 words in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The new book is 38 chapters long, one more than Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your version of book 5, it does not begin with those words.
this fanfic has the begining as him sleeping in in the summer, or something along those lines. (not him in the flowerbed, as is in the real book.)
And it also does not have the "dumbledore lowered is hands" part anywhere in it either. (I used the find feature).

Chances are a fake is not going to be released anytime soon.

Perhaps you should do a bit more research before saying for certain that is is indeed book 5.

Note: you can find the authors remarks at a plethora or harry potter fan sites, amazon, and other book sellers.

imported_QuietSilence!
05-12-2003, 07:05 AM
ur right its a fake both are but if u read it u wont be able to tell it its vary good and just as good as anything that rowling wrote 7 was a little difrent but still a good read

also i say again it dose not matter when the releace is for a book i have got many many books before they where released
not only books but movies and software so that arugment is not worth wile and when i got that book 5 the publisher had not released any info on it all i could go by was that it was in the exact same style as rowling if any thing it was better then the first 4

btw i have renaned thes books to

Rowling, J. K - Harry Potter FanFiction - Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent.pdf
Rowling, J. K - Harry Potter FanFiction - Harry Potter and the Triangle Prophecy.rtf

note: left rowlings name in so they sort together. i dont realy care who the real auther is anyway also im adding 2 more fan fictions to the set the ones on the sight **no direct downloads!** havent read these yet so i dont know how good they are
but the names are
Rowling, J. K - Harry Potter FanFiction - no name1.doc
Rowling, J. K - Harry Potter FanFiction - no name2.doc

the guy used the same name as rowlings 5 and 6 so i made them no name 1 and 2

itykii
05-12-2003, 07:21 AM
Im glad to see that.

about the release date thing - i understand where you come from, as many things do come out on the internet before the actual release date.
but - many people ask for books months before the release date, and as many authors only finish their books about a ~month(s) before they are published, and even then they go through edititing and such.
The time it takes to actually print out the books in relatively short.
as such, even though you now know that the book 7 is a fake also, that at one time you believed the possiblity that it could be real is unimaginable. the publishers rush rowlings books out the door as soon as she finsihes them.

I really doubt that she is very far into 6, let alone 7.
also, the security for books as popular for this would make it extremely hard to leak a copy(or steal one).

be no means are every, or even alot (of), book(s) released on the internet early.
everyones best bet is to go be the release dates.

note: as I re-read this, I sound harsh to my own ears. Dont mean to be. Your awesome. Used your list many and much. many thanks for it.

also. I read the book over the weekend, and I think rowling is much better.(though by no means is she one of my favorite authors.)

Ad
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
personally i hate harry potter

to much for kids :P

imported_QuietSilence!
05-12-2003, 07:32 AM
acualy she prob has writen all the books but the publishers are only releaceing them 1 a year or so this is a vary commin pratice as it makes peps want the books more and they go out right a way and get them

basily they make more money that way. they release the hard back 6 months later the paper back and 6 month later the newest hard back uasly a minimum of 3 months between releases in a series

also didnt the news releace say that 2 of her new books where stolen from the publisher? may be not i didnt read it just heard about it here

no u wernt harsh i made the mistake of saying 5 was defenatly the real thing cuse i could not see a diffrense in the wrighting style and had no info other wise the other book 7 i kida suspeted it may be fake and the other 2 from fan fiction sight i knew where fake. but 5 was a realy good fake so i figured it was real

oh well live and learn :)

tzone
05-20-2003, 09:35 AM
ok like so much to say and so little time

1 hpfanfic is a site devoted to hp
2 fanfic cant you under stand its just a shortened word fan fiction get it well basically fans write storys called fanfics that use the same charcters settings etc but they make up the story if you dumbareses did your reasearch the boy who made it or "harrywriter" his forum name in his forum (hint hint )\(wait ill spell it out for you h a r r y w r i t e r get it now)
3 no seven cant possibly be out yet
4 yes good suggestion quiet silence but i dont think she would do that
5 it is poss that 5 is on the net i am searching kazaa 4 it now
6 you can also talk about hp on my hp forum if you like it please no "people who dont like hp"

hp forum (http://tzoneharrypotter.to-j.com)

Got_brains?
05-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Ok, did you read her 'stupid/hate mail' section? It says all through there "READ THE FAQ..... THESE ARE NOT THE REAL BOOKS. I WROTE THEM MYSELF."

Read the title of the site. "Harry Potter FAN FICTION". Is it clear now or do I have to spell it out for you?

T-H-E-S-E-B-O-O-K-S-A-R-E-F-A-K-E-!

:P YEA!!!! I got stars!!!!! Happy day! (And on a flame post too! Dubble points! :P )

sh2dak
06-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by tzone+28 May 2003 - 07:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tzone @ 28 May 2003 - 07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Got_memory?@21 May 2003 - 23:23
Ok, did you read her &#39;stupid/hate mail&#39; section? It says all through there "READ THE FAQ..... THESE ARE NOT THE REAL BOOKS. I WROTE THEM MYSELF."

Read the title of the site. "Harry Potter FAN FICTION". Is it clear now or do I have to spell it out for you?

T-H-E-S-E-B-O-O-K-S-A-R-E-F-A-K-E-&#33;

:P YEA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I got stars&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Happy day&#33; (And on a flame post too&#33; Dubble points&#33;&nbsp; :P )
her?

H-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-S
H-I-S
H-I-SH-I-SH-I-S
H-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-S
H-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-S
H-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-S
H-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-SH-I-S

H-I-S

<span style='color:red'>H-I-S</span> [/b][/quote]
I reckon some fools from the publishers of harry potter have already done some scam and got paid for it&#33; Probably the reason how the two books got found on the feild&#33;
Its quite impossible to run into such a gaurded book printing as harry potter 5 and then run back out, and it would be even more stupid to drop it on a feild&#33;

Maybe someone was supposed to pick it up, but instead that guy found it and (like a dumb ibiot) gave it to the papers&#33;

imported_QuietSilence!
06-17-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by tuvas@13 June 2003 - 16:15
I&#39;ve been messaging out this message to people who carry fake HP5&#39;s.

Hey, do you realize your carrying a FAKE Harry Potter 5 book on your computer. What you have is a copy of a fanfic version. one of many floating around the internet. The real book starts with the sentence "The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.... The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four." So please do as I have done and mark this book as "Not JK Rowling", put in the description a fake, and mark the quality poor, and forward this message to others&#33; Thanks&#33;
y would u make it as poor quality for?
most of the fan fiction books are just a s good as the ones that rowling has come out with so far in fact maybe better as rowling is not the best wrighter there is and tends to wright at a preteen level

check my can of books and read the books before u go saying they are poor quality

NOTE the fan fiction books i have are listed as rowling as the auther but are listed as fan fiction this is just to get them to sort together so peps can find them easyer 2 of them where named the same as rowlings upcomeing books so i changed the name of them to no name 1 & 2till the idiot that wrote them come up with a orignal name for them

brynasmith
06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Ok guys but the weekend has past so where is the REAL harry potter??
So the fake one&#39;s are good but I want the real one, before next year when they will finally get it where I live.

slammy_dunken
06-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by brynasmith@21 June 2003 - 16:20
Ok guys but the weekend has past so where is the REAL harry potter??
So the fake one&#39;s are good but I want the real one, before next year when they will finally get it where I live.
It&#39;s still the weekend for me. and just wait a while. The real HP book 5 will come out soon, but it just takes time.

Curley
06-21-2003, 10:42 PM
Its already out on SS in the ebooks room. I&#39;m thinking of downloading it, I&#39;ll let you know if I do.

Edit: Not KLF Bookworld

Evil Fish
06-21-2003, 10:45 PM
I&#39;ve already posted a kazaa hash for the full book here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?showtopic=46124)

ooo
06-22-2003, 09:31 PM
--&#62; dl it from here

--&#62; please no direct downloads (http://www.disney.com)

site may be down due to geocities cheap bandwidth&#33;

Djaswan
06-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Soul814@22 June 2003 - 21:31
--&#62; dl it from here

--&#62; no direct downloads (http://www.disney.com)

i wanted a dutch version of the book but i wonder of it is out yet, and mine english isn&#39;t that good :(

soopaman
06-23-2003, 07:42 AM
Has anyone actually read the whole book yet?? I really want to know who dies but have never read any of the books or seen the films. I will get round to it one day but was curious about all the killing of a character fuss. I don&#39;t want to be a spoiler but I&#39;d heard it was a "Weasley" from a guy at work. Don&#39;t know what that means though&#33;&#33; :lol:

Please don&#39;t say "read them and find out", I may do one day but I&#39;ve got a stack of books to read that&#39;s 2 feet high already&#33;&#33; Plus I work loads so quality reading time is at a premium.

Thanks in advance to anyone that posts. Cheers. ;) :D

{I}{K}{E}
06-23-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Djaswan+22 June 2003 - 23:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Djaswan &#064; 22 June 2003 - 23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Soul814@22 June 2003 - 21:31
--&#62; dl it from here

i wanted a dutch version of the book but i wonder of it is out yet, and mine english isn&#39;t that good :( [/b][/quote]
*de nederlandse komt pas in november uit :(

dutch version will be released in november

WeeMouse
06-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by soopaman@23 June 2003 - 08:42
Has anyone actually read the whole book yet?? I really want to know who dies but have never read any of the books or seen the films. I will get round to it one day but was curious about all the killing of a character fuss. I don&#39;t want to be a spoiler but I&#39;d heard it was a "Weasley" from a guy at work. Don&#39;t know what that means though&#33;&#33; :lol:

Please don&#39;t say "read them and find out", I may do one day but I&#39;ve got a stack of books to read that&#39;s 2 feet high already&#33;&#33; Plus I work loads so quality reading time is at a premium.

Thanks in advance to anyone that posts. Cheers. ;) :D
I&#39;ve read it all...

this was me when the person died -> :o :huh: :( :&#39;(

yyiryyib
06-24-2003, 10:34 PM
yea i read it, didnt take too long actaully, i had to finish the book i was reading before that before i could start :(

Still read it now, it didnt really bother me that who died did die. u dont really see too much of him and anyways i kinda saw it coming

If u really want to know who dies, just read the last 2 chapters, it will explain all and takes the whole of 10 mins to do

Freek1e
06-25-2003, 02:46 PM
I am a big fan of HP (now that&#39;s out of the way)

the 5th book sucked...

It appeared hastily written and incomplete

storylines hadn&#39;t evovled enough, then rushed to a dead end

the death was vvv badly written, almost like a throw away character that she couldn&#39;t bother to develop, which is a shame really as given the characters history it could have provided a good running storyline (hence the inclusion of the arch as an afterthought, i.e. a way to still comunicate with the dead person)

the whole book felt like a stop gap until the next REAL book comes out

there was a whole lot more that could have and should have happened, the whole mystery behind harry should have been delved into a little more deeply and not just skimmed over

I do agree that some of the characters introduced will be a benefit in coming stories, but feel that the existing characters could have been developed a hell of a lot more, snape has been given a very small role in this book when I felt after the 4th book he would have been far more prominent

In fact the book was basically a blueprint or map to the 6th book where I feel alot more information will be given, you will see a lot more of snapes dual-spy role and a lot more death-eater vs pheonix(or D.A) action and involvement

I have read the book 4 times i full and agree with a lot of people that JK was under pressurre to produce so just thrown this book to the wolves to appease their appetite until the REAL story is written

now... Does anyone think that given J.K&#39;s recent press report that the whole story will be turned on it&#39;s head by the time it is finished will lead to the following conclusion:-

I think that Lily & james Potter were in Voldemort&#39;s inner circle and this is what led to a bit of a break in the ranks and Voldemort&#39;s decision to kill them and their son, especially in light of the prophecy which is clearly being used to show that Harry would in fact be the next great wizard which would mean the end of voldemort

There are a number of subtle hints that point to where everything should meet and become one path, no more big bad wizard vs old good wizard, but one great wizard, all the houses should unite to become the greatest school of wizardry with the one great wizard to lead it

just my thought on the matter.

I also think that J.K is going to finish this whole lot in the next 2 books and with that finish the Harry potter series for good, she has basically come out and said she wants to end the affair sooner rather than later, so be prepared for 2 rushed out books to finish the matter

again just my opinion

I will be buying the next books until I have the full Harry set but am hoping that the next one is a more finished article rather than a thrown out appeasing money-spinner like the 5th book.... how anyone can go from the heights of the 4th book to the doldrums of the 5th without it being both unfinished and a sacrifice is beyond me

PLEASE J.K, return to the form of the FOURTH BOOK for the sake of your fans